General Reality TV Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty much what i've been hearing from RHAP. I cancelled my All-Access already, but I have things have been heating up for the Civil War to begin possibly as soon as Thursday depending on who wins HOH. A lot of the guys are ready for Dani to go.
Ya, Dani I figured would be the first casualty. Going to possibly blow up Nicole's game I feel if true because I think Dani thinks, that Nicole is her #1 which I just don't see being the case. Im gonna catch up on the episodes today though. Is there a specific person we want to win HOH? I am tired of seeing the males win honestly and I just need a Day HOH in my lifetime

Ya, Dani I figured would be the first casualty. Going to possibly blow up Nicole's game I feel if true because I think Dani thinks, that Nicole is her #1 which I just don't see being the case. Im gonna catch up on the episodes today though. Is there a specific person we want to win HOH? I am tired of seeing the males win honestly and I just need a Day HOH in my lifetime
I sorta don't care? lol. Dani winning would be interesting because she wants to go at Tyler. I don't see any good options left at this point. I guess Day/Bay would be who i'd root for.

I sorta don't care? lol. Dani winning would be interesting because she wants to go at Tyler. I don't see any good options left at this point.
Thats very fair haha. I like Ian, but I don't see how he has a shot. Day as everyone knows is my fav but we all also know her gameplay, Tyler actually seems normal and genuine tbh so I don't mind him even if he's a bit boring. We could be doing worse, but god we could be doing sooooooo much better.

Thats very fair haha. I like Ian, but I don't see how he has a shot. Day as everyone knows is my fav but we all also know her gameplay, Tyler actually seems normal and genuine tbh so I don't mind him even if he's a bit boring. We could be doing worse, but god we could be doing sooooooo much better.
Tbh, I still think we should keep expectations relatively low. It's possible we get something like David and Kevin noms with the wrong HOH win and then we have another boring week. Although there's a lot of want to get rid of Ian in the house as well. They really want to chop off all of Nicole's legs.

Tbh, I still think we should keep expectations relatively low. It's possible we get something like David and Kevin noms with the wrong HOH win and then we have another boring week. Although there's a lot of want to get rid of Ian in the house as well. They really want to chop off all of Nicole's legs.
Oh my expectations are low lol, I'm not expecting "excitement" really tbh. David I'm fine with losing at this point though. Ugh, we shall see lol. Big Brother Canada in March everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: Tbad556
Oh my expectations are low lol, I'm not expecting "excitement" really tbh. David I'm fine with losing at this point though. Ugh, we shall see lol. Big Brother Canada in March everyone!
I miss the days where everyone wasn't trying to be an influencer from Big Brother. Social Media has made people want to protect their images to be squeaky clean and Disney-like - which is super disappointing in an all-returnee season. Tyler said on the feeds that Old-school BB was boring and i'm like, have you even watched old-school BB versus this crap? Ugh.

Reactions: Tbad556
I miss the days where everyone wasn't trying to be an influencer from Big Brother. Social Media has made people want to protect their images to be squeaky clean and Disney-like - which is super disappointing in an all-returnee season. Tyler said on the feeds that Old-school BB was boring and i'm like, have you even watched old-school BB versus this crap? Ugh.
I think that Tyler convo was to the new schoolers, so idk what he was supposed to say. Tyler is also just such a far better player than anyone else there that I'm okay with whatever he says cause its likely real lol.

But yep, Frankie Grande ruined the show. Everyone who comes on now is looking for the same thing and don't care one bit about the game. People just want to make jury, get followers, and maybe return someday or go on another show. I think they need to make the prize $1 mil, its the only way I see them getting stronger contestants. Ultimately nothing will change unless ratings are down.

I think that Tyler convo was to the new schoolers, so idk what he was supposed to say. Tyler is also just such a far better player than anyone else there that I'm okay with whatever he says cause its likely real lol.

But yep, Frankie Grande ruined the show. Everyone who comes on now is looking for the same thing and don't care one bit about the game. People just want to make jury, get followers, and maybe return someday or go on another show. I think they need to make the prize $1 mil, its the only way I see them getting stronger contestants. Ultimately nothing will change unless ratings are down.
They could also change it so that they pay contestants a flat amount upfront. That way, there's no stipend they are earning while in the house, meaning they aren't as worried about making bigger moves. A lot of players these days just want to get to jury because the stipend increases once you hit jury. They aren't playing for anything but longevity in the house. Also, tell the houseguests when there won't be a battleback. They are planning evictions around things that aren't happening right now and it's so frustrating.

