General Reality TV Thread | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Y’all for real, watch Sequester. If you guys stuck with Big Brother these last few years then oh, you’ll be BEYOND entertained with this. Similiar format to BB/Survivor except I’d say highly more strategic. Every round is a new twist, all players are die hard Super fans of these shows and alpha players so everyone plays balls to the wall, and it’s created by BB17’s Audrey.

While I’d still say Season 2 is the best, the production quality is low as it’s just starting out. Not this season though, we’re def at BB quality production value imo (Espeically for a self produced show).

Serously, if you get a kick out of those shows, I could NOT possibly give this a stronger recommendation. I’m out on BB as noted for the most part and this has successfully taken its place. How does BB not cast these kind of players?

Idk, anyways, WATCH!!

Y’all for real, watch Sequester. If you guys stuck with Big Brother these last few years then oh, you’ll be BEYOND entertained with this. Similiar format to BB/Survivor except I’d say highly more strategic. Every round is a new twist, all players are die hard Super fans of these shows and alpha players so everyone plays balls to the wall, and it’s created by BB17’s Audrey.

While I’d still say Season 2 is the best, the production quality is low as it’s just starting out. Not this season though, we’re def at BB quality production value imo (Espeically for a self produced show).

Serously, if you get a kick out of those shows, I could NOT possibly give this a stronger recommendation. I’m out on BB as noted for the most part and this has successfully taken its place. How does BB not cast these kind of players?

Idk, anyways, WATCH!!

I watched the first 2 episodes, just haven't jumped back in yet. Might wait to binge it. I've been watching The Challenge this year for the first time in a bit. I like the teams aspects (and honestly, the fact that Johnny Bananas isn't there).

Semi-related, I went to my sister's basketball game this past week and Fessy was there. He's from Orlando and I guess he has a brother that goes to the school. You couldn't miss the guy, he's BUILT.

I watched the first 2 episodes, just haven't jumped back in yet. Might wait to binge it. I've been watching The Challenge this year for the first time in a bit. I like the teams aspects (and honestly, the fact that Johnny Bananas isn't there).

Semi-related, I went to my sister's basketball game this past week and Fessy was there. He's from Orlando and I guess he has a brother that goes to the school. You couldn't miss the guy, he's BUILT.
Ep.6 last night might be my favorite episode ever to be honest. The show is so fun and fast paced and I prefer the strategy talk over challenges, so I enjoy sequester more. I tried the first Ep of the Challenge for Natalie whos one of my favorite people in the reality TV world, and a beast. But yeah, Sequester I couldn’t possibly recommend mkre.

I’ve heard Fessy is a POS, but yeah he seems built and not like a dude I’d mess with haha, thahs cool you see him though!

We’ve been binging the old Challenges on CBS All-Access. It’s been fascinating watching the show mature and evolve.

We’ve been binging the old Challenges on CBS All-Access. It’s been fascinating watching the show mature and evolve.
I love that the show has been willing to evolve and that it does. It's funny, we're in a Big Brother thread (which I should honestly probably rename to a reality TV generic thread) and BB always says "expect the unexpected". Except it's really always the same. Big Brother has been unwilling to evolve in the way The Challenge has. Tbh, i'd love to see The Challenge move to CBS, but I know it can get a bit risque, and the show helps keep MTV afloat.

I love that the show has been willing to evolve and that it does. It's funny, we're in a Big Brother thread (which I should honestly probably rename to a reality TV generic thread) and BB always says "expect the unexpected". Except it's really always the same. Big Brother has been unwilling to evolve in the way The Challenge has. Tbh, i'd love to see The Challenge move to CBS, but I know it can get a bit risque, and the show helps keep MTV afloat.
They’re on the same streaming service (ir eventually will fully be in terms of The Challenge) so that should help.

Also yeah, maybe general Reality TV thread haha. I did re watch season 1 of The Mole recently, fun throwback show.

They’re on the same streaming service (ir eventually will fully be in terms of The Challenge) so that should help.

Also yeah, maybe general Reality TV thread haha. I did re watch season 1 of The Mole recently, fun throwback show.
I used to love The Mole. That's a reality show that i'd love to see rebooted.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I used to love The Mole. That's a reality show that i'd love to see rebooted.
I’ve never understood why it hasn’t been, especially now since Reality TV is one of the easier things to shoot, and streaming services will need some original content in that realm. It’d be great to see back, although without Anderson Cooper it’d be hard to imagine almost. Oddly, Wayne Brady comes to mind for me as a good host. Guy can do anything but I think he can sell the cheesy “seriousness” of The Mole but also do a nice job with the contestants when they interact.

