Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

So can anyone talk about the locker situation for Hagrid? What is and isn't allowed on the ride? Can my kids wear their robes? Thanks!
Wrong thread. This should be in the Hagrid General Discussion. But to briefly answer your question, loose bags and other things not in a pocket must be placed in a locker. Similar to Gringotts and Forbidden Journey. However, you’re also allowed to wear a fanny pack, as long as the connector is 3-prong.

Not sure on robes, but I’m sure if you’re wearing it, it’s not loose, and should be okay.

3rd in line at rope drop @ 7:37.

I don’t think this will be much different than yesterday even tho I’m 12 minutes early.

This is our 3rd and last rope drop, probably got here too early, but we are collecting data for the sake of science here!

People run to the Suess hold area. We were about 10 back there yesterday, hopefully that will happen again.

Looks like 7:45 is the sweet spot for a 9:00 open.

3rd in line at rope drop @ 7:37.

I don’t think this will be much different than yesterday even tho I’m 12 minutes early.

This is our 3rd and last rope drop, probably got here too early, but we are collecting data for the sake of science here!

People run to the Suess hold area. We were about 10 back there yesterday, hopefully that will happen again.

Looks like 7:45 is the sweet spot for a 9:00 open.
Thanks for the info, nice reconnaissance job! Do they still do first family with the 8:30 turnstile open?

Thanks for the info, nice reconnaissance job! Do they still do first family with the 8:30 turnstile open?

Yep.

There is a sign just beyond the gates that says Hagrids is at capacity. Hopefully this is some kind of twisted joke. :/

Edit the sign came down. Whew!

Last edited:
Yep.

There is a sign just beyond the gates that says Hahrids is at capacity. Hopefully this is some kind of twisted joke. :/
Cool, I have 3 kids with robes so we usually snag a first family, this year one just turned 11, so with a week there early August we should easily snag a first family. We've actually been asked multiple times before and we have to refuse to give others the opportunity.

Under the arch at 9:00 and out by 9:31. If there are no breakdowns this ride has a constantly moving queue.

We walked thru the preshow room all 3 times without it playing, just a dog walking around in there.

Edit: fixed "If their or no breakdowns". lol i always think people should fix phone typos before posting, but holy crap i did it all right here. ;p

Last edited:
Cool, I have 3 kids with robes so we usually snag a first family, this year one just turned 11, so with a week there early August we should easily snag a first family. We've actually been asked multiple times before and we have to refuse to give others the opportunity.
What is first family?

Home! I'll do a trip report tomorrow or Friday, but I did want to point out that the part between IOA rope drop and Seuss rope drop (9:00, 8:46, and 8:50 I think for our three runs) is key.

People are so stupid though; running, outright cutting, it is not fun. We did a focused walk and did not lose much time at all - please do not run here, it is not necessary.

The line started at Sindbad and they led you into and out of the theater, then by Hogwarts Express. You have a chance to jump into either locker area and only lose a few spots (group-wise) in line; just be quick. Once you go through the arch, and if it does not break down, you do not stop walking. This relatively boring queue (more to come in the TR!) will do the trick once they get this thing running on all fours.

With 7 or 8 trains running (still not sure if there are 3 or 4 at load/unload) we were through in 30 minutes both times that it did not break down. The first time would have been around 40 (without the hour stoppage); there were 3 or 4 one-minute stoppages in the queue also (maybe people who couldn't get on in time?). Very manageable, even if it does have a sub-2000 hourly capacity.

Get there at 7:45, walk briskly to Seuss rope, don't cut or run, pray to your god for smooth operations for the first hour, and you'll be out by 9:30.

Last edited:
While doing the ripe drop thing is the way to go if you are on a trip and want to make sure you ride before any possible storms, if you are a local just showing up around 2 seems to be the way to go. There is that early influx of people and the wait time goes up to 180-210 and they dont really lower it through the day. If they do it goes down to 120. But generally it seems like as long as there are no delays you can expect half the posted wait time. Showes up at 2.15 2 days ago with a posted 120 and waited 50mins. About 5 mins outside then 45 inside including the preshow.

Home! I'll do a trip report tomorrow or Friday, but I did want to point out that the part between Seuss rope drop (9:00, 8:46, and 8:50 I think for our three runs) is key.

People are so stupid though; running, outright cutting, it is not fun. We did a focused walk and did not lose much time at all - please do not run here, it is not necessary.

The line started at Sindbad and they led you into and out of the theater, then by Hogwarts Express. You have a chance to jump into either locker area and only lose a few spots (group-wise) in line; just be quick. Once you go through the arch, and if it does not break down, you do not stop walking. This relatively boring queue (more to come in the TR!) will do the trick once they get this thing running on all fours.

With 7 or 8 trains running (still not sure if there are 3 or 4 at load/unload) we were through in 30 minutes both times that it did not break down. The first time would have been around 40 (without the hour stoppage); there were 3 or 4 one-minute stoppages in the queue also (maybe people who couldn't get on in time?). Very manageable, even if it does have a sub-2000 hourly capacity.

Get there at 7:45, walk briskly to Seuss rope, don't cut or run, pray to your god for smooth operations for the first hour, and you'll be out by 9:30.
Exactly the info I was looking for, will be there is about 3 weeks and definitely doing rope drop.

Home! I'll do a trip report tomorrow or Friday, but I did want to point out that the part between IOA rope drop and Seuss rope drop (9:00, 8:46, and 8:50 I think for our three runs) is key.

Nice update! They’ve been running 8 trains much of the day, every day (except Sunday,) since last Wednesday.

They’ve been able to double daily average capacity when comparing the last seven days to the first week. Definitely getting better.

Ya, that sucks. If everybody is running (i.e.- TDL/DS), it can be really fun. But if only a couple are, then you're just being an a-hole.
At the end of the day, it's a ride. Your integrity has to be worth something.

Last edited: