Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Do you think Universal will leave SNW open during HHN? I could see them closing it like they did with Harry Potter before and just push the Day/Night tickets if you want to see the new land on event days.
Closed or not it will sell tickets

Day combos will be huge and if they do choose to keep it open then hot dam, what do lines look like at that point?

I know Japan decked out the land for the holidays, but did they ever do it for Halloween? The binoculars seem ripe for having some Boos float around at least.
But I hope USH can make a little event this summer for "other" Nintendo Ips and have meet and greets, themed food and new merch to start testing out how deep the love of these IP are. Like Pokemon and Zelda are a given but what about Metriod? Animal crossing? Spatoon? Pikman?
Never considered how they could use the plaza for an event like that. I'd be totally down for it if this is how they can incorporate other IP representation in the park, especially if they want to cash in on how Pokemon made its Universal debut in a parade in Japan. I doubt we'd see it this summer, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Leaving Mario Kart open during HHN would be a great way to control long house queues...we need it open!
I know, I hope they do but if not I get it. They want every single day/night ticket sold they can but i think either way the numbers will be around the same.

I think many will be making trips for both HHN and SNW.

I know Japan decked out the land for the holidays, but did they ever do it for Halloween? The binoculars seem ripe for having some Boos float around at least.
No, there are no changes to SNW whatsoever during the Halloween season at USJ. It does stay open during HHN though, although HHN hours at USJ are much shorter than in the U.S.

A big shame as there is so much potential for a Halloween overlay at SNW.

I hope Hollywood gets this soon. There's basically no daytime Halloween stuff for kids which I'd love to see at the park. As for HHN, I'd be terrified of what the Lower Lot would look like if they had 3 houses and SNW during opening year. Lower Lot gets crowded enough during HHN as is

It won’t be this year but I’d assume we get a new popcorn bucket each season and Seasonal updates to the land but not this year

We might get the snowman mario this year if we are lucky

I wonder if we're in another calm before the storm right now. Checked the app today and MKBC only has a 45 minute posted wait while everything else is 5-15 minutes, with 20 being the highest for SLOP. I am going to the park tomorrow, so it makes me wonder if I'll be fortunate.

I'm guessing May might also be the beginning of crowds picking up since that's when some college people are out of classes?

Ride is up to 120 mins but yeah crowds seem down. So if you have an extra sixk day or free time these are the weeks before it gets crazy until the end of summer

So from my experience yesterday, while there was a morning rush, the wait times just fizzled out over time to where MK's single rider was a walk-on much to my surprise. They didn't even use the virtual queue. However, MK did have its fair share of stalling before the finale on 90% of the times I rode it, and two times I got faulty AR, which is heralded by the dummy targets at the start not showing up.

Not sure if the ride stalls were just unlucky flukes on my part, but they ought to do some maintenance on some of the karts' AR unless that also tends to be a more unlucky kind of random fluke. Needless to say, faulty AR pretty much means you lose the race, though I still managed to get at least 100 coins despite it, surprisingly.

Also, I noticed an interesting hidden detail in the entrance music.
So as we all know, there's an 8 bit and orchestrated version of the music on the right and left sides respectively. However, on the 3rd panel of the left side, there's actually a ragtime piano version of the theme. I happened to catch it while I was just sitting down near it to take in the orchestrated half. I do have a recording, but since the forums don't support audio files, here's a link from when I sent it to myself on Discord. Should just be a direct download.

Interesting to know that we might see 3 different tracks instead of two for the gate if/when we get an official release of the land music.
On the subject of which, how long was it until IOA's music got a release? I remember hearing that there was some kind of release of their music in the past since one of them was apparently used in the JP era Jurassic Cafe.

