Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would probably be M3gan with Night Swim instead of Imaginary (Lionsgate movie) but Night Swim presence could very well happen. Bonus points for the James Wan connection between those two movies.
Tbh now that I think about it, I hope it's Night Swim + Imaginary over Imaginary + M3GAN if Blumhouse comes back next year. M3GAN in my opinion would make a decent house but I rather them take on the more unique combo over forcing M3GAN in with Night Swim. Also both (Night Swim+Imaginary) of those movies have the same screenwriter so idk I feel those two would work better together

It was mentioned a few pages back, but even as this thread's self-designated Scream fanatic that constantly asks about it -- if it means working with Spyglass, I don't want it. And that's just as of right now, without an official public apology to Melissa Barrera, them sitting in a room to have an actual discussion, and giving her her job back IF SHE WANTS IT. Same goes with Thanksgiving. Some things are bigger than our favorite movies and mazes being made. Until then, straight up boycotting all things Spyglass.

As for Fear Street, I don't see that happening. I feel like for three whole movies to come out and be long forgotten about at this point, is pretty terrible. I never see them being talked about on Reddit or anywhere.

Megan I am down for, just for the fun that will ensue. I'd prefer it in a Horrors of Blumhouse maze so we don't waste a whole maze on it though. We're also getting a Black Phone sequel soon, so I am excited about the prospects of the Grabber being a mainstay at HHN.

It was mentioned a few pages back, but even as this thread's self-designated Scream fanatic that constantly asks about it -- if it means working with Spyglass, I don't want it. And that's just as of right now, without an official public apology to Melissa Barrera, them sitting in a room to have an actual discussion, and giving her her job back IF SHE WANTS IT. Same goes with Thanksgiving. Some things are bigger than our favorite movies and mazes being made. Until then, straight up boycotting all things Spyglass.
Respect to that.

As for Fear Street, I don't see that happening. I feel like for three whole movies to come out and be long forgotten about at this point, is pretty terrible. I never see them being talked about on Reddit or anywhere.
That's the Netflix Magic, baby.

Thanksgiving 2 just got the green light with Eli Roth attached to return, who has said/reposted some truly vile things in the last couple of weeks way worse than the level of Melissa Barrera. If that doesn’t say where Spyglass stands, then I don’t know what does. Keeping this on spec though, I’m hoping Murdy has the sense to stay away from this whole debacle for awhile. Literally so many great IPs to choose from still left untouched that fans have been dying for.

Thinking in the terms of Blumhouse--the only IP I think really makes sense is FNAF. There isn't much you can do with the release slate that Blumhouse has (especially with Imaginary being Lionsgate) and of the limited nature that Night Swim seemingly will have.

Also think it'd make more sense to hold off on a Horrors of Blumhouse type house until 2025, when you'll have M3GAN 2.0 and The Black Phone 2 out alongside The Exorcist: Deciever. That feels like a potent trio set for a house. FNAF makes sense as-well to be the sole standout when you consider the film's sequel is aiming to begin production as early as the beginning of 2024.

Meaning, if FNAF2 is 2024 bound, then they can position it similar to The Exorcist: Believer as partially a 'Preview' house, ontop of being based with the first film in mind.

Thinking in the terms of Blumhouse--the only IP I think really makes sense is FNAF. There isn't much you can do with the release slate that Blumhouse has (especially with Imaginary being Lionsgate) and of the limited nature that Night Swim seemingly will have.

Also think it'd make more sense to hold off on a Horrors of Blumhouse type house until 2025, when you'll have M3GAN 2.0 and The Black Phone 2 out alongside The Exorcist: Deciever. That feels like a potent trio set for a house. FNAF makes sense as-well to be the sole standout when you consider the film's sequel is aiming to begin production as early as the beginning of 2024.

