Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, because I can enjoy HHN at my leisure, I don't need to rely on Stay and Scream to catch everything. I can start my evening at one of the hotel bars or restaurants in Citywalk.

Sorry to continue the topic drift, but there is something to be said for rolling up at dusk and being to walk into a house and not be night-blind. And at a certain point--definitely by October, when most of the normies are just beginning to think about Halloween--even the best gameplan is going to give you 2 hour waits at some point. I personally justify the cost by telling myself I'm not buying a flight or hotel. Not cheap, but makes the event so much more enjoyable.

I wonder if they’ll ever make a single house express (kinda like Genie+ at WDW), where you could pay say $20 to get into the express line for just *insert house here*.

Not for/against that idea, but feels like in-park “upgrades” are the trend now..

Looking at the Hollywood construction photos on UPNT:

One facade looks like a home you'd see on a sitcom, not an obvious IP to me. The other looks like a commercial building or historic structure.

Guessing these would be shared between both parks, as they're pretty elaborate constructions.

I don't think facade designs are shared across the parks. From my own experience working with Universal the design of the area is built around permits, access, and existing structures and would not translate well to being applied to another area easily. I'm not an engineer, I just build the stuff so I might be wrong.

One facade looks like a home you'd see on a sitcom, not an obvious IP to me. The other looks like a commercial building or historic structure.

Guessing these would be shared between both parks, as they're pretty elaborate constructions.
We had an elaborate facade for hill house while Hollywood had a giant canvas, so I don’t think it automatically means we will have something similar.

Side note, the more I think of a Weeknd house, the more I think it could translate really well from a practical standpoint

But also it could provide an opportunity for them to be a bit experimental with some of the scenes

After visiting the Neon Sign graveyard in Vegas, I've always wanted to see them adapt that into a house (Carnival Graveyard was close, but the Neon Sign Graveyard would be interesting)

Plus, I think the meme'd scene from the halftime show could actually be a pretty fun mirror and light gag room and very trippy

Ew8DJAwWUAERID_.jpg

Last edited:
Side note, the more I think of a Weeknd house, the more I think it could translate really well from a practical standpoint

But also it could provide an opportunity for them to be a bit experimental with some of the scenes

After visiting the Neon Sign graveyard in Vegas, I've always wanted to see them adapt that into a house (Carnival Graveyard was close, but the Neon Sign Graveyard would be interesting)

Plus, I think the meme'd scene from the halftime show could actually be a pretty fun mirror and light gag room and very trippy

View attachment 16117
Yeah I got a weird horrorish vibe from the halftime show that I liked. Gives them room to be creative, like Eilish could have been. Mirror idea would be great.

When it comes to shared IP's, the IP itself is pretty much the only thing they share. Both HW and Orlando have different budgets, design teams, contractors, locations etc. They both do it their own way.

FWIW, current speculation on the Hollywood side is that the house is Scarecrow: The Reaping and the historic structure is the museum of Egyptology from The Mummy (so UCM).

FWIW, current speculation on the Hollywood side is that the house is Scarecrow: The Reaping and the historic structure is the museum of Egyptology from The Mummy (so UCM).
My first year was 2001 and I feeel like there was a "The Mummy" house that year...This would be a fun throwback if a similar approach was taken in Orlando

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
Unless the single day tickets are 2.5x as expensive as last year, single day express is coming. No way they'd turn away all that free money.
Yeah, after I dug through my emails, we didn’t buy our tickets last year until June, and I know tickets were available for sale well before that. Panic averted!

Booked my flight for September. Someone please post when those AP hotel rates appear. :lol:
I know last year we got a steal on HRH, would not be upset if that were to happen again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmanet
I saw @pumpkinmanfilm on IG point this out, I don’t think its been shown on this forum but I found it really interesting! I’m sure it’s just a coincidence, but still fun to make connections!

Attachments

• B997F9F2-F3EE-40B8-ABC7-3FCACE03A24F.jpeg
    B997F9F2-F3EE-40B8-ABC7-3FCACE03A24F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
I saw @pumpkinmanfilm on IG point this out, I don’t think its been shown on this forum but I found it really interesting! I’m sure it’s just a coincidence, but still fun to make connections!
I mean...they've kind of used that font before

IMG_4285.jpg

Hey ive been thinking about getting Ultimate fear or frequent fear with express, on one hand i can go all nights. But i dont know how the lines are gonna be with the restrictions being lifted for foreigners. Whats the best bet for you guys?

Ultimate without express vs. Frequent fear with express

Status
Not open for further replies.