Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wouldn't Summer be the same issue?
Summer has dropped off over the last few years, but still busy. Early April is the height of Spring Break, but late April through May is an ideal timeframe. The summer crowds don't typically arrive until the second week of June. We're only talking about a 5-month period (less w/ previews) using Lance's estimate of 5/11-12.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Interesting...I posted a similar guess a month ago on IU, which I based on the Mardi Gras closing early, in relation to a late Easter....and the termination date of the dining package......But, it probably depends on whether they can throw enough money at Epic to get it open that early.

Meme_ItsGonnaBeMay_Thumb_240404.jpg

Tomfoolery….. been quite lately!!!

But a staggered soft opening makes sense, unfortunately. I’d rather Ministry not open than be closed within first 2 hours of the park ever operating. This park is a challenge, as a consumer I’m willing to be patient with their product.

Tomfoolery….. been quite lately!!!

But a staggered soft opening makes sense, unfortunately. I’d rather Ministry not open than be closed within first 2 hours of the park ever operating. This park is a challenge, as a consumer I’m willing to be patient with their product.
I’m the worst and terribly impatient lmao, props to you!

For me, it wouldn’t be worth it to visit for the first time without Ministry. I *do* think it’ll be a struggle for potterheads if this happens since there’d only be the show, and you can’t hop on the hogwarts express to get more potter when you’re done with Paris. There’s tons to do outside of potter for sure, but staggered openings has shades of SWGE which drove me nuts

Reactions: LPCaptainDeath
1) The fine print states that it began back in June. I see no world where they knew the release date back then.
2) According to the fine print, the winner wouldn't be notified until roughly July 2nd. The booking would then have to be made at least 60 days in advance meaning the winner wouldn't be going any sooner than September 2025 or so.
3) The fine print doesn't include the word "opening" a single time nor is it part of the prize description.

I wouldn't read much into it tbh. /buzzkill

Last edited:
1) The fine print states that it began back in June. I see no world where they knew the release date back then.
2) According to the fine print, the winner wouldn't be notified until roughly July 2nd. The booking would then have to be made at least 60 days in advance meaning the winner wouldn't be going any sooner than September 2025 or so.
3) The fine print doesn't include the word "opening" a single time nor is it part of the prize description.

I wouldn't read much into it tbh. /buzzkill
Jan 2024 was when they officially started showing off the park via the video reveals. So perhaps around the same time if Universal feels the park is far along enough they could announce an opening date or window.