Maybe that wouldn't work, but I feel like not having any money on the mind but the $500k and knowing you already got paid upfront would make players feel more free to do something more entertaining. Although I think we may be too far gone at this point. By next year's season, we'll be 7 seasons, an OTT season and 2 Celebrity seasons removed from BB16 which is when I think the show not only became more about influencers with Frankie and Nicole, but a bit more wacky with the costumes and stuff. Plus franky walking around the house with glitter all the time, etc.

They could also change it so that they pay contestants a flat amount upfront. That way, there's no stipend they are earning while in the house, meaning they aren't as worried about making bigger moves. A lot of players these days just want to get to jury because the stipend increases once you hit jury. They aren't playing for anything but longevity in the house. Also, tell the houseguests when there won't be a battleback. They are planning evictions around things that aren't happening right now and it's so frustrating.

Maybe that wouldn't work, but I feel like not having any money on the mind but the $500k and knowing you already got paid upfront would make players feel more free to do something more entertaining. Although I think we may be too far gone at this point. By next year's season, we'll be 7 seasons, an OTT season and 2 Celebrity seasons removed from BB16 which is when I think the show not only became more about influencers with Frankie and Nicole, but a bit more wacky with the costumes and stuff. Plus franky walking around the house with glitter all the time, etc.
Idk if that works cause Keesha showed up for 40k and didn't give a F#$&. So I'm not sure, I think the reason survivor works so well is that people really want the Mil. 2nd place is 100k, 3rd is 90k. Everything else is like at least 15k lower, so for Survivor, making the final 3 is a BIG deal. Where for Big Brother, while the difference between 50k and 500K is a lot, idk these players become influencers and make 50K outside the house, so, unless they truly believe they will and can win the 500K they begin to care a bit less.

Agreed, BB16 was a major shift. More scripted DRs, silly costumes as you said, useless and poorly made twists that HURT the gameplay, longer seasons, and as you said, more influencers. I genuinely believe right now the issue is casting. Big Brother Canada for the most part simply does not have this issue constantly like we do. I understand they really only have 7 full seasons but only 1 of those ended up like a BBUS one (majority alliance dominances BS). Idk, cast better. Survivor has had 40 seasons and while I don't care for the direction the show is going in terms of twists, the game is certainly not broken because they case players who are there to PLAY. If anything Survivor needs to simplify things and let these people just play. Where Big Brother feels like the opposite, add MORE twists please and get these people thinking. The game is too long, they need something to speed things up.

Idk if that works cause Keesha showed up for 40k and didn't give a F#$&. So I'm not sure, I think the reason survivor works so well is that people really want the Mil. 2nd place is 100k, 3rd is 90k. Everything else is like at least 15k lower, so for Survivor, making the final 3 is a BIG deal. Where for Big Brother, while the difference between 50k and 500K is a lot, idk these players become influencers and make 50K outside the house, so, unless they truly believe they will and can win the 500K they begin to care a bit less.

Agreed, BB16 was a major shift. More scripted DRs, silly costumes as you said, useless and poorly made twists that HURT the gameplay, longer seasons, and as you said, more influencers. I genuinely believe right now the issue is casting. Big Brother Canada for the most part simply does not have this issue constantly like we do. I understand they really only have 7 full seasons but only 1 of those ended up like a BBUS one (majority alliance dominances BS). Idk, cast better. Survivor has had 40 seasons and while I don't care for the direction the show is going in terms of twists, the game is certainly not broken because they case players who are there to PLAY. If anything Survivor needs to simplify things and let these people just play. Where Big Brother feels like the opposite, add MORE twists please and get these people thinking. The game is too long, they need something to speed things up.
I genuinely wish that they would just NOT show them any seasons of the game while in sequester. Because they're only going to show them recent seasons, all of which have gone with the big alliance strategy. If players watch that, it's common sense to see they need to duplicate that formula. I want newbies with a desire just to play. No taking inspiration from prior seasons, etc. But if an old school vs. new school type of a season couldn't change this dynamic, I have very little faith anything will change unless Big Brother actually adapts.

