Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 288 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, as fun as it can be to hangout in the zones, Universal doesn't want people doing that.

I'll admit, I've absolutely done it when we've finished houses for the night. (but i'm also not a local that goes every night)

or cut alcohol from hhn, easy. everyone knows the trouble that drunks cause

The reality is it's too much of a money-maker. Universal has taken steps and the amount of alcohol doesn't flow like it did 10 years ago - but it'll never bet cut unless a major issue arises. That said, if we're worried about trouble then you gotta cut the other demo - which is unchaperoned children. I don't care to argue who's #1 in that regard, but those are the top 2 troublemakers; and only one of them brings in money... so

okay so is 11:23, where is Insidious? :lmao: :lmao:

Dual Coast. Noon. :lol:

Comparisons to Seaworld aren’t relevant, considering HoS requires a fraction of the operational infrastructure that HHN requires. If you ARE going to compare them, count up all the themed food services and drink tents Universal and doesn’t feature as, operationally, those are just as equivocal as Seaworlds themed bars: don’t say “Universal only has the Peacock lounge.”
I was comparing the design of SeaWorld's themed lounges versus Universal's offerings. The peacock lounge was a few lights, David Pumpkins and only 4 bartenders. The remaining bars at HHN are all grab & go locations, far from being themed lounges.

And the back of area behind Hollywood you want to add a house to is where the Hollywood green room, and most importantly, the security offices are. Anyone who gets trespassed and taken back there for holding, processing, and removal from the park via the VIP side entrance. Add in the fact that a queue for that house would have to use the Esoteric gate, which is the ambulance entrance for that side of the park.
Well aware, that's why I mentioned in a perfect world. In a perfect world they would create an actually facility (not just trailers) that can house all of that (consolidate into a two floor structure) and allow HHN to get a piece of the remaining land. Requires investment, but this is a company that is raking in significant cash. And with the two new tents and new TM Campus being built behind F&F, Universal has shown they are more than willing to invest in improved TM facilities & HHN dedicated space.

As for the Esoteric gate, they can easily find a way to route a house queue there to accomodate ambulance/fire access... just like they do with the new parade building when they can drop a simple rope to let vehicles through. The Esoteric gate has 2 entry portals off to the side, along with access at the southern Hollywood gate between Bourne/Today Cafe.

Edit - I just want to make it clear that my comments are driven by my love for the event and wanting to improve it from what I can see.

Technically... haha

But to clarify - I meant closes off as in new ticket sales for the specific date. There were no issues with FFP admittance last year and that featured some heavy-hitting IPs, so I don't foresee any issues this year.
I stand by my statement that the solution is other ticket package options; allow me a “6 night pass” where I have to specify which 6 nights I am going in advance, and charge me less than what I just paid for the FFP.

I don’t think I’m in the wrong for essentially picking all the dates when that is what I’m paying for.

Yeah, as fun as it can be to hangout in the zones, Universal doesn't want people doing that.

I'll admit, I've absolutely done it when we've finished houses for the night. (but i'm also not a local that goes every night)

The reality is it's too much of a money-maker. Universal has taken steps and the amount of alcohol doesn't flow like it did 10 years ago - but it'll never bet cut unless a major issue arises. That said, if we're worried about trouble then you gotta cut the other demo - which is unchaperoned children. I don't care to argue who's #1 in that regard, but those are the top 2 troublemakers; and only one of them brings in money... so

Dual Coast. Noon. :lol:

since local bars were mentioned, it reminded me that a lot of people hanging in the streets always have drinks in their hands........:D
specially after 10 pm..... people around the zones are drinking or already drunk... then sometimes they mess with the actors.
sure they paid a bunch of money for alcohol, but they are also lingering.

I stand by my statement that the solution is other ticket package options; allow me a “6 night pass” where I have to specify which 6 nights I am going in advance, and charge me less than what I just paid for the FFP.

I don’t think I’m in the wrong for essentially picking all the dates when that is what I’m paying for.

Don't get me wrong - I wasn't trying to pin any blame, and I completely agree and would prefer a "Choose x Nights" ticket package.

since local bars were mentioned, it reminded me that a lot of people hanging in the streets always have drinks in their hands........:D
specially after 10 pm..... people around the zones are drinking or already drunk... then sometimes they mess with the actors.
sure they paid a bunch of money for alcohol, but they are also lingering.
They are lingering in the streets because between 8PM-12AM your choices are to either wait in a hot miserable queue for an hour+ at most houses, wait 30 minutes for food, or dedicate an hour to Nightmare Fuel. Outside of that, there's nowhere else to go except Transformers that tends to get no more than a 15 min wait.

that’s a mess that’ll cause heartache and frustration, see Magic Keys.