Reactions: Nick
I’ve never understood why it hasn’t been, especially now since Reality TV is one of the easier things to shoot, and streaming services will need some original content in that realm. It’d be great to see back, although without Anderson Cooper it’d be hard to imagine almost. Oddly, Wayne Brady comes to mind for me as a good host. Guy can do anything but I think he can sell the cheesy “seriousness” of The Mole but also do a nice job with the contestants when they interact.
Have you seen The Circle on Netflix? It reminded me of The Mole in a weird way. Looking forward to Season 2.

Have you seen The Circle on Netflix? It reminded me of The Mole in a weird way. Looking forward to Season 2.
I haven’t, This may sound bad but I’m not on social media, so when I read the description that it’s basically a social media app social game (?) I felt uninterested. I wonder if I should give it a second chance just to have a show. Heck, I’m gonna try Tough as Nails lol but partially because of my love for Phil Keoghan.

I haven’t, This may sound bad but I’m not on social media, so when I read the description that it’s basically a social media app social game (?) I felt uninterested. I wonder if I should give it a second chance just to have a show. Heck, I’m gonna try Tough as Nails lol but partially because of my love for Phil Keoghan.
I never gave Tough as Nails a chance, but it didn't appeal to me at all. The Circle was interested because they were secluded from each other the whole show and only communicated via text. I wondered how they would make it interesting but I had fun with it. Especially since you can choose to be whoever you want, meaning if you want to be someone else, you can. You could even try and portray yourself as the opposite sex. It was all about believability (or basically how good you could lie and pretend to be someone you aren't).

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I never gave Tough as Nails a chance, but it didn't appeal to me at all. The Circle was interested because they were secluded from each other the whole show and only communicated via text. I wondered how they would make it interesting but I had fun with it. Especially since you can choose to be whoever you want, meaning if you want to be someone else, you can. You could even try and portray yourself as the opposite sex. It was all about believability (or basically how good you could lie and pretend to be someone you aren't).
Fair enough! I may try an episode, could be fun if people play hard.

The Challenge’s ability to consistently create game-changing but not breaking twists is one of the most amazing aspects of the show. Add in the fact it’s effectively a serialized reality competition, where knowing and understanding the politics and relationships of previous seasons is nearly essential to fully enjoying it, I think it’s best reality competition on TV.

As much as I love stuff like Survivor, Ink Master, and Top Chef, all of them are a touch long in the tooth with twists that are either complete wastes or absolute game-breakers.

Any of you guys watch The Circle on Netflix? I Just got done with Season 2 - I enjoy it enough, it's a fun little show. The Circle UK just got cancelled by Channel 4 in the UK, i'd love it if Netflix picked it up as that would be another English language version of the show to watch.

Any of you guys watch The Circle on Netflix? I Just got done with Season 2 - I enjoy it enough, it's a fun little show. The Circle UK just got cancelled by Channel 4 in the UK, i'd love it if Netflix picked it up as that would be another English language version of the show to watch.
I beleive Netflix did pick it up, I think I saw that somewhere.

If I don’t enjoy social media, will I roll my eyes at this show? I feel I should be trying it but for some reason it like just doesn’t peak my interest really.

If I don’t enjoy social media, will I roll my eyes at this show? I feel I should be trying it but for some reason it like just doesn’t peak my interest really.
They are isolated and playing as either themselves or a Catfish. They use a lot of hashtags and emojis. You may roll your eyes a bit (I do too sometimes) at their insane overuse of hashtags, but I find it an enjoyable enough show to put on when you're looking to just sort of relax and don't want to dive into scripted content and it can actually get pretty comedic at times.

The episodes are 45-60 mins though, so it's not a short show.

They are isolated and playing as either themselves or a Catfish. They use a lot of hashtags and emojis. You may roll your eyes a bit (I do too sometimes) at their insane overuse of hashtags, but I find it an enjoyable enough show to put on when you're looking to just sort of relax and don't want to dive into scripted content and it can actually get pretty comedic at times.

The episodes are 45-60 mins though, so it's not a short show.
I may try it, most shows I watch are that length so shouldn’t bother me. I’ve been watching a lot more sports lately and not paying attention to much TV but with Masked Singer being terrible this season I’m really desperate for some new content haha. I may go for it! Glad you mentioned it.