Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a woman who’s seen every installment of the Terrifier franchise (including All Hallows Eve) there is a very, very big difference in the way Art kills women vs. the way he kills men.

Generally speaking I think maybe a question we should all ask ourselves is: do you think a naked woman strung upside down then being sawed in half crotch first is something you would see in a family theme park destination Halloween event?? I genuinely think the answer would be no.
And then there's the second film where a woman is maimed beyond belief, those two kills are easily the most notable in the series and the ones most associated with it. I just don't see the event replicating them for obvious reasons. And if you're doing a house where you can't even include the biggest kills, it feels like quite a waste, doesn't it?

Personally, on top of the other issues, I wouldn't want a Terrifier house since it would most likely be a bunch of victim scenes and those houses are just boring to me.

We are talking about the same HHN that didn’t use the full name of the strip club from “From Dusk til Dawn” in 2014…
While I find this to be a hilariously apt response, I feel like this is bending the topic.

Anything involving, sex, nudity, or even language definitely gets censored, cut, silenced or pulled away. Violence? I literally can't think of anything that has been pulled for being "too violent." The only one that I can think of is the turkey person in Holidayz in Hell and I guarantee that's only because it crossed the line into a sexual boundary.

Now I haven’t seen the Terrifier movies, but all I will say is this: When HHN does excessively gory and gritty IPs such as Saw and HoTC, and even Hostel for Hollywood, I don’t see how this should be anymore of an issue. For better or for worse, I don’t see the masses deciding not to attend HHN this year because they’re doing a Terrifier house. If anything, I think it would be marketable for the GP because “Oooohh! Scary clown maze!” Even if there were people that were big fans of the event won’t would be literally irked that they would do this IP, I think those people would just chose to skip it.

The only “real” issue I could see this causing if some other IP holders would be irked that HHN is doing a Terrifier house. For example, if they were going to work with WB to do Gremlins this year, (Again, just an example) maybe one of the rights holders would say “Whoa hold up, I don’t want to be in an event where you’re doing Terrifier!” Other than that, I don’t think people are going to not go to HHN because there’s a murderous clown who especially doesn’t like women but kills everyone else as well. Like come on…it’s a horror event. It’s a psycho killer clown. Of course we don’t like what he does but we “celebrate it” anyway with other killer characters.

As a woman who’s seen every installment of the Terrifier franchise (including All Hallows Eve) there is a very, very big difference in the way Art kills women vs. the way he kills men.

Generally speaking I think maybe a question we should all ask ourselves is: do you think a naked woman strung upside down then being sawed in half crotch first is something you would see in a family theme park destination Halloween event?? I genuinely think the answer would be no.
I think you would be shocked what HHN Hollywood did in 2011 with Hostel. They had the Ms. Bathory scene almost uncensored in that house. They literally showed her full top half. Like I said, though it was a different age back then and the event, especially in Hollywood, was more gritty and underground, I don’t see how this should be any different from what they’ve done in the past.

Now I haven’t seen the Terrifier movies, but all I will say is this: When HHN does excessively gory and gritty IPs such as Saw and HoTC, and even Hostel for Hollywood, I don’t see how this should be anymore of an issue. For better or for worse, I don’t see the masses deciding not to attend HHN this year because they’re doing a Terrifier house. If anything, I think it would be marketable for the GP because “Oooohh! Scary clown maze!” Even if there were people that were big fans of the event won’t would be literally irked that they would do this IP, I think those people would just chose to skip it.

The only “real” issue I could see this causing if some other IP holders would be irked that HHN is doing a Terrifier house. For example, if they were going to work with WB to do Gremlins this year, (Again, just an example) maybe one of the rights holders would say “Whoa hold up, I don’t want to be in an event where you’re doing Terrifier!” Other than that, I don’t think people are going to not go to HHN because there’s a murderous clown who especially doesn’t like women but kills everyone else as well. Like come on…it’s a horror event. It’s a psycho killer clown. Of course we don’t like what he does but we “celebrate it” anyway with other killer characters.

I think you would be shocked what HHN Hollywood did in 2011 with Hostel. They had the Ms. Bathory scene almost uncensored in that house. They literally showed her full top half. Like I said, though it was a different age back then and the event, especially in Hollywood, was more gritty and underground, I don’t see how this should be any different from what they’ve done in the past.

