Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

Lines don't compromise someone's safety, Throwing off weight distribution on a ride vehicle does. It doesn't matter whether or not something is your fault, it's still a risk against other riders. It's like letting someone on with a broken leg. It may not of been their fault, but that large plastic boot on your foot can cause a lot of damage if it slips off.
Trust me that extra 100 lbs isn't going to compromise safety on a multi-ton vehicle. Its not like the people who design rides don't take into consideration variable weights. Unless your Disney with boat rides

Not that same at all. One of the big risks of large people is the pull down lap bars not securing the smaller people in the car. I have heard stories of children being flung around dangerously on rides with obese parents.
The vast majority of obese people are that way due to lifestyle choices, the same can't be said for those in wheelchairs.
Asking a park to make changes to accommodate people who make a lifestyle choice that includes poor eating habits, and lack of exercise is a self indulgent attitude.

Any park that does;t do individual lap bars is asking for trouble even without obese. Just a regular person and a skinny kid can be an issue. (There's a reason they disappeared from ToT). The only ride I can think of here that uses an across the board lap bar is Jurassic Park but even that isn't really much of a restraint for anyone

The problem with this anti-obesity argument is that there are many people who are overweight due to legitimate health issues and to target all obese people as not belonging makes these people who can't help it feel like they aren't welcome either. I think reasonable accommodations can and should be made. 4 seats on a Hulk coaster train is fine. Oversize seating on rides is fine. If the ride can't be modified to accommodate certain guests, then the majority will understand and will look at these other rides that have been modified to see that Universal cares to make people feel welcome regardless of disability or lack of self-control.

Not that same at all. One of the big risks of large people is the pull down lap bars not securing the smaller people in the car.

I know this is getting off topic, but...

I agree with this post. As a thin guy, I don't worry about falling out of the restraints on rides, but I do get jostled around more since they don't always hold me firmly in place. When I'm on Transformers or Spiderman with larger guests in my row, the lap bar is doing nothing to hold me in place and I slide around a considerable amount.

Of course if they sized everything to fit me perfectly, half of the guests wouldn't fit at all. My point being that the further you go in one direction to accommodate people of a particular body type, the worse the fit is for people with other body types. The reality is that it is not feasible to provide seats and restraints that safely and comfortably fit every body type. I think Universal does a good job trying to accommodate the majority of the population.

My office took a trip to busch gardens two weeks ago and quite a few times my body building coworkers had to do the walk of shame even though they weren't fat but just big with muscles. A morale trip ended up becoming a sad day trip due to the fact we couldn't do many things all together.

I get the anti-obesity argument. However, many people of different shape, sizes and lifestyles live in America. People go to these places usually with family and friends in hopes to enjoy activities together. I commend Universal for having modified seats on their rides.

As a broad shouldered tall guy (around 6'4") with a tiny leg length (32"), I'm all torso. I can't fit in the regular seats at all. Every time I try I have to hunch like a C and my trapezius ends up getting pinched at the restraint hinge. Modified is the only way I can ride. I'm 175 pounds so it's not always about obesity, sometimes it's just weird body types.

I have a good friend that is 6'8", close to 300 pounds, and a leg length of 42". Oddly enough, he can fit in the regular seats but his legs just end up bent higher. TMs do deny him on the Rockit though just based on overall height.

Uh...anyways I'm thrilled to be able to ride front row. Something I haven't been physically able to do since I was 15.

Completely new. The one outside before was flat.

I think hes reffering to the one that sits outside the building viewable from the rear side of dr. Doom. But yeah this one is completely new. I would love to see the flat one near the on ride photo area. I hope they didnt get rid of it completely

I think hes reffering to the one that sits outside the building viewable from the rear side of dr. Doom. But yeah this one is completely new. I would love to see the flat one near the on ride photo area. I hope they didnt get rid of it completely
That Hulk is the one they literally wheel out for special after hours events at MSHI. It is a nice centerpiece but not very impressive up close.

If they don't reuse it and it goes into the prop store, it could fetch a pretty penny.

My first impression of the courtyard for Hulk reminded me of what Cedar Fair has done for courtyards for their newest coasters (i.e. Valravn, Fury 325, Banshee etc.) Really like the aesthetic because before, the courtyard area just felt like a big cluster of people and you kind of seeped into the entrance. Like...water through a crack in the ground...