HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
Honestly, it just really seems like wishful thinking on your guys' part... I just wouldn't get my hopes up or expect it.

Anyway.... My main point is, lets keep in mind the biggest important factor that you all seem to be forgetting, the FFP are extremely limited in quantity. It would make no logical (or business) sense to extend the event another 2 nights (Friday/Saturday), just for a small amount of people to attend a week after the event ended.
A lot of work you did there. It sure seems illogical. But they are booked and paid through that weekend which also seems illogical.

I got no horse in the race. I just found it interesting.

Reactions: William
Went to the park today, Exterminatorz looks so cheesy in person, and the props are very generic. I really hope it isn't a let down. 

^ Awesome editing.

Exterminatorz seems like a hit or miss to me. They were kinda taking a risk with this one. I sorta feel like they should've put it somewhere else in the park rather at the entrance, because if it ends up being a dud, it'll always serve as the first impression for most guests. I wonder how they'll execute the Opening Scaremony this year..?

Reactions: BernardMesa
Ugh... yesterday was a long day at the park. Unexpected crowds were unexpected... Studio Tour was 65-80mins most of the day & I wasn't about to wait that long. Usually there is a drastic drop in the waittime for the Studio Tour later in the day, but that was not the case yesterday... So I didn't get any Metro Set area (not that there is much to see) or Terror Tram pics, sorry.

I do, however, have about 75 pics of the 3 SZs.. Still need to go through all of them though. I'm still tired, but I'll try to get them up sometime tonight if I don't pass back out first. :unsure:  I can definitely say that the SZs feel rather small this year. Exterminators is "eh". Dark Christmas features some NEW sets/mannequins. CORPZ is better themed than last year's Mask-A-Raid. All of the lamppost lights have been replaced with red lights throughout the park (upper/lower lot).

Surprisingly, they didn't have any of the HHN or maze banners hanging throughout the park yet, nor did they have anything on the entrance arch or the Universal Store (in park & citywalk). I'm sure those will go up tonight if they haven't already.

Anyway... that's a quick update for now. As I said, I'm still tired from yesterday (damn heat & crowds), but I'll try to get those SZ pics posted later tonight. "EVAC out for now."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stylowtrix
...Rightfully so. As of right now, Crimson from just preview images...looks so amazing. This year we might have three winners on our hands, Halloween; Insidious; and..this beauty.

Yea I was just looking at the pics for Crimson Peak... it has some nice set details, but the one red female mannequin with the noose around her neck cheapens it for me. Was looking at the pics & video for Halloween/Insidious earlier. I'm curious to see the behind-the-scenes videos Murdy has filmed.

I was amused while at the park yesterday because you could totally see inside the first scene of Halloween through the windows due to the bright sunlight. As for the maze itself, I'm not sure if it is just the way they have built the maze layout within the location or not, but it seems to use less space than Dracula did last year. I'd love to see blueprints from this year & last year.

also... pics are slowly coming along, I keep getting distracted..

Yea.. same as last year & the previous years, Employee Preview is the Tuesday before opening night. Orlando's employee preview is always on Wednesday (except for 2007 when it was Thursday due to NLC).

Speaking of employee preview... I just got word that "This is the End" is STILL NOT done being built yet (which is not surprising since the façade didn't look completed yet (although we are seeing it from the rear, but I'll ask how it looks). Anyway, all of the props are sitting in a closet within the maze waiting for them to finish. They're hoping they have enough time tomorrow to dress the maze before EP.

As I said earlier, they didn't even have the banners up yet when I was at the park yesterday. Mazes aren't complete yet. Murdy has been working on audio, lighting, and video the past few days... I'm sorry, but this all just seems highly unprofessional for an event that is in its 16th year (10th since its return from hiatus). They should not be having to rush to get stuff completed in time for Employee Preview which is 3 days before opening night.

I feel Crimson Peak may be one of the best decorated mazes in the history of the event. The set pieces are amazing to see in person. Lots of details and work went into its creation. I think this years Insidious will be a big improvement over 2013. I really liked what I saw. It will have some very innovative new effects. We should have an article and pics up on the site tomorrow.

I'm really loving the set designs in This is the End, the 3D is not overdone at all in my opinion. Crimson Peak also looks amazing. 

Reactions: Aaron
I'm a little paranoid over TITE's lack of completion, but I'm hoping they brought some new things to the drawing board in terms of 3D. John claims that we won't just be seeing neon walls, so it'll be interesting to see how they used it this time.

Reactions: chris.g
Although I refuse to look at spoilers, I'm very glad to hear that all of the mazes sound like they will be really good this year. I'm especially glad to hear about the new effects and scenic. Both are things that HHN needed to step up on.

Reactions: chris.g and Aaron
As I said earlier, they didn't even have the banners up yet when I was at the park yesterday. Mazes aren't complete yet. Murdy has been working on audio, lighting, and video the past few days... I'm sorry, but this all just seems highly unprofessional for an event that is in its 16th year (10th since its return from hiatus). They should not be having to rush to get stuff completed in time for Employee Preview which is 3 days before opening night.
Not at all. Anyone who works in the haunt industry knows that most events are working on things until the very last minute. That's just the nature of the beast. It would be unprofessional if there were construction worker still in the mazes opening night. But the claim that not being done with an event A WEEK before opening night is just not fair to John or his team. HHN is an ENORMOUS undertaking.

Last edited by a moderator: