Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallpaper… Wall… Wahl… Wahlberg…

Hello, my name is Reese, and welcome to my video essay where I explain why The Happening (2008) starring Mark Wahlberg will be HHN 31’s marquee house…
Old black water, keep on rollin' Mississippi moon, won't you keep on shinin' on me.

It's my understanding that multi-night tickets didn't go up until August last year - does anyone why that is? Isn't it usually June?

Kinda odd to me that they’re not selling single day Express out the gate (unless I missed something, which is entirely possible). I know for multi-day that’s normal and guessing it’ll just pop up later, just makes me a little anxious and staring at the RIP option much more than usual.

Kinda odd to me that they’re not selling single day Express out the gate (unless I missed something, which is entirely possible). I know for multi-day that’s normal and guessing it’ll just pop up later, just makes me a little anxious and staring at the RIP option much more than usual.

Unless the single day tickets are 2.5x as expensive as last year, single day express is coming. No way they'd turn away all that free money.

I usually wait to add express until the last minute at my hotel lobby ticket counter ... so as to judge if crowd size warrants it.

But seems like express last year wasn't a huge benefit? Am considering RIP tour for one night and regular ticket the other nights.

Hi all! In y'all's experience, how much of a difference does having express make? Like how much faster do you get through the lines with vs without?

Depends on the day of the week really. General rule of thumb is express cuts the wait times in half. So 60 minute posted wait time = 30 minutes with express.

Hi all! In y'all's experience, how much of a difference does having express make? Like how much faster do you get through the lines with vs without?

It depends on the ops for some houses in my experience. For example, I went about 10 nights last year and express for beetlejuice was horribly managed, one night I noticed a group who went into the regular line at the same time as me got through the merge first. On the other hand, I never waited more than 10 minutes for bride. Overall I would say it’s a great investment, but just know that there are some inconsistencies between houses and how fast you’ll get through. I haven’t gone without express since 25 and I can’t imagine going without it at this point.

You’ll never go back to standby again. It’s a true luxury.

Agreed. Although, I will say I didn’t get express last year and didn’t regret that decision. For whatever reason - maybe as a function of reduced travel - lines felt very manageable. I expect express will feel more necessary this year.

Also, what @amar831 said.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Agreed. Although, I will say I didn’t get express last year and didn’t regret that decision. For whatever reason - maybe as a function of reduced travel - lines felt very manageable. I expect express will feel more necessary this year.

Also, what @amar831 said.
I didn’t do express either last year and don’t regret it either. Last year was manageable without express and just good planning. I know this year that will not be the case at all.

Hey there! In my personal experience (2018, 2019 & 2021), Express is a very nice luxury to have. And for me a great benefit of Express is the ability to enjoy the event at your own leisure. With it, I'm able to hang around in the scare zones and enjoy the atmosphere, I'm able to take as many breaks as I want to try out the many food options that are in the park, I can take in a show or two, and still go through all the houses at least once. Also, because I can enjoy HHN at my leisure, I don't need to rely on Stay and Scream to catch everything. I can start my evening at one of the hotel bars or restaurants in Citywalk.

Now yes, it's perfectly possible to hit up all ten houses in one night without express. You pretty much need to take advantage of Stay and Scream and have a proper gameplan, and that gameplan can get a lot more stricter depending on what night you go. (An there's some nights later in the season where it's just better getting Express to see all the houses.) I know folks who're totally fine with a plan like that, though some prefer to take it easy and Express makes it very possible to do so.

Now for how much faster you can through than standby, it can depend on the ops. Generally, it's always felt like a significantly shorter wait than standby, though if the merge point isn't well handled, you end up with accounts from folks like @amar831 who waited as long as the standby if not longer. (Now that I think about it, BJ's merge wasn't always the best for me either.)

Overall, I'd recommend Express. I've gotten way more advantages with it over disadvantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.