I don't blame you for picking the earliest date. If they want a better idea of the anticipated crowd, they need to incentivize it for you and give a price break for essentially sacrificing nights that you could go. Doesn't have to be a ton, but if you told me I saved $3-5 in Universal Gift Card credit for each night that I delayed my pass from activating, I'd be very honest. Let me take that $20 saved and put it towards a snack at the event.

Pre-2023, does anyone know how Universal gauged anticipated attendance for ROF nights? Did they just operate off the assumption that everyone with ROF would show up every night? Or that a certain % would be there each night?

the only problem is when they cut the sales for a day like last year :lmao:
They are lingering in the streets because between 8PM-12AM your choices are to either wait in a hot miserable queue for an hour+ at most houses, wait 30 minutes for food, or dedicate an hour to Nightmare Fuel. Outside of that, there's nowhere else to go except Transformers that tends to get no more than a 15 min wait.
and it goes back to capacity like UniversalRBLX was saying. uni doesnt want pedestrian clogging but then we have the issues you mentioned.

I was comparing the design of SeaWorld's themed lounges versus Universal's offerings. The peacock lounge was a few lights, David Pumpkins and only 4 bartenders. The remaining bars at HHN are all grab & go locations, far from being themed lounges.

Well aware, that's why I mentioned in a perfect world. In a perfect world they would create an actually facility (not just trailers) that can house all of that (consolidate into a two floor structure) and allow HHN to get a piece of the remaining land. Requires investment, but this is a company that is raking in significant cash. And with the two new tents and new TM Campus being built behind F&F, Universal has shown they are more than willing to invest in improved TM facilities & HHN dedicated space.

As for the Esoteric gate, they can easily find a way to route a house queue there to accomodate ambulance/fire access... just like they do with the new parade building when they can drop a simple rope to let vehicles through. The Esoteric gate has 2 entry portals off to the side, along with access at the southern Hollywood gate between Bourne/Today Cafe.

Edit - I just want to make it clear that my comments are driven by my love for the event and wanting to improve it from what I can see.
Apart from the tents, which are minimal investments which are intended to give back to daytime operations the space they technically already own, where is there any “HHN dedicated space” at the park? And those tents double as storage. The new TM facility backstage is being built because the current TM infrastructure is 35 years old and wasn’t designed for two parks. The improvement is a necessary modernization that has nothing to do with HHN. They are not going to build a whole new building to provide green room space that’s only going to be used by HHN. The park does not revolve around HHN. If the investment does not benefit daytime operations during the other ten months of the year, Universal is not going to prioritize it.

Back to your other points - where can Universal put full “lounges” apart from where they are? SeaWorld, because they don’t require the infrastructure, actually uses already built structures for their lounges. Universal is already using almost every inch of available space for food service. And the inches they aren’t using can’t be used because they’re heavily used during the days. Universal has (at least) three times more food services people working just as many more locations than SeaWorld. They’re not comparable.

And there is a drastic difference between requiring an ambulance to cross a queue than run the length of a queue. Think about how much space is necessary for two queues (Express and Standby) and an Exit. For reference, an entrance portal is five-ish feet wide? So entrances require ten feet. Exit requires 10-15. So let’s say 20 feet. The side gates can’t be used since they’re for employee movement. How wide is the Esoteric gate? How much space remains for an ambulance to drive through the gate (not cross the queue)? If it’s less than 10 feet, it’s not enough

My frustration with a lot your ideas is exactly what you admit, you want to improve things, “based on what you see.” But you’re only seeing things from the perspective of a guest with satellite view. That’s the tip of the logistical and managerial iceberg.

I'm gonna be honest - I'm kind of shocked that the base ROF ticket saw no increase at all.

Truly, none of us know what we're talking about on here
It ends a little earlier so that might be why they didn't increase prices.

Aren't there other rides other than Transformers open and if you have this 4 hour block why not do Nightmare Fuel? I would also say if food lines are 30 minutes and Universal makes money on food, merch, and alcohol and not tickets then Universal needs to open up more food options.

Unrelated to the above, how are Sundays? I was thinking Sept 29th, post rush of fear, but a date I can use my Premier pass on.

