Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 423 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, from my understanding you will need a hopper. I am an AP of 13 years, so I don't have any plans to stop going to Uni or stop hopping. I love the idea of Universal upselling people off of 1day/1park.

I was going to ask about the park hopper pass situation. You guys answered it already. I'm assuming they will have an entry gate once you get off and flow into WWOHP.

Yes, again from reports on this forum, when you disembark the HE, you will need to present your hopper ticket at an entry gate in order to proceed into that park, otherwise turnaround and get back on HE with all the other wizards who washed-out at Hogwarts.

Yes, again from reports on this forum, when you disembark the HE, you will need to present your hopper ticket at an entry gate in order to proceed into that park, otherwise turnaround and get back on HE with all the other wizards who washed-out at Hogwarts.

:pound:

Thanks Mike. I wonder if they will just have one ticket to enter both park, and just do away with the park hopper. It almost seems crazy to have a mid-park entrance. I guess it could work if done properly. How busy would the lines get once your off at Hogwarts? Of course this would never work and I'm sure they will think of a smart way to regulate the entering and exiting of Hogwarts Express patrons.

Isn't this already being done at Disneyland? The monorail runs through Disneyland park but also has a stop in Downtown Disney. You can ride and exit in DD, have lunch then hop back on the monorail to go back into the park? (With tickets of course.)

It's not exactly the same but sort of similar. I'm taking my first trip to Disneyland in a week, so I may be entirely off here, but that's my understanding from trip reports I've read.

Thanks Mike. I wonder if they will just have one ticket to enter both park, and just do away with the park hopper. It almost seems crazy to have a mid-park entrance. I guess it could work if done properly. How busy would the lines get once your off at Hogwarts? Of course this would never work and I'm sure they will think of a smart way to regulate the entering and exiting of Hogwarts Express patrons.

But not everyone is there to see Potter, and not everyone wants to do both parks in a day. There's still a market for 1-park/day tickets. Plus, if you think about it, Universal (and any business) would probably hope for return visits. These 1-park/day tickets give another option and encourages people to go again, being cheaper that having to buy a 2-park/day ticket if they wanna visit again. Universal makes more money all around this way. More income from tickets, food and beverage, and merchandise purchased during multiple days.

True, I'm just still interested to see how they pull off connecting the parks. Should be a fun ride! This anticipation is killing me, I have been following since they removed the Jaws ride. I like all the progress photos that people are posting on this thread. Good stuff!

True, I'm just still interested to see how they pull off connecting the parks. Should be a fun ride! This anticipation is killing me, I have been following since they removed the Jaws ride. I like all the progress photos that people are posting on this thread. Good stuff!

Somewhere in this thread or was it in my stash?? Eh anyways somewhere around here I broke down how the process will work. You don't have to believe it but if your interested its around.

Ok, Thanks! I'll attempt to search for it, your stash has far less pages. This thread has quite a few pages, I only started reading this thread recently after using other sites for info. I think I chose the best site!

Ok, Thanks! I'll attempt to search for it, your stash has far less pages. This thread has quite a few pages, I only started reading this thread recently after using other sites for info. I think I chose the best site!

You sure did :thumbs:

From today.

HE1ou_zpsb3b7fcb8.jpg
[/IMG]

HE2ou_zps5da1e8f1.jpg
[/IMG]

& if I didnt see it mentioned here, I never woudl've noticed you can still see the FJ showbuilding, is this what many of you were referring to?

Showbuildingou_zps9b4da587.jpg
[/IMG]

Some Gringott's-

G1ou_zps3d70418e.jpg
[/IMG]

G3ou_zpsf72429d8.jpg
[/IMG]

G7ou_zps0e3bec27.jpg
[/IMG]

G8ou_zpsf5a40dd7.jpg
[/IMG]

& I think the "tourists" arent there to necessarilly stop you from taking photos there, but rather to make sure you dont go overboard or do something stupid to get over the wall shots, as I thaught the perfect spot would be from atop that concrete wall on one of the pillars.. I imagine Im not the only one, && theyre probably there to make sure no one gets any ideas-

G10ou_zpsb343f4a0.jpg
[/IMG]

touristsuo_zps718450b2.jpg
[/IMG]

I took pictures with these 2 following me, but they didnt say anything to me or even acknowledged I was there.

^ That is because they are not there to stop pictures... they are trying to entertain in a dead area and justify their jobs entertaining. Just tell them you are trying to take sneaky pictures and they will probably help you out. :wave:

^ That is because they are not there to stop pictures... they are trying to entertain in a dead area and justify their jobs entertaining. Just tell them you are trying to take sneaky pictures and they will probably help you out. :wave:

Oh I wouldnt doubt that, remember Im just theorizing here, just for the fun of it. But I'm not willing to risk getting in trouble by going up on that wall & find out the hard way!!

Isn't this already being done at Disneyland? The monorail runs through Disneyland park but also has a stop in Downtown Disney. You can ride and exit in DD, have lunch then hop back on the monorail to go back into the park? (With tickets of course.)

It's not exactly the same but sort of similar. I'm taking my first trip to Disneyland in a week, so I may be entirely off here, but that's my understanding from trip reports I've read.

The monorail doesn't stop at DTD, it stops at all the Magic Kingdom resorts and Epcot o_O

You might be confused lol but it's close to the same concept, the HE is more of a ride than it is a mode of transportation that's what it was supposed to be, but now you can also compare it to the DW monorail system, just upgraded.

The monorail doesn't stop at DTD, it stops at all the Magic Kingdom resorts and Epcot o_O

You might be confused lol but it's close to the same concept, the HE is more of a ride than it is a mode of transportation that's what it was supposed to be, but now you can also compare it to the DW monorail system, just upgraded.

He or she was referring to Disneyland, where the monorail travels from the park to Downtown Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.