Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

Universal should seriously consider doing a FNAF house at HHN in 2024. An ideal place to do it would be in the old second Shrek 4D theater that was cleared out to be a black box/multi purpose space during the transition to Villain Con. If Universal is not considering doing a FNAF house that would be their loss.

I have been replaying Twisted Metal lately, specifically Black. Man I can’t help but feel it could make an excellent scare zone. The character designs, the vehicle designs, the atmosphere. I think it could be fantastic.

I just picture some of the iconic vehicles in the streets of NY or even Hollywood.

Lionsgate The Strangers Trilogy
enter a horror story of its own making as 3 unidentified masked strangers ruin your night in all New Horrifying haunted house. Doll face, man in the mask, and pin girl are waiting to wreck your day in an all new film trilogy from Lionsgate itself will you survive the night?”

This is what I have so far of my wish year.

A few thoughts of IPs I'd like to see at Halloween Horror Nights:

• Gremlins
  • Hellraiser
  • Pearl
  • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Doom
  • V/H/S franchise
  • Predator
  • Fear Street
  • Five Nights at Freddy's

Moving this from the Spec thread because never going to happen but ...

Honestly my biggest question about Scooby would be how they'd do Scooby lmao

I'm interested to see if all the zone locations will remain the same. I liked having a zone in the spot where KKFOS was - but that might be difficult if they plan to do a Meetz Locker food stand again.
You do it from Scooby and Shaggy's perspective, maybe with their voices over the scenes. Use the "ghosts"/sets from the first season. Finish on a generic unmasking scene. Maybe you get a Fred and Velma there (easy to cast, costumes do the work).

Look, I know WB and Universal will never allow it for a number of reasons, most of them pretty valid. But if a skilled amateur haunter who enjoys spending money with no chance of recovery ever tried it -- it could be epic.

I'll help you out then - Scooby Doo will never come to Halloween Horror Nights, the ticketed nighttime Halloween event at Universal Studios Florida.
Yes, I know.

What I would want is basically a house of the game "Night of 100 Frights"

I think an obvious rip-off parody (teens and their pet explore a haunted x) could be arguably funnier and better. Frank, Delma, Vicki, Moptop, and their cat Mew-Mew fall into violent, brutal shenanigans. Take the clear narrative presentation of Graveyard Games/Case Files with the humor of Sinema/Bloodengutz and it can be a winner without concerns about image integrity.

I think an obvious rip-off parody (teens and their pet explore a haunted x) could be arguably funnier and better. Frank, Delma, Vicki, Moptop, and their cat Mew-Mew fall into violent, brutal shenanigans. Take the clear narrative presentation of Graveyard Games/Case Files with the humor of Sinema/Bloodengutz and it can be a winner without concerns about image integrity.

Bingo. The IP adds nothing to what HHN fans actually want in the event.

Now if there was some sort of non-horror event where IPs could get walkthroughs...

Imagine if they turned Bourne into a more brutal and bloody version of the show for HHN, like Hollywood did for Waterworld/Slaughterworld (and may actually be doing again this year if rumors are correct).

Capacity improvements have to be #1 on their priority list for next year's event.
  • Nightmare Fuel has consistently reached capacity 10 minutes prior to showtime (B&T struggled to fill seats).
  • Food & Beverage lines
  • Parking is a nightmare
  • Chokepoints throughout the park
  • Stay & Scream has become rather useless nowadays unless you are there 90 mins in advance

Capacity improvements have to be #1 on their priority list for next year's event.
  • Nightmare Fuel has consistently reached capacity 10 minutes prior to showtime (B&T struggled to fill seats).
  • Food & Beverage lines
  • Parking is a nightmare
  • Chokepoints throughout the park
  • Stay & Scream has become rather useless nowadays unless you are there 90 mins in advance
I think they’re trying to thread the needle to encourage upsells like RIP/Express while still having the event be navigable