Think of Big Brother as a sport. All sports start out small and grow over time as the players get better. It seems like the players have found the "cheat code" to just steamrolling the house now because Big brother stopped evolving. The players have fully evolved and the game has stopped. In sports, when players catch up or sort of take advantage of certain rules, often you see rule changes. I think Big Brother needs some sort of shake up. If these large alliances are going to exist, at least give the little guys a fighting chance. Have a hidden veto somewhere in the house (similar to a hidden immunity idol). Keep the players occupied with trying to figure out how to unlock certain rooms for powers (the telephone booth a few seasons ago was a good example of this). And Lastly, make the veto comps equal to everyone. Bring back the who wants it more type comps. The pressure cooker types of comps or them taking punishments. There's too many chance comps currently.

I genuinely wish that they would just NOT show them any seasons of the game while in sequester. Because they're only going to show them recent seasons, all of which have gone with the big alliance strategy. If players watch that, it's common sense to see they need to duplicate that formula. I want newbies with a desire just to play. No taking inspiration from prior seasons, etc. But if an old school vs. new school type of a season couldn't change this dynamic, I have very little faith anything will change unless Big Brother actually adapts.

Think of Big Brother as a sport. All sports start out small and grow over time as the players get better. It seems like the players have found the "cheat code" to just steamrolling the house now because Big brother stopped evolving. The players have fully evolved and the game has stopped. In sports, when players catch up or sort of take advantage of certain rules, often you see rule changes. I think Big Brother needs some sort of shake up. If these large alliances are going to exist, at least give the little guys a fighting chance. Have a hidden veto somewhere in the house (similar to a hidden immunity idol). Keep the players occupied with trying to figure out how to unlock certain rooms for powers (the telephone booth a few seasons ago was a good example of this). And Lastly, make the veto comps equal to everyone. Bring back the who wants it more type comps. The pressure cooker types of comps or them taking punishments. There's too many chance comps currently.
Yep, I’m with you on everything you just said! A hidden veto is almost too close to Survivor but they need that, or something that could shake up the live show. They need something, SOMETHING!!! More twists for sure, idk if you’ve ever seen Sequester but they have some really unique voting twists that could work well in a week long big brother format. They gotta do something at this point. I’ve been “done” with BB before (haven’t we all?) and I’m getting those feelings again but really, it’s feeling almost broken a bit. I wonder if just having a shorter season and saving these first 4 weeks of the game helps.

Yep, I’m with you on everything you just said! A hidden veto is almost too close to Survivor but they need that, or something that could shake up the live show. They need something, SOMETHING!!! More twists for sure, idk if you’ve ever seen Sequester but they have some really unique voting twists that could work well in a week long big brother format. They gotta do something at this point. I’ve been “done” with BB before (haven’t we all?) and I’m getting those feelings again but really, it’s feeling almost broken a bit. I wonder if just having a shorter season and saving these first 4 weeks of the game helps.
The season definitely needs to be shorter, now what i'm conflicted on is number of houseguests. Would it be better to go down to 12 and hope gameplay changes with a faster season, or would stuffing 16 people in a 65 day season be interesting as you could theoretically have what, 3-4 double evictions? That's guaranteed to make the show a little extra interesting no matter what.

I just want them to try something new. It's not like this show is has much integrity to it anyway, so at least give us some good TV!

Last edited:
The season definitely needs to be shorter, now what i'm conflicted on is number of houseguests. Would it be better to go down to 12 and hope gameplay changes with a faster season, or would stuffing 16 people in a 65 day season be interesting as you could theoretically have what, 3-4 double evictions? That's guaranteed to make the show a little extra interesting no matter what.

I just want them to try something new. It's not like this show is has much integrity to it anyway, so at least give us tome good TV!
I think 16 with 3 doubles, 1 pre jury and 2 post is ideal and could work. Gives them more chances for good players/characters hahaha

Reactions: Nick
There's been some slight traction amongst old houseguests that they want a shorter, legends only season. I'd kill for this.

Danielle & Jun's confirmation of interest:

Dani Reyes, Jason Guy, and Janelle all said on The Secret Alliance podcast that they would return for a shortened Legends season

From what I've read, Dan & Derrick both said in interviews with the RHAP podcast that they would return for shortened seasons as well. Rachel would definitely be down seeing as the only reason she's not there this year is because she was pregnant. I've seen word that Britney said she's be interested, but no source for that one.

There's been some slight traction amongst old houseguests that they want a shorter, legends only season. I'd kill for this.

Danielle & Jun's confirmation of interest:

Dani Reyes, Jason Guy, and Janelle all said on The Secret Alliance podcast that they would return for a shortened Legends season

From what I've read, Dan & Derrick both said in interviews with the RHAP podcast that they would return for shortened seasons as well. Rachel would definitely be down seeing as the only reason she's not there this year is because she was pregnant. I've seen word that Britney said she's be interested, but no source for that one.