I will say I think the Horror Nights of 2007-2010 would have considered doing Terrifier.

I think inclusion in a world renowned theme park’s Halloween event and having a team that can help enforce that isn’t hilarious but instead a good thing we should all embrace. Getting stuck in their ways culturally could prove very detrimental in the long run, it’s important that they do this.
Are you offended by the gore scenes in the Terrifier franchise?
Seriously? You can't think of one bit of violence in the first Terrifier that may be in poor taste and far beyond what's typical of slasher kills involving women?

No one's saying Terrifier can't exist. We're suggesting that its profane edges make it unsuitable for Horror Nights (and arguably a mass audience), which some of you seem to having a difficult time wrapping your heads around.
I don’t have any issues with the kill scenes both movies! The iconic scenes both feature women which I think is dope. I’m a fan of Terrifier and Saw and I’m standing on it!

You are absolutely entitled to disagree but my disagreement comes from a false narrative being created that it’s aimed towards women when there are gore scenes that involve men and no one is complaining about it. I refuse to pick and choose when it’s appropriate to have a women gore scene.

When HHN does excessively gory and gritty IPs such as Saw and HoTC, and even Hostel for Hollywood, I don’t see how this should be anymore of an issue.
Those three properties were all able to land at Lionsgate. Terrifier is unable to get a major studio's backing and do what the creator wants. There's a line quite literally drawn by the studios. Seems like a clear sign of it being more of an issue than the others imo /shrug.

I'm genuinely not even speaking to the quality of the films. I've never watched them. I just think the creator's own words speak for themselves for situations like this.

Last edited:
Are you offended by the gore scenes in the Terrifier franchise?

I find them gratuitous, veering into a niche targeted demographic consisting mostly of white, American men and boys that feel slighted by women and girls for simply existing in a way that’s not on their own terms. It’s unapologetically a franchise for edgelords, and clearly there is an audience that enjoys it. But, realistically, does that audience transfer comfortably to a family vacation destination’s Halloween event? Personally, I don’t see it.

I just don’t see how in today’s world, with an emphasis on inclusion, they’d risk the backlash that such a niche film could cause.

For the sake of argument, here are all the kills in written form from a Wiki. I have removed character names for the sake of spoilers, but if you wish to remain completely unspoiled, obviously don't read. Fully aware there are more films featuring Art the Clown, but for the sake of discussion, here are just the two Terrifier films:

TERRIFIER 1:
    • Decapitated, head turned into jack-o'-lantern - 17 mins in
    • Fingers cut off, stabbed at least 10x in the head - 19 mins in
    • Hacksawed in half vertically from groin to head - 38 mins in
    • Shot at least 7x - 46 mins in
    • Scalped and skinned, bled to death - 57 mins in
    • Stabbed in head, decapitated w/ hacksaw - 1 hr 2 mins in
    • Head squashed by clown shoes stomp - 1 hr 12 mins in
    • Shot himself through the mouth - 1 hr 16 mins in
    [*]
TERRIFIER 2:
    • Choked, throat slit, eye plucked, head pulverized - 3 mins in
    • Spiked through skull with broken mop - 7 mins in
    • Riddled with bullets - 23 mins in
    • Set on fire - 24 mins in
    • Hand cut off and bled out - 24 mins in
    • Set on fire - 24 mins in
    • Ate broken glass - 25 mins in
    • Smashed with bottle, stabbed in eye, cleaved in head, decapitated - 49 mins in
    • (this one I had to find a long description lol) slash, scalp, dismember, and peel all of the skin from her body, leaving her a bloody parody of a human body. Her torture isn't complete, though, as Art heightens the suffering exponentially by pouring bleach and salt on and in the poor girl's significant wounds. As if that wasn't enough -- her mom discovers her, somehow still alive, as Art the Clown picks and plucks any last remaining slivers of skin from her now destroyed corpse.
    • Decapitated and used for Halloween festivities - 1 hr 12 mins in
    • Head blown off with gun - 1 hr 24 mins in
    • Stabbed in groin at least 10x, castrated and bled out - 1 hr 39 mins in
    • Face melted with acid, limbs and chest broken, heart eaten - 1 hr 44 mins in
    • Stabbed, throat repeatedly slit, decapitated - 2 hrs 8 mins in
    [*]
By description alone, I honestly can't say we haven't seen MOST of these things already. Heck, pretty sure we saw a good majority of them just this last year (except for the obvious). I will also state...I have not seen these films in full, nor do I ever intend to...I have seen moments just to see what the hoot is about, but even some things cross a line for me and this definitely does it -- so things could be way more extreme than they are labeled. But the case in point, if you told someone to go off and recreate all these images in a slasher maze, it'd seem fairly standard outside of one or two moments. However, as I mentioned, it's just the way the action is shown that I don't particularly enjoy and that I know is the controvery.

