Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're the Triceratops animatronics removed because they were planning on going through with some JP expansion plans? I assume those plans were shelved.

I don't remember the legs on that Brachiosaurus being that bad when I was there, but this particular puppet has been around for years. I'm certain Universal Orlando would be able to come up with something more realistic nowadays. It was just always a hit with young and old, and to have the Raptor Experience and a veggie-a-saurus periodically walk through the land would be pretty well rounded in my opinion.

It'd be pretty neat to see Universal do for Jurassic World what Disney has done with Frozen in and outside their parks (minus the laughably slapped-together "summer" event), thereby keeping the movie fresh in people's minds until they can announce a new attraction based off of it, as will probably end up being the case. I mean, better to see this movie on every shelf, cart, poster, commercial, billboard, and plastic lunchbox (how ironic that would be) at/pertaining to/outside the parks for the next few months than some overrated Disney princess movie :tongue:

It'd be pretty neat to see Universal do for Jurassic World what Disney has done with Frozen in and outside their parks (minus the laughably slapped-together "summer" event), thereby keeping the movie fresh in people's minds until they can announce a new attraction based off of it, as will probably end up being the case. I mean, better to see this movie on every shelf, cart, poster, commercial, billboard, and plastic lunchbox (how ironic that would be) at/pertaining to/outside the parks for the next few months than some overrated Disney princess movie :tongue:

Some possible crossover attractions in case Universal needs some help on special events.
Curious George meets Jurassic World, what happens when a life-size T-Rex meets a life-size monkey.
Barney and Friends and his new bigger more hungry friends.
Thing 1, Thing 2, and what the hell is that Thing?!?!?!?!

I just watched Jurassic Park and saw Dr Ellie Sattler dive into some amazing pile of dino poop.
Disney now canceling their poop offering, would it be time for Universal to offer dino-dropping-treats?
;)

Finally did Raptor Encounter. At first I thought it would just be a little photo op, but the way it is done with the trainer etc, really nice. You get a minute or so and the trainer and Raptor really make it awesome, especially if you act with them and don't just treat it as a photo op, then it is wow!

Reactions: Mad Dog
What do you guys think of Hollywood's raptor encounter? At least the actors legs are hidden unlike the one in Singapore.

Is it just me or is that thing significantly larger than the puppets used in Orlando (let alone the movies)? I recently saw a video about the making of Jurassic Park in which they show that many of the shots of the velociraptor were done with actors in suits (I had previously thought it was primarily robotics/cgi)- you'd think they would be able to just reproduce a few of those suits with the money that's being spent on the parks right now...

Is it just me or is that thing significantly larger than the puppets used in Orlando (let alone the movies)? I recently saw a video about the making of Jurassic Park in which they show that many of the shots of the velociraptor were done with actors in suits (I had previously thought it was primarily robotics/cgi)- you'd think they would be able to just reproduce a few of those suits with the money that's being spent on the parks right now...

Well yeah, it's larger, but it has to fit a full person inside and keep them cool and able to see/act. It's not the movies, so it's not really a fair comparison.

I think Orlando's is best compared to Hollywood and Singapore...not too sure about compared to Japan's though...from what I've seen in videos, their costume looks cooler.

I cannot believe how much Jurassic World signage and branding has appeared at Islands. Thunder Falls, Jurassic Outfitters, and even a large section of the main store at Port of Entry are all Worlded out. I know some of it has been up for a few weeks, but I noticed new banners and signs inside the stores and restaurants that weren't there the last time I walked through. I posted a more thorough photo report here, but the highlights are below.

Thunder Falls Terrace

P1040853-1024x768.jpg

P1040861-1024x768.jpg

P1040873-1024x768.jpg

P1040876-1024x768.jpg

P1040878-1024x768.jpg

P1040862-768x1024.jpg

P1040866-1024x768.jpg

P1040865-1024x768.jpg

Jurassic Outfitters

P1040803-1024x768.jpg

P1040805-1024x768.jpg

P1040811-1024x768.jpg

P1040813-768x1024.jpg

P1040814-768x1024.jpg

P1040806-768x1024.jpg

New Products

P1040815-1024x768.jpg

P1040816-1024x768.jpg

P1040817-768x1024.jpg

P1040932-768x1024.jpg

Port of Entry

P1040925-768x1024.jpg

P1040928-1024x768.jpg

Jurassic World theming has not yet made its way to the Discovery Center or River Adventure, perhaps to keep those attractions in line with the original film, but who knows how far they'll take the theming in the future. See the entire photo report here.

Status
Not open for further replies.