Meaning, if FNAF2 is 2024 bound, then they can position it similar to The Exorcist: Believer as partially a 'Preview' house, ontop of being based with the first film in mind.
Yeah, I think Universal and Blumhouse would want FNAF to be the main focus at HHN next year. M3GAN, Night Swim, and Imaginary could easily be featured at the Behind The Screams Experience. If they were to hold off on Horrors of Blumhouse V4 until 2025, then I just see M3GAN 2.0 and Black Phone 2 being the featured IPs.

I dunno if FNAF 2 is 2024 bound. If so, it might be slated for November 2024. Universal could always just throw in a teaser room at the end of FNAF 1 and then move forward with a house based around FNAF 2 in 2025.

I do want to do this as I've been wanting to settle and do a Spec post more properly--here are a few thoughts I have. This is more in general and does include what I think might be the IPs--but this is pure rambling with deduction. And to keep it safe--limiting myself to three thoughts.

Ghostbusters = So I talked about this before on the HHN33 thread, and I will actually be bringing it up here. Ghostbusters is hitting the 40th Anniversary of the IP with the 2024 release of Frozen Empire. Ghostbusters is while not as large, still large enough to be a notable addition for the sake of merchandising and brand recognition. The franchise is climbing back up with the success of Afterlife--and it would make sense given the seemingly positive relationship with UDX and Sony Pictures; that Ghostbusters is properly featured here.

If not here--then I would think of someplace else...for another discussion.

The Weeknd = Since 2021, John Murdy and Abel Tesfaye have been more promimently and actively working together with that of After Hours Nightmare. And from what has been clear, it has been a relationship that has allowed Singapore to be able to work with The Weeknd's Abel Tesfaye, with John Murdy helping in the initial discussions before Singapore took it to shape as they can.

2024 is seemingly going to be the last "Major" year of The Weeknd as a character for Abel. The final album is well into production as of September, Abel has multiple tours lined up for Oceania, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. But ontop of that; Abel's producers have already hinted and gleaned that Abel is working on a North American 2024 Tour.

Additionally, outside of that--post production should be in full spring for the Schults directed film; which is rumored to have major connections to the album--and rumors of a horror tone with The Weeknd losing his voice in the film; and seemingly being kidnapped.

I genuinely think outside of FNAF (which has already been talked about more); The Weeknd is probably one of the few larger IP's that I genuinely think is absolutely coming into play for 2024. This comes with a tinge of bias, but this also comes with acknowledgement on how much is seemingly on the docket.

Paramount = So, why Paramount? This is a wider topic that I think owes a larger discussion, as we simply do not know the full means of what it can imply; but if you look at what UC is developing on for Universal Kids Frisco, it seems Paramount is back and has fully opened their doors to that of the parks to work with them.

Granted--we've had the connotation and thought that in the past things have been restrictive, but perhaps now with them working with Universal on being what seems to be a headliner for Frisco; that things could change in allowing them to also work with Universal for the sake of specialty events like HHN.

A Quiet Place and Friday The 13th come to mind immediately; due to both A Quiet Place: Day One and the respective Peacock/A24 series of Crystal Lake aiming to seemingly hit the service of Peacock in 2024. Both have core horror elements that could work well in it's favor; despite the scale differences of both. They've also been going at it over the course of the past 8 years; of having a core Slasher type experience present at HHN Hollywood, to where I wonder if Murdy might go at it for the Hockeyman (or for Texas due to the 50th from that).
__
Sorry for being wordy and wanting to post a long-post, but these three have been nagging my thoughts for a bit and I wanted to get it out.

i'm gonna be so real. the only reason i'd want the weeknd back after the way the "the idol" discourse brought some things about him to light is to be a crowd eater and one less thing i'd have to wait in line for.

i'm gonna be so real. the only reason i'd want the weeknd back after the way the "the idol" discourse brought some things about him to light is to be a crowd eater and one less thing i'd have to wait in line for.

I'm gonna be the one to say it but I'd actually argue The Idol was a fish floundering in a pond. It was a not good show that floundered and died quietly; with the only thing of note coming out being only a small bit of the music from it.

