Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well aware HHN has decided to chase this versus increasing capacity.

There's still room for growth IMO with increased capacity (mainly in the entertainment section) and the placement of houses/bars.

I disagree - HHN just hasn't evolved to reflect that yet. The Peacock lounge was a great start, but that's just one lounge for 25K+ people. SWO has 1/15 the attendance and offers 3-4 bars with entertainment & decor throughout the park.

In a perfect world, they would find space somewhere BoH behind Hollywood to place a house so they move some guests away from the back of the park/NY.

Also, let's not start attacking other fans for attending the event on (or near) a nightly basis. It shouldn't be seen as a negative thing to attend the event we all love.

What are you disagreeing with?

Just bought my UFF w/express and ouch that was a lot. It did ask me to pick a start date, I pick Aug. 30 as I’m actually going that night(have CB booked already)but how many ppl will just pick Aug. 30 just because? It should really start to be cheaper or something as the nights go on to “look good” to people so there actually be honest and pick a correct start date.

Just bought my UFF w/express and ouch that was a lot. It did ask me to pick a start date, I pick Aug. 30 as I’m actually going that night(have CB booked already)but how many ppl will just pick Aug. 30 just because? It should really start to be cheaper or something as the nights go on to “look good” to people so there actually be honest and pick a correct start date.
I thought that was strange too. We are doing the FFP but our first planned day isn’t until 10/12. But we selected the first possible date just in case. But I would have gladly selected 10/12 if the price would have dropped.

I thought that was strange too. We are doing the FFP but our first planned day isn’t until 10/12. But we selected the first possible date just in case. But I would have gladly selected 10/12 if the price would have dropped.

It's a way to measure anticipated capacity.

Well, I don't want to go THAT far. I'm sure a majority are enjoying the ambiance, but that's not to say there are those who are going "to be seen", too.
Certainly a pet peeve of mine (influencers), but not significant in size to impact HHN. Those folks will do whatever it takes to be seen, no matter the price.

What are you disagreeing with?
That Universal can't be a hangout spot. The choice to limit attendance versus efforts to increase capacity and improve the experience.

Seems like a feature that will eventually be used like Disney's pricing system. I actually thought it would be utilized this year to reduce crowds on opening week.

That Universal can't be a hangout spot. The choice to limit attendance versus efforts to increase capacity and improve the experience.
Those folks I was mentioning aren't spending a dime. That's the point and why I used "". And even if they go to the themed bars, they are ordering water or getting one drink and spending hours there.

No amount of houses or shows will change that habit for them.

I find it strange. I don’t blame you for picking that start date Just in case.
But how much is it really anticipated if guest just pick opening night? That’s where my original post comes from. To lower the price some to make ppl want to select an honest start.

I seem to recall that the base Frequent Fear pass excluded the first Saturday. Looks included this year - is that a newer change?

Well, I don't want to go THAT far. I'm sure a majority are enjoying the ambiance, but that's not to say there are those who are going "to be seen", too.
Oh no, I was referring to those that go in, marathon 10 houses, and bounce lol.

But there are plenty who attend because "the scare actors recognize me"

There's still room for growth IMO with increased capacity (mainly in the entertainment section) and the placement of houses/bars.

I disagree - HHN just hasn't evolved to reflect that yet. The Peacock lounge was a great start, but that's just one lounge for 25K+ people. SWO has 1/15 the attendance and offers 3-4 bars with entertainment & decor throughout the park.

In a perfect world, they would find space somewhere BoH behind Hollywood to place a house so they move some guests away from the back of the park/NY.

Also, let's not start attacking other fans for attending the event on (or near) a nightly basis. It shouldn't be seen as a negative thing to attend the event we all love.
Comparisons to Seaworld aren’t relevant, considering HoS requires a fraction of the operational infrastructure that HHN requires. If you ARE going to compare them, count up all the themed food services and drink tents Universal and doesn’t feature as, operationally, those are just as equivocal as Seaworlds themed bars: don’t say “Universal only has the Peacock lounge.”

And the back of area behind Hollywood you want to add a house to is where the Hollywood green room, and most importantly, the security offices are. Anyone who gets trespassed and taken back there for holding, processing, and removal from the park via the VIP side entrance. Add in the fact that a queue for that house would have to use the Esoteric gate, which is the ambulance entrance for that side of the park.

The passes are loss leaders. They basically cover the event’s operating costs. The food, beverage, and merch is the profit. Universal does not want people attending and spending no money. More so, any people who just “hang” at the event (without actively moving through houses and shops) typically congest areas that people should be moving through. The event isn’t desired for hanging out unless you’re spending money.

It’s not “attacking fans” to say Universal doesn’t want that type of guest.

Well they shouldn't if they know they aren't. :lol:

If they do, and Universal closes off Opening Weekend early, then you'll know why.
So it’s my fault when Universal closes off opening weekend early?

If I’m paying for the entire run because their package options are limited, and they hit me with a giant warning at checkout that I’m locked into the start date I pick, then of course I’m going to pick the earliest possible date. I originally did select my anticipated start date, but changed it due to that warning.

I’ve said this many times: I’d gladly select specific dates if their pricing reflected that. Especially as an out-of-towner who only goes around 6 nights a year. It just so happens that the FFP is the most cost effective for us.

what I'm getting from Brian is that universal itself doesnt want pedestrians hanging around. sounds like its Uni that doesnt want them clogging the streets?
Go find a local bar, it’ll save you money and the bartenders will actually remember you.

or cut alcohol from hhn, easy. everyone knows the trouble that drunks cause

Reactions: johnathanm

If I’m paying for the entire run because their package options are limited, and they hit me with a giant warning at checkout that I’m locked into the start date I pick, then of course I’m going to pick the earliest possible date. I originally did select my anticipated start date, but changed it due to that warning.

I’ve said this many times: I’d gladly select specific dates if their pricing reflected that. Especially as an out-of-towner who only goes around 6 nights a year. It just so happens that the FFP is the most cost effective for us.

Technically... haha

But to clarify - I meant closes off as in new ticket sales for the specific date. There were no issues with FFP admittance last year and that featured some heavy-hitting IPs, so I don't foresee any issues this year.

But with a little effort, it could be a way to incentivize behavior. I think even a 5% or10% discount would convince many to skip opening weekend.

Universal's fault for not incentivizing you.