I'm just hoping we get it someday, since as a fan of the games, I seriously can't get enough of the new arrangements that play in the land, which is why it's a blessing someone managed to get the ones from the Hollywood grand opening livestream (which Universal has since pulled the vod of from YouTube for some dumb reason). Though, I have a gut feeling they might wait until 2025 for once all 3 core Universal Parks regions have the land.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping we get it someday, since as a fan of the games, I seriously can't get enough of the new arrangements that play in the land, which is why it's a blessing someone managed to get the ones from the Hollywood grand opening livestream (which Universal has since pulled the vod of from YouTube for some dumb reason). Though, I have a gut feeling they might wait until 2025 for once all 3 core Universal Parks regions have the land.
The soundtrack for the land is incredible, I've been listening to it a lot in my free time. I really think lot of these arrangements are the best versions of these songs, and I appreciate some lesser known songs made the cut. I am hopeful that we will get an OST release at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was exclusively released at USJ. They might be waiting for the opening of the Donkey Kong area so that it can be included as well.

The soundtrack for the land is incredible, I've been listening to it a lot in my free time. I really think lot of these arrangements are the best versions of these songs, and I appreciate some lesser known songs made the cut. I am hopeful that we will get an OST release at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was exclusively released at USJ. They might be waiting for the opening of the Donkey Kong area so that it can be included as well.
At least the internet is a powerful thing. Once someone rips the songs and uploads it, it'll be fair game to get them somewhere. I didn't consider DKC's Japan opening at the very least, which means it'll be at least year away hopefully. Though I'm probably gonna stay away from those tracks until I either go to Japan or EU if that's the case. Hoping it's easy to separate the two so it's as simple as highlight + drag into another folder.

Also, I've updated my last post to include what's mentioned in the spoiler tag.

I also felt like sharing my recording of the orchestrated side of the theme, complete with a loop. (At least the 8 bit one is an easy recreation with Famitracker or whatever other methods to make 8 bit music.)

Last edited:
Seems MK is going to be a maintenance and operational challenge the park hasn’t really experienced before. I took friends on MK for the first time last week and the stalling really ruined the mood on an already underwhelming first ride experience that most guests have.

Just wrote about this in my trip report but i'll post something here as well.

What were my thoughts on Mario Kart? Fun enough, I went in with my expectations in check having heard mixed things but most certainly never, ever, waiting 2.5 hours again. If that means I don't ride this ride until years after EU is open then so be it. I'm fine with that. I think a solid comp for the ride is Men In Black and while I think a few more rides on MK would help solidify my position, i'd currently have to say MIB is better while being 20+ years older.

Now did I think the ride was big of a letdown as some had made it out to be when the land originally opened? No. It was a fun ride that everyone from 9-90 can enjoy fairly easily. I also didn't have an issue with the speed as I was focused on the game at hand in front of my face and there was some decent enough wind effects. It's a mediocre ride that just about every normie theme park goer will love.

Onto the land though. What the hell happened here? Yes, it looks great, no one's going to debate that, but after you've been on MK and met Princess Peach and seen Mario & Luigi, then you've done everything that there is to do that's free in the land. Two M&G's and a ride. Then if you want to do literally anything else you have to pay or jump through hoops.

Want to do some of the other things to do in the land? Gotta spend $40 so you can, if I have this right, be forced into waiting in line, playing, completing and getting a Key at each Key minigame location and then hope that you tap your band fast enough to actually collect the key. And only once you have all three keys can you do the Bowser Jr. "attraction". What a sham. Almost the entire land runs on those power up bands and to have entire minigames and Bowser Jr. behind a paywall is insane when the land only has one ride. At least in Orlando there will be three rides, but still.

Overall, the land didn't leave the best impression on me at all. As I told a local who asked me what I thought of it when we went hiking the following day - "Meh".

Onto the land though. What the hell happened here? Yes, it looks great, no one's going to debate that, but after you've been on MK and met Princess Peach and seen Mario & Luigi, then you've done everything that there is to do that's free in the land. Two M&G's and a ride. Then if you want to do literally anything else you have to pay or jump through hoops.
this is largely why I'm waiting until crowds die down to visit. it looks nice! the ride seems fun enough! but right now the juice isn't worth the squeeze.