Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 369 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im confused why everyone seems to think it's going to be indoors, when family level Mack Spinners have all been outside the past few years. Especially as the Eticket is a dark ride.
I did a bit of work on it a few weeks back but never posted, I could see it being themedsimilar to Raik. I would add equally the inside/outside stuff Mack does with Arthur could also work, theres plenty of space especially if the track was to go over the service road into the area of the unpermitted warehouse we're unsure of, heres the analysis

I'm thinking it's indoors because I want it to be indoors

However, if they build it outside, I will allow it

This time.

Im confused why everyone seems to think it's going to be indoors, when family level Mack Spinners have all been outside the past few years. Especially as the Eticket is a dark ride.
I did a bit of work on it a few weeks back but never posted, I could see it being themedsimilar to Raik. I would add equally the inside/outside stuff Mack does with Arthur could also work, theres plenty of space especially if the track was to go over the service road into the area of the unpermitted warehouse we're unsure of, heres the analysis

I think it'll be indoors because I think they want to avoid the IOA issue of too many outdoor rides. But I do see your point that if it's a Mack spinner (we don't know yet) they haven't done an indoor one yet.

Indoors allows for more control over thematic elements (i.e. lighting, which is particularly important for "spooky" attractions), and since the rest of the park's coasters are going to be entirely/mostly outdoors, having the theoretical Monsters one be indoors would differentiate it further.

Doesn't mean they have to do it that way, obviously.

I think this is fine compared to IOA. Each land has a big dark ride/show to compensate for poor weather, plus dining in each land (some multiple locations), so it doesn’t need to be indoors per say, but, I think it should be.

Depending on the theming, day time and night time could be 2 very different experiences.

This is a great point. Hagrid’s takes place in the forbidden Forest - a notoriously dangerous locale in HP. We still get the moody darkness in the show scene. A fun ride’s a fun ride.

Here's a fun POV of a Mack Spinner outside

It's called Storm Chasers at Paulton's park

This could be really fun if they extended the length and added a ton of theming around it

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Mack spinner

Something else I'd like to see is the next gen Vekoma suspended concept

since we lost DD and all

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyc00n96
I think this is fine compared to IOA. Each land has a big dark ride/show to compensate for poor weather, plus dining in each land (some multiple locations), so it doesn’t need to be indoors per say, but, I think it should be.

There are only 4 indoor rides. Carousel for the hub, Mario for SNW (Yoshi goes outdoors - why in Florida beats me, unless they put a roof over it like the People Mover), main Monsters ride, and (as of now) 1 dark ride at Potter if we aren't getting VR from the start.

HTTYD has a theater show.

IOA has 5 outdoor rides (unless they've made changes since the announcement). IOA has Storm Force, Spiderman, Kong, Forbidden Journey and Cat in the Hat.

Indoor attractions:
-Mario Kart
-Monsters E-ticket
-Potter Ride 1
-Potter Ride 2
-Potter Show
-Hub Flat
-Dragons Show

Also, I've never understood the site's obsession with stuff being outdoors. Yea, it rains in Florida. So what? People like having outdoor attractions, especially when it comes to coasters.
People also like having stuff to do in the rain. There has to be a balance of both.

Also, are we sure the second Potter ride is still happening? It was supposedly moved to USF, then cancelled. Apparently Universal didn't know that Potter already had VR attractions?

People also like having stuff to do in the rain. There has to be a balance of both.

Also, are we sure the second Potter ride is still happening? It was supposedly moved to USF, then cancelled. Apparently Universal didn't know that Potter already had VR attractions?
I'm pretty sure the permits for where the VR attraction would've been were paid for. But since that's cancelled, I wonder what is planned instead

I'm pretty sure the permits for where the VR attraction would've been were paid for. But since that's cancelled, I wonder what is planned instead

I believe based on Alicia’s reporting there were two different but related batches of permits. One for FF and one for EU. The EU set was paid in full - the FF is the one that is shown as cancelled. But I may be combining the permits.

I believe based on Alicia’s reporting there were two different but related batches of permits. One for FF and one for EU. The EU set was paid in full - the FF is the one that is shown as cancelled. But I may be combining the permits.
Pretty sure you're right. Which begs the question, if the VR attraction isn't going in that building in EU, what is

Reactions: belloq87
Correct. Only the Fear Factor project number was listed as canceled.

But we have very little info about the structure permitted at Epic. For all we know they could end up just pouring a foundation and put off building a building till they need it years from now.

Reactions: Nico

There will be a second Potter ride. I'll be flabbergasted if there isn't.

Outdoor attractions:
-DK
-Yoshi
-Hub Coaster
-Monsters Coaster
-HTTYD Coaster
-Skyfly
-Boat Ride

So the split is pretty even.

Thats the one in my overlay

Here's a fun POV of a Mack Spinner outside

It's called Storm Chasers at Paulton's park

This could be really fun if they extended the length and added a ton of theming around it

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Mack spinner

Something else I'd like to see is the next gen Vekoma suspended concept

since we lost DD and all

Reactions: shiekra38
In the terms of a potential Mack-Rides spinning coaster, wouldn't they rather opt for an original layout than to do something with a cloned layout from Sierra Sidewinder at Knotts (Yes, that's the same layout as Sierra Sidewinder).

I'd also have to think they're aware of differentiating it from Cobra's Curse--a large and advanced Mack-Ride's spinning coaster, and Cosmic Rewind, which is Disney's go at a proper "story" coaster. I'd argue an indoor/outdoor darkcoaster with the spinning coaster, added in with the show building masked like Kong's, would be a great idea. Have theming like Raik for the external bits, and the interior portions being chased by The Wolfman in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.