Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HHN Hollywood upgrading from tents into proper warehouses?

YES. PLEASE.
This seems a bit far fetched, but I’d love if they added a little bit of place making/theming around the permanent structures. Nothing crazy, but things like permanent queue areas, permanent lighting structures, and maybe some light shrubbery could go a long way.

I saw other replies talking about how Terrifier would be an awesome house. I think it could be an awesome house, although I also agree with other posters that it could be a huge issue considering that the film is so gory that it could be incredibly hard to replicate for a larger audience and they have to repeatedly use fake blood over and over again. I am not saying that Murdy can't pull it off, but like I said it can cause a lot of issues.

Holy hell. I'm so hyped for WHATEVER this is...

Clown Frightfest GIF by Signature Entertainment

Sorta makes sense lol

i wonder if it is an IP that is meant more for the LA market than to be a shared—as it seemed to indicate with comments that Murdy was seemingly not in a sharing mood for it.

Maybe it’s an out there IP? Something that would not make immediate sense for HHN.

An older title maybe? There isn't much I can find coming up that would fit this, unless Nosferatu is more messed up than we think (very possible!).

It ain’t Terrifier
Agreed, something I think folks need to realize is what constitutes as dark, disturbing and scary to someone is completely subjective.

What freaks someone out might not be the same as others, case in point while clowns can be downright terrifying for some, they're absolutely tame to everyone else. Now clearly, whatever treatment John Murdy was working on definitely disturbed him. But question is, what does he find disturbing? Horror is very much a broad genre, and it comes in many different forms. And as I've discovered time and time again, you don't need to be gory to be absolutely screwed up and/or downright scary.

Wondering if it's a musician house. There's been a few Hollywood exclusive music houses and I'm really struggling to think of a film or TV IP that's both disturbing enough to match Murdy's description while also being small enough not to be shared.

Agreed, something I think folks need to realize is what constitutes as dark, disturbing and scary to someone is completely subjective.

What freaks someone out might not be the same as others, case in point while clowns can be downright terrifying for some, they're absolutely tame to everyone else. Now clearly, whatever treatment John Murdy was working on definitely disturbed him. But question is, what does he find disturbing? Horror is very much a broad genre, and it comes in many different forms. And as I've discovered time and time again, you don't need to be gory to be absolutely screwed up and/or downright scary.

Honestly, this may not necessarily as hard as we may think. We really have a limited number of IPs left, plus Murdy's no-go stuff is actually pretty well documented, so we could probably narrow it down. For instance, we know he removed the deceased children from the latest incarnation of La Llorona, so I would expect that to be something he would consider to be dark material, but not something he would include, which would eliminate a few IPs.

If I didn't think it was off-limits, Hellraiser would fit the bill. Maybe the director's cut of Event Horizon. (...*sigh* If only...)

• Haha
Reactions: saint.piss
Shame on me for not checking my memory. It was a half truth. Where I recall him talking about removing them could have been Midsummer Scream but I cannot provide an accurate source so I'll take the L.

Dead children in the subject IP are still on the table (yay?).

Screenshot_20231221_023404_X.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.