Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 583 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking, based on previous roomers about a steam screen with projected bricks for the 9 3/4, that the effect for squid face on the updated pirates of the carribean ride might be used. It will br projected to look like water but it's actually steam.
I have a theory, so don't quote me, but I don't believe that Platform 9 3/4 will use any type of mechanical special effects. Just a simple optical illusion. But I there hight be a Musion Eyeline effect beside Platform 9 3/4.

Anyone have any theories as to what happens after the thief's downfall. For instance in the movie they fall out of the vehicle. Apparently the rumor is that the track will drop. Sounds amazing. Im just wondering how that will be done as far as the story. We fall, land back on the track, and keep going? Any theories?

I've been hoping for a drop track. That would be such an awesome element! :cheers:

Youre not the only one who has thought about this. Maybe Hermione saves the day once again and stops us from hitting the ground then magically brings us back up to track?!

And that would be a clever way for it to work! The vehicle drops, Hermione saves us from crashing to the ground, and then levitates us back on track. Works! :thumbs:

I believe the reason they have three queues is that one is for the as-yet-unused express pass line, one is for standby, and one is for single riders. This is the first I've ever heard that FJ was supposed to be 3D.

That's what it's going to be used for now. The original plan had them grouping the guests together where the test seats are right now and sending them either to the right or left (one express one regular) with the singles already mixed in. The center aisle was for the glasses containers. That part of the queue was already designed and approved when the 3D was cut.

Interestingly there was also a different plan for the dungeons that was cut, which is why there is a second lane that is never used.

Why was the 3d cut from FJ?

At the time it was actually not because of money, but rather they realized the high chance of a guests glasses falling off.

I have a theory, so don't quote me, but I don't believe that Platform 9 3/4 will use any type of mechanical special effects. Just a simple optical illusion. But I there hight be a Musion Eyeline effect beside Platform 9 3/4.

They might just say only wizzards can walk thru the wall and Muggles have to go around to the right (or left )side.

Has there been more discussion about the language in the survey that was posted regarding having to receive a pass to come back to either side at a certain time? While I have no doubt the logistics have been thought out, I can't help but wonder if that means people would be kicked out after awhile. For example, if you make it to Diagon Alley via Hogwarts Express and are given a return time of 3:30, what if Diagon Alley is packed at 3:30? Are you denied entrance? Will people who have been there for awhile be asked to leave?

Has there been more discussion about the language in the survey that was posted regarding having to receive a pass to come back to either side at a certain time? While I have no doubt the logistics have been thought out, I can't help but wonder if that means people would be kicked out after awhile. For example, if you make it to Diagon Alley via Hogwarts Express and are given a return time of 3:30, what if Diagon Alley is packed at 3:30? Are you denied entrance? Will people who have been there for awhile be asked to leave?

It has been speculated that the HE will exit on the waterfront so you will not be in Diagon alley when you exit and on the other side it exits next to sinbad so you will not be inside Hogsmead either

The pass machines have been setup outside Sinbad for over a year now

At the time it was actually not because of money, but rather they realized the high chance of a guests glasses falling off.

That's something I wonder about Gringotts... I wonder if we'll have straps, or if the movements won't be jerky enough that glasses could fly off :shrug:

Only if parks are at capacity do I believe they will restrict access to the HE. As far as Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley, I don't think they ever have, or ever will, kick people out of the lands. They might just hold the people from coming in, even if they have return tickets. They just might give return-ticket holders priority once the space opens up.

You can thank this little invention for certain cutbacks. Mind you the budget would of been cut elsewhere so no big deal. Really can't complain too much with the final product. Not to mention the FJ is still my favorite dark ride.

0a7a51a5511495ec9a995dd4c967f808.jpg

Hmmm...still, moving staircases would have made for an awesome castle walkthrough

I'm extremely curious to see how they do the suits of armor that fall apart and put itself back together

That actually makes sense to me. Was kind of thinking that would be the most magical way to pull it off in a sense of not being mechanically reliable yet still convincing and full of impact on the guest.

Anyone who remembers the scene near the climax of the film Dead Silence may remember how this kind of illusion was displayed. Careful painting and layers of walls can make one seem to walk almost through them without the sense of depth between.

I wish they would upgrade FJ to 3D. If anything just to lose the blur which I absolutely hate.

The armor thing was a reference to TPI's article about the window displays in DA. I'm assuming this will be done via projection like the howler and snitch in Hogsmeade.

Anyone have any theories as to what happens after the thief's downfall. For instance in the movie they fall out of the vehicle. Apparently the rumor is that the track will drop. Sounds amazing. Im just wondering how that will be done as far as the story. We fall, land back on the track, and keep going? Any theories?

That sounds like Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The roller-coaster has a portion where the car locks into a drop ride mechanism, similar to the Tower of Terror.

Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_BSoVAjGrk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.