Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 286 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The impression I get is that Universal isn't so much combating the crowds as a whole but combating the folks who FFP and hang in the street. Could explain why the base price gets a small bump, but with Express is a big jump.
... they'd rather do that than increase capacity for the event unfortunately.

Hmm, with Tickets on sale I wouldn’t mind if they dumped everything today and said there you go.

Since the event starts earlier they could justify dropping everything to push multi night tickets.

Reactions: saint.piss
Brother, there’s a certain subset of HHN goers that go nightly to marathon 10 houses with their express and peace out. You could have 100 shows and 20 scarezones. They just want to up their house count. They don’t buy food, and they don’t buy alcohol.

Many of them are podcasters. These are people who won’t see HNF until maybe the end of October because they “didn’t have time.”

First time in almost 10 years that we're only doing a single night of HHN. Can't justify the passes with express this year.

First time in almost 10 years that we're only doing a single night of HHN. Can't justify the passes with express this year.
I can’t blame you, I only live two hours away and I only have ever done the one night every year (last year being an exception since I had the opportunity to go twice) it’s gotten really expensive not even considering hotel, food, gas, etc.

Reactions: ssirin88
I can’t blame you, I only live two hours away and I only have ever done the one night every year (last year being an exception since I had the opportunity to go twice) it’s gotten really expensive not even considering hotel, food, gas, etc.

3 hour drive for me, which isn't the problem. But we had a lot of expenses this year and saving up for Epic next year, something has to be sacrificed lol.

Brother, there’s a certain subset of HHN goers that go nightly to marathon 10 houses with their express and peace out. You could have 100 shows and 20 scarezones. They just want to up their house count. They don’t buy food, and they don’t buy alcohol.

Many of them are podcasters. These are people who won’t see HNF until maybe the end of October because they “didn’t have time.”
I'm not against raising prices for express (I actually think they need to cut it entirely from any FF pass - I've mentioned this earlier). The number of guests who do marathons each night is an insignificant % of HHN's entire attendance.

I'm fine with price increases, but additional capacity should be added too. We all know theme park attendance has increased even with heavy price increases since people love attending parks no matter how expensive (look at WDW). You either have to start actually capping attendance or add capacity.

----
For those who are turned away by Express prices... Rush of Fear is still a decent value (without express) and can allow you to enjoy HHN in 2 nights. Arrive early, knock out originals early on and then relax during the heat of the crowd (8PM-12AM) and then knock out houses again after midnight.

The impression I get is that Universal isn't so much combating the crowds as a whole but combating the folks who FFP and hang in the street. Could explain why the base price gets a small bump, but with Express is a big jump.
I don't understand the street part,

I thought you said podracers lol
now this is podracing the phantom menace GIF by Star Wars

Reactions: SeventyOne
Unless you have a way to throw up another parking garage by October, they probably need to do both. Raise prices and increase capacity.

It's still insane to me that a multi-night ticket costs less than a single day ticket to many Disney parks and events.

Just like there is a subset of fans that buy Express and marathon, there is a subset of fans who buy the ticket to just hang out and lounge.

Anecdotally, and feel free to disagree, I notice your crowd more than RJ's. After the first two weeks, Express runs pretty well. I don't feel like it's being overwhelmed. The streets however...

There aren't enough guests buying Express to back up parking like that.

You almost got it... You're right there... :lol:

Just like there is a subset of fans that buy Express and marathon, there is a subset of fans who buy the base ticket to just hang out and lounge.

Nothing there.

Unless you have a way to throw up another parking garage by October, they probably need to do both. Raise prices and increase capacity.

It's still insane to me that a multi-night ticket costs less than a single day ticket to many Disney parks and events.

Anecdotally, and feel free to disagree, I notice your crowd more than RJ's. After the first two weeks, Express runs pretty well. I don't feel like it's being overwhelmed. The streets however...

yeah but that's what I didn't understand, if they don't want people in the streets then I don't know if a higher express charge helps with it.

unless they plan to sell less ffp than last year.

Reactions: SeventyOne
yeah but that's what I didn't understand, if they don't want people in the streets then I don't know if a higher express charge helps with it.

unless they plan to sell less ffp than last year.

Because the thought process is they can do the house whenever with Express. So Universal's thought process is, you can do that - but it's going to cost you.

No disagreement there. I don't want to yuck anyone's yum as everyone is entitled to spend their own money as they see fit - but Universal can't be a "hang-out spot".

LOL this is always something that has gotten under my skin. Like @Brian G. said - people paid for their passes and can do what they want, but I've always secretly felt like these people don't REALLY appreciate and love the event for what it is

LOL this is always something that has gotten under my skin. Like @Brian G. said - people paid for their passes and can do what they want, but I've always secretly felt like these people don't REALLY appreciate and love the event for what it is
It is quite something. And I think they hate HNF because it is too much of a time commitment. My favorite HNF complaint was "it's too hot (actual heat not sex)."

You almost got it... You're right there... :lol:
Well aware HHN has decided to chase this versus increasing capacity.

There's still room for growth IMO with increased capacity (mainly in the entertainment section) and the placement of houses/bars.

No disagreement there. I don't want to yuck anyone's yum as everyone is entitled to spend their own money as they see fit - but Universal can't be a "hang-out spot".
I disagree - HHN just hasn't evolved to reflect that yet. The Peacock lounge was a great start, but that's just one lounge for 25K+ people. SWO has 1/15 the attendance and offers 3-4 bars with entertainment & decor throughout the park.

In a perfect world, they would find space somewhere BoH behind Hollywood to place a house so they move some guests away from the back of the park/NY.

Also, let's not start attacking other fans for attending the event on (or near) a nightly basis. It shouldn't be seen as a negative thing to attend the event we all love.

Well, I don't want to go THAT far. I'm sure a majority are enjoying the ambiance, but that's not to say there are those who are going "to be seen", too.