Unrelated to the above, how are Sundays? I was thinking Sept 29th, post rush of fear, but a date I can use my Premier pass on.
Check the stats if you don't believe me, but tied with Saturday for busiest night. Also feels busier from open, no build to the crowd, slammed from Stay & Scream on.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Apart from the tents, which are minimal investments which are intended to give back to daytime operations the space they technically already own, where is there any “HHN dedicated space” at the park? And those tents double as storage. The new TM facility backstage is being built because the current TM infrastructure is 35 years old and wasn’t designed for two parks. The improvement is a necessary modernization that has nothing to do with HHN. They are not going to build a whole new building to provide green room space that’s only going to be used by HHN. The park does not revolve around HHN. If the investment does not benefit daytime operations during the other ten months of the year, Universal is not going to prioritize it.

Back to your other points - where can Universal put full “lounges” apart from where they are? SeaWorld, because they don’t require the infrastructure, actually uses already built structures for their lounges. Universal is already using almost every inch of available space for food service. And the inches they aren’t using can’t be used because they’re heavily used during the days. Universal has (at least) three times more food services people working just as many more locations than SeaWorld. They’re not comparable.

And there is a drastic difference between requiring an ambulance to cross a queue than run the length of a queue. Think about how much space is necessary for two queues (Express and Standby) and an Exit. For reference, an entrance portal is five-ish feet wide? So entrances require ten feet. Exit requires 10-15. So let’s say 20 feet. The side gates can’t be used since they’re for employee movement. How wide is the Esoteric gate? How much space remains for an ambulance to drive through the gate (not cross the queue)? If it’s less than 10 feet, it’s not enough

My frustration with a lot your ideas is exactly what you admit, you want to improve things, “based on what you see.” But you’re only seeing things from the perspective of a guest with satellite view. That’s the tip of the logistical and managerial iceberg.
I'd argue investing in proper green room spaces/TM BoH is a priority. Yes HHN only operates 2 months out of the year, but they generate a lot of revenue and goodwill from it. Heck, if you can't use that area behind Hollywood, use the old Hard Rock Cafe area between Kidzone/ET for a location that is currently just a staging area for random stuff. (Area you would walk by to get to parade buildings)

Space for themed lounges:
  • Music Plaza Stage - put up bar tables, and string up some halloween lighting/decor like they do for the 4th. Relocate a house entrance queue to only cover the entry/exit off to the side. This area of the park was bursting at the seams, they need all they space they can get and the queue takes up valuable real estate.
  • Hollywood Tribute Store - (ample turn around between last night of HHN & November 22nd)
  • Animal Actors stroller parking - they've relocated a few bars here, but don't provide enough lounge tables or seating. It's grab and get out.
  • Transformers Extended Queue - the extended queue under the shelter isn't utilized much anymore, and if they need the extra queue space for holiday weekends, they can just setup their temporary queue on the street. I think I mentioned earlier in the Minion Cafe discussion, but the Transformers extended queue should be absorbed by Minion Cafe, that way it can add seating capacity for both the cafe and lounge. Literally just paint it yellow, and then setup some generic Halloween decor.
  • Cafe La Bamba, open it up to the public and serve drinks at the counter. (Yes I know RIP Tours use this space, but they already take over a ridiculous amount of space at Horror Makeup, Fallon, Lombard's)
  • Battery Park - using it now, but similar to the AA location, they don't provide much seating or tables... let alone any entertainment. Just a few "themed" graphics and a gobo or two lol

This excludes my (and others) previous ideas of creating festival centers outside USF's typical boundary (like the BMG area) to provide additional space for the event to operate in. Unfortunately, the event is too condensed to the NY/MIB area.

On the Esoteric/Ambulance space issue, the Esoteric gate is 20 ft. across, so is the gate over by Bourne. Put the entry portal at the Bourne gate, and the exit to the house at Esoteric. The distance from the Bourne gate to a potential tent in the green space area is similar to the Kidzone/Parade walk. Also, have you seen some of the house exits recently... they're like maybe 5 feet across nowadays lol.

I know there's a lot of Blue Sky happening in any park forum/site, but I tend to be very realistic and analytical. I'm not spewing things out of my month without any backup.

Aren't there other rides other than Transformers open and if you have this 4 hour block why not do Nightmare Fuel? I would also say if food lines are 30 minutes and Universal makes money on food, merch, and alcohol and not tickets then Universal needs to open up more food options.
Yes Rockit/Mummy/Gringotts/MIB are all open as well, but they got decent waits the last two years now. Universal doesn't need more food options, they just need to be more efficient at their current locations.

Check the stats if you don't believe me, but tied with Saturday for busiest night. Also feels busier from open, no build to the crowd, slammed from Stay & Scream on.
Weds/Thurs too are busy. I mentioned this earlier, but some Saturdays felt less crowded/more manageable than some weekdays.