Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 370 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we assuming the theme will be Wolfman and not Dracula or Invisible Man.

Out of the other supporting monsters (that isn't Creature), Dracula and Wolfman comes to mind, but I'd argue Wolfman would be the better option.

Theme it to carriages being attacked by Wolfman, and as the vehicles are damaged, it then enables the spinning due to Wolfman. Could even play with it if there is a separate unload, having something similar to the initially planned Amber Mine coaster of the wood cars being painted to show damage at certain lights.

How are they gonna them an attraction to the Invisible Man? Is the theming going to be air lmao
Don't disrespect the only Universal monster with a over 100 person kill count. Also the one monster who killed just for the heck of it. The rest didn't kill intentionally especially the wolfman.
Out of the other supporting monsters (that isn't Creature), Dracula and Wolfman comes to mind, but I'd argue Wolfman would be the better option.

Theme it to carriages being attacked by Wolfman, and as the vehicles are damaged, it then enables the spinning due to Wolfman. Could even play with it if there is a separate unload, having something similar to the initially planned Amber Mine coaster of the wood cars being painted to show damage at certain lights.

I think the Invisible man works the best if they can combine the ride vehicle with the same tech used for alien encounter/stitch. you start inside how the film begins with a stormy winter night show scene, then inside the hotel with the an AA invisible man revealing he in invisible and after us so we don't tell our tale....leading to a indoor/outdoor snowy mountain themed coaster ride as we feel his breath and him whispering in our ears as he is after us.

I'd still argue that doesn't give much of an opportunity for anything to happen, outside of the interior portion having blacklight.

If they were to do Wolfman, they'd very easily be able to have it be themed to carriage rides in the forest fields of Transylvania. Have it inter-connect with the forest play-area, before diving into the showbuilding where you use projection mapping as The Wolfman carves into the trains, causing the damage. "Carriage rides through forests go wrong" feels on-point with Monsters, exceedingly so.

Are we not assuming the Wolf Man is going to appear in the main dark ride? And if so, would it not be a little odd to base another separate attraction around him? I mean, I love the character, so I'm fine with him having his own attraction.

In Creature's case, I've been assuming he wouldn't be in the dark ride, thereby justifying his own boat ride.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I'd still argue that doesn't give much of an opportunity for anything to happen, outside of the interior portion having blacklight.

If they were to do Wolfman, they'd very easily be able to have it be themed to carriage rides in the forest fields of Transylvania. Have it inter-connect with the forest play-area, before diving into the showbuilding where you use projection mapping as The Wolfman carves into the trains, causing the damage. "Carriage rides through forests go wrong" feels on-point with Monsters, exceedingly so.

They would have to make the coaster area Wales to keep the ride in canon with the Wolfman series. As he only did senseless attacks mainly when he didn't realize who he was in Wales.

The overall land is Germany though (it's the only location where Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman shared within the film series) ...not Transylvania (only Dracula took place in Translyvania). (Castle Frankenstein is part of the Hamburg region of Germany). Wolfman takes place in Wales. The meet ups take place in Germany. The issue though is during that time frame of the meetup, Talbot was able to mainly control his powers and his attacks as the wolfman. It wouldn't be something goes wrong and the wolfman attacks...we the riders would have had to anger him for him to transform and attack.

There is another option which does involve the wolfman and dracula and another monster like creature that fits well. House of Dracula, the wolfman and dracula are trying to get cured of their afflictions. They both go to see Dr Edelmann who says he will cure them but takes their blood to turn into himself into a monster...wolfman and dracula chasing him while Dr Edelmann trying to kill us would be a even more thrilling ride than anything else and fit the canon.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
They would have to make the coaster area Wales to keep the ride in canon with the Wolfman series. As he only did senseless attacks mainly when he didn't realize who he was in Wales.

The overall land is Germany though (it's the only location where Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman shared within the film series) ...not Transylvania (only Dracula took place in Translyvania). (Castle Frankenstein is part of the Hamburg region of Germany). Wolfman takes place in Wales. The meet ups take place in Germany. The issue though is during that time frame of the meetup, Talbot was able to mainly control his powers and his attacks as the wolfman. It wouldn't be something goes wrong and the wolfman attacks...we the riders would have had to anger him for him to transform and attack.

There is another option which does involve the wolfman and dracula and another monster like creature that fits well. House of Dracula, the wolfman and dracula are trying to get cured of their afflictions. They both go to see Dr Edelmann who says he will cure them but takes their blood to turn into himself into a monster...wolfman and dracula chasing him while Dr Edelmann trying to kill us would be a even more thrilling ride than anything else and fit the canon.
I really don’t think they’re thinking that hard about aligning canon for a new land with various public domain IPs.

The characters of Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster (and werewolves, mummies, mad scientists, etc.) may be public domain, but you want to capitalize on the Universal versions of these characters, not generic stand-ins.

That doesn't mean you have to be wedded to the literal continuity of the classic films (because even those movies don't perfectly maintain continuity!), but I would certainly hope to see more than just a perfunctory or cursory influence.

I have a feeling a new ip is brewing, a big one.
Not sure but how things are shifting between Universal Studios and Epic Universe there could be something up.
And I want an Uncharted attraction. The movie is doing great and the games are a ton of fun.

Sorry had to edit: Used the wrong quotes.

Im not sure the GP knows the canon for the monsters as well as something like HP. Which, even in the same park, the rumor is multiple locations will be used for Potter.

Are we not assuming the Wolf Man is going to appear in the main dark ride? And if so, would it not be a little odd to base another separate attraction around him? I mean, I love the character, so I'm fine with him having his own attraction.

In Creature's case, I've been assuming he wouldn't be in the dark ride, thereby justifying his own boat ride.

I don’t think it needs to be mutually exclusive. Hagrid is in FJ and in Hagrid’s - and isn’t his voice in Hippogriff?

Last edited:
When I think of a perfectly balanced indoor/outdoor family coaster, I think of the dragon coaster down at Legoland. It has a very decent length dark ride section and a good coaster section. if universal can pull that off, with a spinning coaster design, I see it as a win. Especially if the queue could weave in and out of the coaster area via buildings and structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.