Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 278 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a 1920 carnival can offer something really unique for a clown original. They can explore some fun things in that environment - whether it be side-show animals, "freaks," vintage carnival structures, or even the smells of old carnivals. There is a potential with Oddfellow, even down to seeing Oddfellow's character design for the first time.
I saw a really cool idea that each house could be an 'exhibit' or attraction he's presenting at his carnival.

I mean... it still had insults towards guests involving murder, sex toys, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm not here to argue whether or not it was more or less tame, but it's not some "we can't make jokes nowadays" situation. That argument falls apart when you acknowledge that the show the house is based on is currently on the air with no problem.

And people are always going to have problems with vulgar content whether they're correct or not. It has and always will be like that. Like you guys mentioned earlier, people absolutely got offended by it back in 2008 as well.

Last edited:
They said that in 2018 too…
That is very true but they did tame it down a lot so if they did it again it would be even more tamed, so not worth it.
I mean... it still had insults towards guests involving murder, sex toys, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm not here to argue whether or not it was more or less tame, but it's not some "we can't make jokes nowadays" situation. That argument falls apart when you acknowledge that the show the house is based on is currently on the air with no problem.

And people are always going to have problems with vulgar content whether they're correct or not. It has and always will be like that. Like you guys mentioned earlier, people absolutely got offended by it back in 2008 as well.
I never saw it in 2008 but u heard it was wild. I wish I did see it. I’m glad I saw it in 2018 but it was very tame compared.

Personally, I think people who get offended usually comes from smaller crowds while the majority are used to it but at the time I sometimes get the feeling that the Universal parks lacks the South Park-esque “Let’s Offend Everyone” mentality in humor to play fair, which I felt that was sorta missing in Bill & Ted. Some have argued that the more you change, adjust and/or tone down in any ways, the more lifeless things are and the more difficulty to bring things to life.

Last edited:
Personally, I think people who get offended usually comes from smaller crowds while the majority are used to it but at the time I sometimes get the feeling that the Universal parks lacks the South Park-esque “Let’s Offend Everyone” mentality in humor to play fair, which I felt that was sorta missing in Bill & Ted. Some have argued that the more you change, adjust and/or tone down in any ways, the more lifeless things are and the more difficulty to bring things to life.
Um, no. A lot of people do.

Um, no. A lot of people do.

I would find to this to be believable if you know a lot of people in person if you ask them what they’re okay with and what not cause everyone has they’re own reality and views who don’t always buy everything on paper and online. In my experience at the event, I saw no one making complaints about in public. Maybe some kept it to themselves if they didn’t find to be funny, amusing, and captivate, but that’s about it what I saw.

I would think we see Jack getting killed by Oddfellow, if we are keeping track of the past lore (Jack killing the kids, him showing his work to Oddfellow, then resulting in Oddfellow killing Jack) above Jack killing Oddfellow. Especially as I could've sworn he doesn't kill Oddfellow until he is brought out of the box initially.
Adding onto that, they can add an outdoor scene (ala TCM 2016) with the van that transports his box after the TV crew finds it.

Like if this house is going to be set during the timeframe that I think it is--then there is no way you can logistically remove the core element where Jack and Oddfellow clashed in their youth/prime respectively.

If Jack learned what Oddfellow did, then I would imagine this house shows just how bad Oddfellow could be to lead of Jack wanting to do the things he did. How Oddfellow would behave and act accordingly.

In the original lore - Oddfellow is the selected pseudonym of a carnival owner who is already on the run from the authorities. It’s assumed he’s fleeing because of his connection to a carnival fire. When one of his employees (Jack) admits to killing (and implied diddling) kids, Oddfellow kills the employee to avoid getting the authorities involved.

The Cane of Souls element is a bit of a retcon and, arguably, the least interesting aspect of the Oddfellow character. The house would be better if it focuses on either the original disaster or subverting the story to a sort of “Case Files” house where we are investigating Oddfellow. A Jack scare is likely, but any narrative focus on him would be distracting and too easy.

In the original lore - Oddfellow is the selected pseudonym of a carnival owner who is already on the run from the authorities. It’s assumed he’s fleeing because of his connection to a carnival fire. When one of his employees (Jack) admits to killing (and implied diddling) kids, Oddfellow kills the employee to avoid getting the authorities involved.

The Cane of Souls element is a bit of a retcon and, arguably, the least interesting aspect of the Oddfellow character. The house would be better if it focuses on either the original disaster or subverting the story to a sort of “Case Files” house where we are investigating Oddfellow. A Jack scare is likely, but any narrative focus on him would be distracting and too easy.
We have two chances for a Jack reference, in the horde and in the house. Idk what they can do in the horse if the rumores r true, and it is in fact a horde, then it has no real props they can use as a Jack Easter egg. If it has props that’s another story, but then it’s not a horde.

In the house a Jack Easter egg is easy. I don’t want him as a scare actor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.