Knott's Scary Farm 2022 | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dark Ride is a former shell of what it used to be. Such a shame going through it last year with any of the effects barely working and monsters not putting much effort. Wasn't even my favorite from when it was new, and it was still sad.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I am once again annoyed about the lack of Scary Farm passes outside of Cedar Fair season passes. I may simply skip this year yet again. Seriously, just double the price and make it available. There's a willingness to pay on my end.

Wow okay so I guess i missed a lot with that press release.. very interesting that Dark Ride is on its last year. Pumpkin Eater was a given for me but like... not Dark Entities? Okay, whatever ya say Knotts.. Good thing Carnaval Du Grotesque is changing, maybe it will be a show with actual showtimes as i originally thought it would be.. Also very interesting The Hollows is on its last year. The more ya know!

I am once again annoyed about the lack of Scary Farm passes outside of Cedar Fair season passes. I may simply skip this year yet again. Seriously, just double the price and make it available. There's a willingness to pay on my end.

I don't quite understand how on a normal year (pre-2020) they could sell them to both Season Passholders and the general public, but now they are only offering it to the Season Passholders under the guise of them being "sold out". I know they are still dealing with rollover passes and I'm sure it's kind of messy on the backend but I still think they should have given the general public at least a limited time window to purchase them. Even at a higher cost, I know a lot of people that would be willing to get one.

Worth mentioning though, their 2023 Season Pass add-ons are on the site currently. I would keep an eye on that because if/when the Scary Farm add-ons appear they may go fast. In the past (again, pre-2020) the next year's add-ons normally pop up around the time the event starts or right after.

Wow okay so I guess i missed a lot with that press release.. very interesting that Dark Ride is on its last year. Pumpkin Eater was a given for me but like... not Dark Entities? Okay, whatever ya say Knotts.. Good thing Carnaval Du Grotesque is changing, maybe it will be a show with actual showtimes as i originally thought it would be.. Also very interesting The Hollows is on its last year. The more ya know!

Yeah, it wasn't just you hah. I think they could have made it a little bit clearer either with the PR copy or the announcement videos.

Just a very quick update! I'll acknowledge everything else later.... BUT the Paranormal Inc replacement is most definitely BLOODLINE!

20220820_180315.jpg
The facade FINALLY has movement. Definitely got that castle-vibe going.

Just a very quick update! I'll acknowledge everything else later.... BUT the Paranormal Inc replacement is most definitely BLOODLINE!

View attachment 17122
The facade FINALLY has movement. Definitely got that castle-vibe going.

Glad to see some movement on the facade. The map on the website still doesn't include the two new maze's locations which I find kind of weird.

• Angry
Reactions: Wesker69
The map on the website still doesn't include the two new maze's locations which I find kind of weird
I have no idea why Knott's is trying to be all secretive about these locations, especially now that they're announced.

Also where did you see the map? I looked & couldn't find it. Also I'm tired from work & not fully functional yet lol

I'm surprised Bloodline isn't in the Mystery Lodge location, it seems a good space for it. Lol they should have spiced up Dark Entities as a shooter, not at all practical of course.

I have no idea why Knott's is trying to be all secretive about these locations, especially now that they're announced.

Also where did you see the map? I looked & couldn't find it. Also I'm tired from work & not fully functional yet lol

If I had to guess, it’s possible the map was put on the site prior to the mazes being announced and just hasn’t been updated. Its under “View Attractions” on the site. There’s a list version and a map version.

Okay, so I've been too lazy to post this update... BUT the spooky is descending upon Knott's! These display windows are around the main Emporium giftshop in the marketplace! ENJOY!!!

20220820_235235.jpg
20220820_235224.jpg
20220820_234524.jpg
20220820_234542.jpg
20220820_234554.jpg
20220820_234615.jpg
20220820_234629.jpg

SPOOKY, SEXY, SKELETONS!
20220820_234938.jpg
20220820_235006.jpg
20220820_235022.jpg

WE NEED A HAUNTED MOVIE THEATRE MAZE!!
20220820_234756.jpg
20220820_234815.jpg
20220820_234829.jpg
***Sorry for the crappy quality. That stupid CableCar Kitchen marquee is the worst! I'll definitely be getting better shot without the awful reflection :chainsaw:

SPIDERS!!!
20220820_234736.jpg

If I had to guess, it’s possible the map was put on the site prior to the mazes being announced and just hasn’t been updated. Its under “View Attractions” on the site. There’s a list version and a map version.
i was told by Pasta that we aren't supposed to know the locations right now.

i was told by Pasta that we aren't supposed to know the locations right now
Which is incredibly dumb. There's literally no point in secrecy, besides the big plywood box of doom facade has already exposed the location of which maze it is. The event starts in a month, less games & more info.

Knott's should be more concerned with the upset fans & their lack of multi-night ticket/pass.

i was told by Pasta that we aren't supposed to know the locations right now.

Thanks for the update!
Which is incredibly dumb. There's literally no point in secrecy, besides the big plywood box of doom facade has already exposed the location of which maze it is. The event starts in a month, less games & more info.

Knott's should be more concerned with the upset fans & their lack of multi-night ticket/pass.

I mean, who knows. Maybe there is a reason we don't know the actual locations yet. Honestly, it's a 50/50 shot so it's not that big of a deal.

I do believe they need to figure out a better plan for their Scary Farm passes though. Like I had mentioned previously here I understand they are coming off of a few weird years with rollover passes, but they really should have given the general public a chance to get them. Even it was at a higher price and less quantities. Such a bummer.

20220902_090459.jpg
20220908_150126.jpg

So um... yea, from the things I've heard about "Bloodline", just lower your expectations now. It's pretty much not even close to ready & will be a complete dumpster fire. Basically "too ambitious" with no clear cohesive direction. Take that for what it's worth, we'll find out next week.

As for "Grimoire", it is very clear that THAT maze was meant for the 50th Anniversary, but... you know, 2020 derailed The Conductor's ghost train. From the media event they did the other week, it confirmed my theory of the Grimoire being Sarah Marshall's (Green Witch) & all the evils of Scary Farm escaped from the book. Which is also confirmed by this year's event shirt.

As for Pumpkin Eater & Dark Ride, they're retiring as is with no changes for one last scare.

You can see what the headlining maze is... and it is NOT Bloodline. I'm honestly not surprised.
20220902_085332.jpg
20220902_090408.jpg
20220908_145751.jpg

September 5th - Bloodline facade
20220905_092608.jpg

September 6th - Bloodline facade
20220906_122026.jpg

September 8th - Origins facade
20220908_154041.jpg

September 8th - Carnaval stage
20220908_155131.jpg

September 9th - Carnaval stage
20220909_155818.jpg

Timber Mountain Log Ride Halloween Hootenanny
20220908_154709.jpg
^"golden hour glow" - September 8th

September 8th - Charleston Circle fountain

20220908_155318.jpg
:pumpkin: we've got "Scared Boo" :pumpkin:
20220908_155415.jpg
20220908_155432.jpg
20220908_155453.jpg
20220909_155907.jpg
20220909_155918.jpg

I've got another wave or two of photo updates to post so.... hold onto your dooky, it's about to get spooky!

Personally I wouldn't read too much into their billboard art. In recent years, I've found Knott's advertising for Scary Farm is more about using some kind of eye catching key art to push dates out and less about their mazes.

As for the Bloodline rumors, I'll reserve judgement until opening night. I'm generally pretty willing to cut these events some slack for the first week since they generally are always tweaking things and fine tuning. Hopefully it all shakes out to be good!

Reactions: Water Bottle