Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love Seek And Destroy to be something like The Descent. One of my favorite movies and most wanted houses. While the movie is all about being trapped underground and claustrophobic, the idea of a "sightless" creature stalking you, searching to destroy you, would still be awesome in a wide open environment. Some kind of very smooth and featureless face with some kind of srimm that obsured the eyes yet allowed the scareactors to see through where they play like their blind, sniffing you out, listening for you, staring at nothing in a weird direction, just to suddenly turn and face you...then stalk you...then break into a run. Or just randomly go and attack a garbage can. Have some crazy SHRIEKS blasting in the zone. Maybe have some sniffing sounds and moans playing over speakers. I think something like that would be an awesome zone and kinda unsettling to see the people staring off in odd directions and looking at random things just to turn and run at someone.

The more I think about it the more Metallica makes sense. You lose Billie and look for something semi horror centric and you don’t get Bigger then Metallica. Sure there’s a lot of more horror like bands like Slipknot, or even Iron Maiden but the name Metallica alone will sell merch. Also if anybody is curious the trailer that @Legacy shared earlier when I mentioned what the zone could be like the film is on Netflix and was a fun watch!

The sources who inform the spec map have, in the past, only gotten conceptual information that isn’t specific. We have, also, explicitly requested some information not be specifically included on the map in order to protect sources or contracts (read - Ghostbusters).

Is S&D a Metallica street? Maybe. Maybe not.

But if you want Billie Eilish and can’t get her, all you can do is turn the page to something different.

I’d prefer it not be some generic apocalypse zone. But I know this year I can’t complain much.

First off, bringing this back up...

Well with the addition of VelociCoaster, they finally have a nice high point with the top hat to put up the tent to cover IoA. It's finally happening folks!
An while we're at it, Eddie's finally getting his chance to host!

I never specified what he'd be hosting, so I'm counting this as a bit of a win. ;)

Secondly,

Where’s the fun in answering that? Y’all wanted a speculation season… so speculate.

Just got back from work, so here goes.

If you look back at the past three HHN years (27-29), the official scare zones were Two IP's and Three Originals. With this year's line up, the 30 years, T.C. and Eddie zones are the originals, that leaves Shudder which most certainly is a IP, and Seek & Destroy. On top of that, if you look at the three originals, they all have a anniversary/throwback theme to them. 30 years is pretty self-explanatory, T.C. is focused on year 15 and Eddie is a Icon as well as throwback to Run. A&D takes a particular direction each year, so it's pretty clear what direction the original zones are going in...so if Seek & Destroy is an original, it's gotta' be tied into an anniversary/throwback. I honestly don't think they'd do a from-the-ground-up original zone this year, since it just doesn't make sense with the direction the original zones are taking. It would literally be the odd man out.

Also, "Seek & Destroy" ampersand and all is not that vague/generic of a name. You google that and the Metallica song is front and center, dominating the search results. It's very interesting they went with that name instead of the military term "Search and Destroy". Now if the zone was -that- name, that could be drawn to a Havoc scare zone. But they went with a name that's more directly linked to an IP which makes the situation all the more intriguing.

Ultimately, this can go either way, you have to expect the unexpected for this year. Yes, it's anniversary year. But this year feels...eccentric. It's not afraid to go in unexpected directions with the past it's celebrating, while also throwing in a few curveballs (TCM, especially if it's taking the rumored direction.) and some very twisted new things. In ways I'm not quite sure what to expect, but that makes it all the more exciting!

I never specified what he'd be hosting, so I'm counting this as a bit of a win. ;)

Secondly,

If you look back at the past three HHN years (27-29), the official scare zones were Two IP's and Three Originals. With this year's line up, the 30 years, T.C. and Eddie zones are the originals, that leaves Shudder which most certainly is a IP, and Seek & Destroy. On top of that, if you look at the three originals, they all have a anniversary/throwback theme to them. 30 years is pretty self-explanatory, T.C. is focused on year 15 and Eddie is a Icon as well as throwback to Run. A&D takes a particular direction each year, so it's pretty clear what direction the original zones are going in...so if Seek & Destroy is an original, it's gotta' be tied into an anniversary/throwback. I honestly don't think they'd do a from-the-ground-up original zone this year, since it just doesn't make sense with the direction the original zones are taking. It would literally be the odd man out.

Also, "Seek & Destroy" ampersand and all is not that vague/generic of a name. You google that and the Metallica song is front and center, dominating the search results. It's very interesting they went with that name instead of the military term "Search and Destroy". Now if the zone was -that- name, that could be drawn to a Havoc scare zone. But they went with a name that's more directly linked to an IP which makes the situation all the more intriguing.

Ultimately, this can go either way, you have to expect the unexpected for this year. Yes, it's anniversary year. But this year feels...eccentric. It's not afraid to go in unexpected directions with the past it's celebrating, while also throwing in a few curveballs (TCM, especially if it's taking the rumored direction.) and some very twisted new things. In ways I'm not quite sure what to expect, but that makes it all the more exciting!

What I wanted to see!

Metallica sucks after the Black album dudes.

I think Death Magnetic is criminally underrated.

Secondly,

Wait did I miss something about TCM?

Status
Not open for further replies.