Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 371 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuka = Frankenstein’s lab (at least as the starting point)

Coaster = I don’t know, but Dracula or Wolfman would be my first guesses.. just based on name recognition alone

(And I really believe it will be outside)

Reactions: RFRees
I mean, what was Islands described as when it debut? I think we are kinda expecting much more than what universal is going to give us. I say expect what they already have done, SNW and the potter areas. This is the same park that will feature the Yoshi adventure ride. What's that immersive storyline lol. I can see this being as immersive as the hippogriff. Ok, maye a step above that but I am not expecting Velocicoaster level of immersion. For crying outloud, this park will have a splash battle and a skyflyer. I am not expecting to literally transport me into different places where the staff were hand picked to try into the area. Again, I am expecting more of what they did with potter and the new park that just opened.

Reactions: UPSguy
I mean, what was Islands described as when it debut? I think we are kinda expecting much more than what universal is going to give us. I say expect what they already have done, SNW and the potter areas. This is the same park that will feature the Yoshi adventure ride. What's that immersive storyline lol. I can see this being as immersive as the hippogriff. Ok, maye a step above that but I am not expecting Velocicoaster level of immersion. For crying outloud, this park will have a splash battle and a skyflyer. I am not expecting to literally transport me into different places where the staff were hand picked to try into the area. Again, I am expecting more of what they did with potter and the new park that just opened.
I mean we’ve seen one of the lands already with Nintendo so it’s clear they keep everything within theme. Not that it needs deep lore, but keep it in theme is all we’re asking. An unthemed coaster in the woods would be disappointing.

1645701636672.png
Here's a photo for reference as to what Universal has created (layout wise) with the Mack Rides Spinning Coaster ride system (not the Mack Rides Extreme Spinning Coaster). Space Fantasy is more most importantly an indoor ride that was able to fit inside of Japan's ET Adventure.

If this new Monsters Coaster is outdoors, I still think we could see a "continuous loading station" along with a low height requirement. Space Fantasy is 102 cm (aka around 40" tall), meaning this new Monsters Coaster might be a good ride for everyone to ride. Even if this coaster grows its lift hills in height due to it not having indoor limitations, other Mack Spinners like Cobra's Curse allow people at 42" tall to ride but they just need a ride with a person 14 years of age or older.

Last edited:
I am not expecting to literally transport me into different places where the staff were hand picked to try into the area.
From what I can remember and what's been posted in the past, before it was Epic Universe it was Fantastic Worlds(?). With that old name in mind and the center of the new park being space-themed, you can see on the concept art it appears there's portals/gateways for each land.

So in a way, yes, walking through each of these portal is supposed to literally transport you to different places. :tease: That's how it all fits so far as I understand it (more of a concept/idea rather than a story). I half expect to see lore to be uncovered within the hub or something to fill in some of that detail.

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor
Outdoor family-ish coaster in the Monsters area? Hmmmm…..

I don’t think this will be a spinning coaster or a Mack suspended coaster. Personally I feel like Thirteen at Alton Towers would fit the bill. It’s an outdoor family coaster through the woods that would fit the aesthetic here. I hope it’s something a little bit more thrilling than that as I found Thirteen to be a pretty bland ride, even with the drop track.

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm still on the position of the need to make it different from Cobra's Curse and Cosmic Rewind, if it's the Mack-Ride's spinning coaster. Even if the latter example is not Mack-Ride's developed, I would argue an outdoor/indoor coaster with a portion surrounding the play area makes way too much sense. Adds kinetic flow for more of the land proper too.

I don’t think this will be a spinning coaster or a Mack suspended coaster. Personally I feel like Thirteen at Alton Towers would fit the bill. It’s an outdoor family coaster through the woods that would fit the aesthetic here. I hope it’s something a little bit more thrilling than that as I found Thirteen to be a pretty bland ride, even with the drop track.
you just described Hagrids, or rather the family friendly version of hagrids that HTTYD land is getting

Could we see the famed Wooden Coaster someone was raving about?
No park that sees the numbers UOR does would put a woody in their park considering how quickly they degenerate and the time needed to relaminate/maintain each year to stop another Gwazi situation happening. which leads ibox, RMC business model is not to build bespoke highly themed coasters. And if you were going to build a ride with steel track why bother making it wood frame if you need to cover up. Other manufacturers are building similar elements in their rides in steel these days anyway. But regardless these aren't accessible. Comfort collar drama aside, look at what SWO are doing with Ice Breaker. the point is there are plenty of family options out there, and if its Mack like has been speculated on here its very clear what options there are.

you just described Hagrids, or rather the family friendly version of hagrids that HTTYD land is getting

No park that sees the numbers UOR does would put a woody in their park considering how quickly they degenerate and the time needed to relaminate/maintain each year to stop another Gwazi situation happening. which leads ibox, RMC business model is not to build bespoke highly themed coasters. And if you were going to build a ride with steel track why bother making it wood frame if you need to cover up. Other manufacturers are building similar elements in their rides in steel these days anyway. But regardless these aren't accessible. Comfort collar drama aside, look at what SWO are doing with Ice Breaker. the point is there are plenty of family options out there, and if its Mack like has been speculated on here its very clear what options there are.

Hypothetically, wouldn't they do a wooden coaster with the steel supports that have been more common to reduce the need to relaminate and maintain?

GCI, RMC, and Gravity Group have been shifting to steel supports, with GCI's Invadr and the upcoming dubai coaster having steel supports. I'd imagine if they go with a wood coaster, it'd be only for the track and not with the structure as a whole. I still think this Monsters coaster is still the Mack-Rides spinning coaster, mind you; but it's something fair to speak on.

I wonder if RMC has any kind of exclusivity contract within a certain market area?
Why would they? It's not like a particular park paid them to develop a particular style of coaster for exclusive rights. We often hear about these "contracts" but I have yet to actually see one.

so the HTTYD coaster but with or without the drop track of hagrids. . .

Hypothetically, wouldn't they do a wooden coaster with the steel supports that have been more common to reduce the need to relaminate and maintain?
You'd still have to replace the wooden track. . .
Universal ran a park with a wooden coaster before and from what I hear, they did NOT take care of it that well so i'd rather not see a wooden coaster at any universal parks.

Last edited:
Reactions: fryoj
Why would they? It's not like a particular park paid them to develop a particular style of coaster for exclusive rights. We often hear about these "contracts" but I have yet to actually see one.

Quite often manufacturers will cut deals with parks for exclusives if they commit to buying more. Busch/SeaWorld has/had a contract that kept competitors from being able to purchase B&M coasters in the same market area. If they did something similar with RMC they may have an exclusive for the market area (central FL) for a certain time period as long as they buy more for other parks.

Reactions: shiekra38
Status
Not open for further replies.