It's not the iceberg that sank Titanic in the terms of wrecking his public image. Even with the scathing piece by Rolling Stone (and honestly considering what the original show seemingly was going to be; I think he might've actually of gotten off luckier).

It was a lukewarm, to bad take of House of Balloons. And it came and went as fast as it did with only the music to come and give it some comfort.

Last edited:
Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
I'm gonna be the one to say it but I'd actually argue The Idol was a fish floundering in a pond. It was a not good show that floundered and died quietly; with the only thing of note coming out being only a small bit of the music from it.

It's not the iceberg that sank Titanic in the terms of wrecking his public image. Even with the scathing piece by Rolling Stone (and honestly considering what the original show seemingly was going to be; I think he might've actually of gotten off luckier).

It was a lukewarm, to bad take of House of Balloons. And it came and went as fast as it did with only the music to come and give it some comfort.
All I took away from the show is that the weekend gave me the ick a little with the tongue dancing that’s about it

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Please please please please. Would make for a perfect fit in TWD space....

If there was a year for it to come, I think it would be this year. It would fit the slasher slot that HHN likes to have every year.

Now I haven’t seen the movies (Will probably get on that soon), but from what I’ve seen from the trailers, it seems to me that it would be more of a Mummy venue house.

Reactions: TableYe
I am gonna be the resident Terrifier hater for Hollywood.

Terrifier invokes a sake of brutality and a sake of violence that breeds and fuels that of controversy. Some of the likes that we have not seen since that of Hostel in how far one persons vision would go.

Its violence also fuels controversy, and in doing so it might actually be a bit more problematic if Universal was wanting to do this. Regardless if it’d be a shared, or even an original.

There are other slashers that are not only safer, but more due for it. And I hope to god Terrifier doesn’t come (even if I don’t think it impossible for Hollywood).

I am gonna be the resident Terrifier hater for Hollywood.

Terrifier invokes a sake of brutality and a sake of violence that breeds and fuels that of controversy. Some of the likes that we have not seen since that of Hostel in how far one persons vision would go.

Its violence also fuels controversy, and in doing so it might actually be a bit more problematic if Universal was wanting to do this. Regardless if it’d be a shared, or even an original.

There are other slashers that are not only safer, but more due for it. And I hope to god Terrifier doesn’t come (even if I don’t think it impossible for Hollywood).
After reading this response…I really want the IP to come now lmao. This is the equivalent of GTA naysayers saying it affected the new generation with an influence of more crime lol
Please let Terrifier come! Bring on the chaos!

If there was a year for it to come, I think it would be this year. It would fit the slasher slot that HHN likes to have every year.

Now I haven’t seen the movies (Will probably get on that soon), but from what I’ve seen from the trailers, it seems to me that it would be more of a Mummy venue house.
The movie also isn’t more violent than house of 1000 corpses

This is the equivalent of GTA naysayers saying it affected the new generation with an influence of more crime lol
I don't think that's what @AlexanderMBush is saying, though. I think (and correct me if I'm wrong!) they're saying that because of its Whole Deal (a, uh, weird fixation on violence against women) it could create unneeded controversy around the event. And all that for a movie that I just don't think is anywhere near as popular as it's made out to be on this forum.
The movie also isn’t more violent than house of 1000 corpses
I'm not sure there's a great way to quantify violence, but I believe the issue is more the type of violence and who the violence is perpetrated against.

Personally, I think the movies are bad and I agree that they have major Eli Roth vibes (not a compliment!). I'd be surprised to see it show up at Horror Nights, but I have no inside information. We'll see!

As @Jake S and @Allison says--it feels like one of those IP's that would just flat out be a non-starter when you think of the DEI teams, and what feels like red flags.

I do see where some are trying to justify it. But I know a lot of people, some of which I consider as friends; not wanting Art. And to be honest if Terrifier even comes to HHN, it will be the first house I outright just skip due to the connotations that the IP brings; and the issues that feel too glaring to have it present.

Status
Not open for further replies.