Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wanted to ask since I haven't heard anything about it, but any chance we will see some scareactors within the rides themselves?

I wish! They need to do HHN makeovers for the regular rides again like in 2000.

:lol: I heard a story that when they did it that year, Jack would hide in the boathouse of Jaws and scare unsuppecting riders on that dock in there.

Last edited:
Wanted to ask since I haven't heard anything about it, but any chance we will see some scareactors within the rides themselves?

I remember going in 2000 and seeing scareactors in Jaws, Kong, and T2 (not really, Jack just showed up on stage after the finale). At this point, I can only see this working for Jaws, as Mummy just seems too dangerous to have love actors inside of it. Though to be honest, I don't really even see that happening. While turning the streets of Kong's NYC into a scarezone was a genius idea, the effect wasn't nearly as cool over at Jaws. All I remember is a couple of scareactors in the boat house, and that was about it. Not to mention that if this was going to happen, wouldn't we already have some casting news for it?

I wish! They need to do Horror makeovers for the rides again like in 2000.

:lol: I heard a story that when they did it that year, Jack would hide in the boathouse of Jaws and scare unsuppecting riders on that dock in there.

Yeah I wish too, if I remember correctly this question was asked last year on a HHN conference call and while it wasn't happening then it could return someday. Just curious if anyone had any insight on it, thanks.

I wish! They need to do HHN makeovers for the regular rides again like in 2000.

Sorry to double post, but I also remember seeing Jack in the boathouse, along with some other scareactors perhaps (memories of 10 years ago are a little hazy). Also, and I thought this was much cooler than showing up in Jaws, Jack appeared on stage VERY briefly at the end of T2. When the lights came up during the part where Sarah Connor is doing her ending monologue and Arnie's face is on the screen, Jack would stand on stage, pull his thumb across his throat in the typical throat-slicing gesture, and then disappear again when the lights went down. More than anything, I remember how cool it was to feel that Jack really permeated every corner of the park. I mean, even the everyday attractions weren't safe!! Sorry to go off there, but I thought that was a cool story that I wanted to share.

i wonder if the the head ceo's at general electric knew what the theme was before anyone? or if ronald meyer knew the idea before anyone

i wonder if the the head ceo's at general electric knew what the theme was before anyone? or if ronald meyer knew the idea before anyone
GE was probably just like "Hm, alright ____ amount for Universal Florida this year." and didn't think about them again for the rest of the year.

Oh man. That's great news for me as well. My party was just telling me that they didn't want to shell out for an Express and I was beyond pissed. My AP just arrived today too!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about you guys, but I've been seeing HHN web ads ALL OVER THE PLACE. I swear every website I go on has and ad.

Also-I take back what I said about not seeing billboards in Tampa. There is one, but it's very simple. It just says HHN XX and advertises Coke Zero and the FL Resident ticket deal. I was like, really? I could see the electronic sign by my house doing this, but only because it shows a different HHN billboard every few ads. But one billboard dedicated to it? Come on. I need to see FEAR, not Coke Zero. But I guess it's kind of the same thing, because the way Coke Zero tastes induces fear.

Edit-I said hate before, but I definitely don't hate Fear himself, so I changed it.

So if you have a preferred pass how many people can you take with you (non passholders) to the passholder nights?
Preferred and Premier passholders can take one guest per AP with them.

I'm signed up for the 24th, can't wait!

You guy's are fortunate that you can go again and again. :( I have only 1 night to see everything. :lol:

Edit - Looked at fear and somehow, Fear doesn't strike me as a big guy like Darkness. Anyone agree?

Last edited:
First off, that new shot of Fear is sick. I love that they're slowly revealing him.

Second -- I'm struggling with this whole AP preview thing. Here's why: I feel like, this year more than before, the layout of the event is very much intentionally taking you through the event in a specific order. Come through the gates, walk through the past with the '20 Years of Fear' scarezone, into 'Fear Revealed', then forward to the first house, "Hallow'd Past". I kinda don't want to do the preview because it plops you in the middle of the story, and I kinda want the event to unravel the way the designers intended it to be seen. :shrug:

I dunno what to do. My girl wants to do the preview, but my thought is as I said above, plus the fact that we have Express, in my mind, takes away the urge to get a head start with the preview. :shrug: Any advice on my dilemma?

First off, that new shot of Fear is sick. I love that they're slowly revealing him.

Second -- I'm struggling with this whole AP preview thing. Here's why: I feel like, this year more than before, the layout of the event is very much intentionally taking you through the event in a specific order. Come through the gates, walk through the past with the '20 Years of Fear' scarezone, into 'Fear Revealed', then forward to the first house, "Hallow'd Past". I kinda don't want to do the preview because it plops you in the middle of the story, and I kinda want the event to unravel the way the designers intended it to be seen. :shrug:

I dunno what to do. My girl wants to do the preview, but my thought is as I said above, plus the fact that we have Express, in my mind, takes away the urge to get a head start with the preview. :shrug: Any advice on my dilemma?

Then you are better off and show up just as dark decends, thats the only downside with going in at 5pm also, is the fact that the sun is still out. If you have express, take advantage of it.

Question for those who have been on opening night before.... If you were not to do the AP party, S&S, or have an Express Pass, would there be any shot in hell of getting everything done? I've never not gone on a peak night so I really have no clue what to expect. I'm used to going on Saturdays and the 2+ hour lines.

Opening Weekend is pretty tame, you should be good to get everything in. Friday is busier than Saturday though because all of us fans wanna see the event ASAP. :thumbs:

I have been doing AP preview for the past two years and the crowds are really small. I have gotten both preview houses done twice each year along with all of the other houses. The sun problem is unavoidable but it makes everything really dark (for better or for worse) and if a house has a strobe ending they can't turn them on which is a lot scarier than with the strobes on, ex. The Hallow and Silver Screams.

When I did the preview I could not see anything in the house because of the sun being out. Literally had to follow the exit signs to get through the house. I don't go in to any house until dark.

I say do the preview and skip the HHNs house and when it opens go back and do the event the way you want.
I don't think Havoc and Catacombs will have an effect on the flow you are trying to keep.
Thats my two cents