Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

But this is a speculation forum right? We can speculate on it?

You've asked about announcements 3 times in the past week.

So I’m guessing late May for our next announcement? And one of the originals or scare zones?

When do you guys think we will get the next announcement- and what?

So we are definitely thinking original next?

All I'm saying is ease up.

I think this will be an interesting year for the return of 3D. 2 potential properties for this is HO1C -as I’m pretty sure it was 3D at Hollywood. The other one I would welcome the more so over HO1C to be 3D would be GhostBusters - I think they could do a lot with effects

I think this will be an interesting year for the return of 3D. 2 potential properties for this is HO1C -as I’m pretty sure it was 3D at Hollywood. The other one I would welcome the more so over HO1C to be 3D would be GhostBusters - I think they could do a lot with effects

I could see 3D being used to better effect for GB if it came down to one or the other. Slimer and the library ghost instantly cone to mind for it

I could see 3D being used to better effect for GB if it came down to one or the other. Slimer and the library ghost instantly cone to mind for it

I think there might be a scene in GB similar in nature to the trick 'r treat house last year. At one point in the trick r' treat house you'd look up this pseudo stair way and see a really good projection of Sam followed by a flash of lightning and him disappearing... which lead into the next scene where a sam actor would appear like he had teleported through walls into the following room.

A similar effect could be used for Slimer where you see a psuedo hallway with slimer turning toward you and running through a wall... then as you continue on, you get a jump scare form the opposing side from a slimer actor/animatron in the following room.

Its very efficient and a good way to make the most of the limited space available when we all know they would have to build a massive space to fit the stay puff marshmellow scene.

So, i came up a dumb idea to represent slimermin the maze. Get a blackout actor [actor covered in black], and paint on the chest and arms a realistic looking slimer, then position the actor against a black wall, boom now you have a slimer floating and running towards you.

So, i came up a dumb idea to represent slimermin the maze. Get a blackout actor [actor covered in black], and paint on the chest and arms a realistic looking slimer, then position the actor against a black wall, boom now you have a slimer floating and running towards you.

I think to stay true/ respectful to the character it will have to be some kind of puppet or peppers ghost effect.

I was thinking about it and they could do Stay Puft like they did the Hunter in Resident Evil. Speaking of which, I could honestly see the “outdoors” scenes of Ghostbusters borrowing pretty heavily from Resident Evil’s sets, mostly because of how huge they were which would be true to Ghostbusters.

Also a question about Tent 3, have they ever had a stilt walker in there? Not sure how they’d have Tiny for HO1C in there without a stilt

I was thinking about it and they could do Stay Puft like they did the Hunter in Resident Evil. Speaking of which, I could honestly see the “outdoors” scenes of Ghostbusters borrowing pretty heavily from Resident Evil’s sets, mostly because of how huge they were which would be true to Ghostbusters.

Also a question about Tent 3, have they ever had a stilt walker in there? Not sure how they’d have Tiny for HO1C in there without a stilt
yeah they used stilts for tiny in hollywood. all i personally want is a fried chicken smell, and fishboy.

If they could do a mini facade or something with Gozers building with the lights flickering and her voice like Poltergeist that would be amazing.

Funny you should ask, because I was just looking at the October calendar for IOA/USF to see what was going on. The hours for USF that night are consistent with the hours of every single other HHN night:

76NChyX.png

I also checked the IOA park hours, and they have a normal closing time of 8pm - so there's definitely not a two park buyout:

7SfbuCT.png

So it looks like there's either going to be some kind of special, separately ticketed premium night, or someone/some company dropped A LOT of cash to buy out only USF or only HHN for one night during the peak of haunt season.

Funny you should ask, because I was just looking at the October calendar for IOA/USF to see what was going on. The hours for USF that night are consistent with the hours of every single other HHN night:

76NChyX.png

I also checked the IOA park hours, and they have a normal closing time of 8pm - so there's definitely not a two park buyout:

7SfbuCT.png

So it looks like there's either going to be some kind of special, separately ticketed premium night, or someone/some company dropped A LOT of cash to buy out only USF or only HHN for one night during the peak of haunt season.
Thanks for the great reply! Now I’m curious when they’ll announce the why. If it is a special, separately ticketed night, I’ll keep that week for my visit. If it’s a private buyout, I will move it. Or just get a job with whichever company that may be. ;)

You can do that every year.

*waits for @mystiquephreeq to talk the Legions*

Do you really want me to? Because I can. I think we need to wait for all the originals true stories to guarantee an accurate Legion placement.

Let’s breakdown the classic monsters since they are actually listed on the Lineages.

Baccanoid - The Invisible Man

Cerebin - Wolfman and The Creature. We can place the Nightingales here because they are listed on the lineage.

Kerezan - The Mummy and Frankenstein’s monster

Maschorian - The Bride of Frankenstein

Morphan - The Phantom of the Opera

Strengoit - Nosferatu and Dracula