Knott's Scary Farm 2022 | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Question why is this starting so late? HHN will be on its third weekend when this opens, when I went last year it was packed so not sure if its staffing or what but while USH is adding dates Scary Farm is only going to have 5 weekends?
they're having 6 plus theres I think an extra wednesday or two in there, and theyre open on sunday opening week which i think isnt normal. So it balances out to i think only one or so less days than normal, if that even.

General Scary Farm question/speculation: considering next year will be the 50th (!) anniversary of the event, do you think we'll get any sort of tribute maze or scare zone? I know they had one in 1997 for the 25th anniversary called "XXV Years of Fear." I think they need to go big next year with at least 3 new mazes so what would y'all like to see represented? Scary Farm has such a rich history but some maze themes pop up frequently over its history like Jack the Ripper, fairy tales, vampires, comedic mazes, clowns. My ideal line up would include the Doll Factory, Malice in Wonderland, Carnival of Carnivorous Clowns, Jack the Ripper, the Underground, Nightmares, etc.

I think it's pretty much guaranteed there will be some sort of tribute next year. Many references to Dollhouse exist in Wax Works already. Wouldn't mind a Jack the Ripper maze or scare zone.

I also would guess that Origins might get a slight revamp next year to include some classic references. That seemed like a perfect anniversary maze

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I think it's pretty much guaranteed there will be some sort of tribute next year. Many references to Dollhouse exist in Wax Works already. Wouldn't mind a Jack the Ripper maze or scare zone.

I also would guess that Origins might get a slight revamp next year to include some classic references. That seemed like a perfect anniversary maze
Yeah my only concern is that some classic aspects of the event are already represented in Bloodline and Origins so any tribute maze should focus on other aspects and themes.

Reactions: JS610
General Scary Farm question/speculation: considering next year will be the 50th (!) anniversary of the event, do you think we'll get any sort of tribute maze or scare zone? I know they had one in 1997 for the 25th anniversary called "XXV Years of Fear." I think they need to go big next year with at least 3 new mazes so what would y'all like to see represented? Scary Farm has such a rich history but some maze themes pop up frequently over its history like Jack the Ripper, fairy tales, vampires, comedic mazes, clowns. My ideal line up would include the Doll Factory, Malice in Wonderland, Carnival of Carnivorous Clowns, Jack the Ripper, the Underground, Nightmares, etc.
Tbh I don't expect a straight anniversary maze, but I wouldnt be surprised if at least one maze and one scarezone were in some way connected to past fan favorites. I imagine based on the way they structure things now, they still want whatever they add to stand on its own for at least a few years separate of the anniversary.

Last edited:
If they include stuff after 97, I'd love to see Alien Attack, Camp Gonnagetcha, Blood Bayou, Asylum, Red Beard's Revenge, Red Moon Massacre, C3, Corn Stalkers, Virus Z, Terror of London, Pinocchio Unstrung, Terror of London, Forevermore and Trick or Treat.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
FYI bag policy for KSF kinda sucks. Be warned.

Jeez that's genuinely nothing.
I get with how many incidents they've been having they're trying to be cautious, but like you can barely fit a phone in that, and that's only if that's all you brought.
I guess get in the habit of wearing cargo pants to the event or something.

Honestly F all bag policies are haunt events

you can’t even bring in water to HHN or this Event and it’s a joke.
If food lines moved faster then whatever but to get cold water at USH or Knotts sucks at these events and hate you can’t just bring in normal items

Zipper pockets forever lol. I attended last night, with no bag, but filled pockets, and had zero trouble. I guarantee I can fit more items in my 4 pockets than that tiny bag. And I'm a healthy young man. Many have pointed out on social media that many items in a woman's bag are not optional.

Anyway, I enjoyed the event. Very light crowds, especially compared to HHN. Got multiple walk thrus of most of the mazes, with no Fast Lane. The only exceptions were the 2 new mazes, with the Grimoire wait reaching over 2 hours.

I skipped that, but did experience Bloodline. I enjoyed it, multiple pre shows, nice set design, easy to pick up. Just wish there more targets. Also Mesmer's opening scene changed, just a welcome from Mesmer himself in a very different room than last year.

Was about 80% sure I was skipping this year, then I heard a buncha bad stuff about last night (outside of Bloodline and Grimoire both being strong -- especially Grimoire) and now I'm for sure out. Sounds like more than a few houses really need to be put of their misery.

Will plan on next year when there will hopefully be at least four new-to-me houses and the event will finally feel fresh for once.