As for a naked woman being sawed in half, obviously, throw some clothes on her and/or switch genders -- I am fairly certain I have seen that before somewhere at some haunt in the last 5 years. That has been Leatherface and any other Texas Chainsaw rip off's bread and butter for many years.

And just so it is clear, I really...REALLY...........REALLY despise these films lmfao. But I do think a point needs to be made. And I make that point not in DEFENSE of the films, or even in defense of the films being AT THE EVENT, but just so we can all see it in clearly written form how normal that violence sounds comparatively to stuff we saw just this last year.

Um... you can't be serious? Say what you want about Terrifer but at least it's creator isn't a pedophile???

I'd like Jeepers Creepers as a house before Terrifier tbh.
If Victor Salva didn't get a single penny, was not allowed to attend the event, or have any type of gain whatsoever -- then I agree, The Creeper would be much cooler to see than Art the Clown.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Regardless of what side of the coin you stand on regarding Terrifier, it doesn't change the fact that the stigma exists outside of these forums. We can argue til we're all blue and it's not going to change the perception everywhere else.

What we DO know is that studios are balking on the third one due to the controversies around the violence, and Universal has had issues in the past with IP holders being apprehensive of sharing the spotlight with gorier properties. The film also isn't exactly a mega-blockbuster so they may not think the juice is worth the squeeze.

That doesn't mean it's not coming, I just see more tea leaves of it possibly not coming.

If Victor Salva didn't get a single penny, was not allowed to attend the event, or have any type of gain whatsoever -- then I agree, The Creeper would be much cooler to see than Art the Clown.
Salva doesn't own the rights anymore, which is a step in the right direction.

Even with all of those ideas you proposed, I would still understand why Universal wouldn't want to dabble with the IP. Trust me, I'd love to see the Creeper finally get some representation at a big Halloween event.

Reactions: chris.g
Salva doesn't own the rights anymore, which is a step in the right direction.

Even with all of those ideas you proposed, I would still understand why Universal wouldn't want to dabble with the IP. Trust me, I'd love to see the Creeper finally get some representation at a big Halloween event.
Yeah, that I totally get.

Now THIS is a CONTROVERSIAL topic lmao

I have seen moments just to see what the hoot is about, but even some things cross a line for me and this definitely does it -- so things could be way more extreme than they are labeled.

FWIW, they are. Art may kill more men, but it’s the way in which he kills women (and the length of the scenes, focusing on the agonizing torture more-so than men) that is controversial and seen widely as such. In All Hallows Eve, our introduction to Art, he carves the words b*tch, slut and c*nt all over the body of one of his victims that he mutilates by cutting her limbs & breasts off, something he’s done more than once in that franchise

I love horror movies, always have, always will, and I know they’ve rarely ever been kind to my gender, but in terms of what could realistically be seen at HHN in the future due to how gratuitously violent those films are particularly towards women, I don’t think Terrifier is something genuinely on the table for an event that’s trying to be more inclusive.

I didn’t know Art The Clown was considered so offensive. With that said, I really want the IP to come just for pure chaos. I remember ppl being outraged about Billie Eillish having a house but this would take chaos to the next level lmao.
Nah. If you really want to take the chaos to the next level, imagine if they did Scooby Doo and Breaking Bad and then Terrifier. I kinda want that to happen just to see the nuclear levels of chaos that would ensue on here. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.