I think this is the only way players like Dan or Derrick would come back, too. I think - depending on prize money and how much they pay people up front - they could probably even get Dr. Will (and Mike Boogie) again as well. Add in players like Tyler, Ian, Paul, Vanessa, Evel Dick, Rachel Reilly, Janelle and we'd have ourselves a nice mix of new and old with only the best of all eras.

I think this is the only way players like Dan or Derrick would come back, too. I think - depending on prize money and how much they pay people up front - they could probably even get Dr. Will (and Mike Boogie) again as well. Add in players like Tyler, Ian, Paul, Vanessa, Evel Dick, Rachel Reilly, Janelle and we'd have ourselves a nice mix of new and old with only the best of all eras.

Agreed. I know Reddit keeps claiming the Will has said in the past that this was the only way he'd come back, but no one has produced a source yet. No chance he'd come back if Boogie was in the house though (not even sure if it's legally allowed with the restraining order). Janelle mentioned Vanessa as someone who should be involved, so I think that would be a safe bet for a modern legend. I feel like Dick would want to get another shot after BB13. I can't see Ian ever passing up on BB. Etc.

I'd love to see this happen. I do wonder if they can actually build enough steam to make it work.

Agreed. I know Reddit keeps claiming the Will has said in the past that this was the only way he'd come back, but no one has produced a source yet. No chance he'd come back if Boogie was in the house though (not even sure if it's legally allowed with the restraining order). Janelle mentioned Vanessa as someone who should be involved, so I think that would be a safe bet for a modern legend. I feel like Dick would want to get another shot after BB13. I can't see Ian ever passing up on BB. Etc.

I'd love to see this happen. I do wonder if they can actually build enough steam to make it work.
Yeah, I did hear that Boogie was in a bad place right now, although I hadn't heard about a restraining order. With this all in mind though, I almost wish we didn't get All-Stars now that we know what we got and that we would've had this shortened version. Or that we just would've got a regular season of BB and that we would get a Legends season in January when they have done Celebrity BB.

Based on this season though, I almost feel like you might have to include Cody and/or Enzo. Enzo has been incredibly entertaining and he's also been the only older BB player to adapt to the way the game is played now.

Yeah, I did hear that Boogie was in a bad place right now, although I hadn't heard about a restraining order. With this all in mind though, I almost wish we didn't get All-Stars now that we know what we got and that we would've had this shortened version. Or that we just would've got a regular season of BB and that we would get a Legends season in January when they have done Celebrity BB.

Based on this season though, I almost feel like you might have to include Cody and/or Enzo. Enzo has been incredibly entertaining and he's also been the only older BB player to adapt to the way the game is played now.
Yeah, the Boogie stuff is messy. He threatened Will & his kids iirc. I feel the same way in regards to this season though. It doesn't hold a flame to a real All Stars season.

Also, I'm taking this as Will being up for the idea :lol:

Yeah, the Boogie stuff is messy. He threatened Will & his kids iirc. I feel the same way in regards to this seasons though. It doesn't hold a flame to a real All Stars season.

Also, I'm taking this as Will being up for the idea :lol:

And if anything, you know this man wouldn’t let these guys play this wimpy “go with the house” strategy. He would definitely try to make it entertaining. Don’t get my hopes up :lol:

CBS surely has to see that there’s an opportunity though with pretty much the only “legend” on this season being Janelle (and maybe Tyler?). There’s so many great players they could do a shortened season with. Hopefully CBS hears this chatter and sees the empty slate they may have in the spring.... just sayin’...

So Tyler wants to go home and is trying to Talk xmas into using the Veto to put him on the block and send him home. I'm not sure how real this is though. Even if HE is being real (which I he seems to be), I don't think his allies will so easily vote him out without a fight. Of course, Day and Bay have outed him to Dani and Nicole about him wanting to come after them.

This would also screw over Christmas' game by getting rid of Tyler, so I think there's a chance this goes in the complete opposite direction and Christmas uses the Veto, but puts Dani up instead. Remember, Tyler didn't want to play at all this season to begin with, Angela had to convince him. I think with this being the last week before jury, he's just getting anxious and doesn't want to go out next week or something and then have to be sequestered for over a month. Ian is having similar thoughts of wanting to go home. The DR apparently had to talk him into staying the other night.