Next Attraction To Go? | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, there is no reason, he couldn't film new content for it daily when they are taping their normal shows.

I dont think they would actually keep up with that for long. And capacity..? Is a humongous deal. I dont understand how you could say it isnt.

I dont think they would actually keep up with that for long. And capacity..? Is a humongous deal. I dont understand how you could say it isnt.

If Soarin can handle 87 and this ride can handle 72...depending on the length of the ride, that's not that big of a difference. You have to realize that capacity is all relative. For a park like Epcot, a ride that only holds 87 people per cycle leads to ridiculous wait times. In a park like Universal Studios, which hosts way less people in a given day but has way more attractions to spread people out through...well there ya go. Relatively speaking, it is not *that* big of a deal.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If Soarin can handle 87 and this ride can handle 72...depending on the length of the ride, that's not that big of a difference. You have to realize that capacity is all relative. For a park like Epcot, a ride that only holds 87 people per cycle leads to ridiculous wait times. In a park like Universal Studios, which hosts way less people in a given day but has way more attractions to spread people out through...well there ya go. Relatively speaking, it is not *that* big of a deal.

Argument not good... Soarin has two theaters and therefore a capacity of 174, and capacity is still a horror show.

I'm curious how the pricing for those two systems are comparatively priced. You would thing that uni being space conscious would try to maximize what they can do with their space. Plus the Verona one would have a consistent rider experience from any seat whereas the dynamics on the edges move more while someone in the center mostly just pivots. It becomes a trade off for getting a better view or a possibly more thrilling ride experience.

And I've never been on soaring but it's like the dynamics one, just one large plate right? How is the reliability on it? Because with the Verona u don't lose a whole theater if something mechanical goes wrong.

Last edited:
Argument not good... Soarin has two theaters and therefore a capacity of 174, and capacity is still a horror show.

I don't think Universal should back away from building a different type of attraction just because it has a lower capacity. That hasn't stopped Disney in the past with attractions like Soarin', Toy Story Mania, the Nemo subs, etc. at parks that are much more highly attended.

Not every attraction needs to be high capacity like Spider Man, Transformers, Gringotts (when running right), Hogwart's Expess etc. Just happy to have a good new attraction, if that's the case. Despicable Me, is low capacity but still popular. I would think capacity is less important for a D ticket than a blockbuster E ticket attraction.Sometimes there's something said to have a low capacity ride as a means to increase it's demand & popularity.....(An example are some of the new retro baseball parks were built with lower capacity than their predecessors as a means to increase demand for a less available product, thus increasing demand & attendance).

I can't imagine something with as narrow an appeal as The Tonight Show for an amusement park attraction.

I'd rather have Twister turned into the "Sharknado 2 Experience". It's already a SyFy (NBC/Universal) property, it preserves some of the cool Twister effects, it's very 'New Yorky' to fit in it's park location, you could have Jimmy Fallon get eaten - and I'm sure they have some unused sharks laying around.

I can't imagine something with as narrow an appeal as The Tonight Show for an amusement park attraction.

I'd rather have Twister turned into the "Sharknado 2 Experience". It's already a SyFy (NBC/Universal) property, it preserves some of the cool Twister effects, it's very 'New Yorky' to fit in it's park location, you could have Jimmy Fallon get eaten - and I'm sure they have some unused sharks laying around.
I have a feeling this will be odd qwerky fun. Everything thing I have heard makes no sense and seems absurd. Count me in!!!!

Last edited:

I can tell you with confidence that capacity is literally one of the biggest factors considered in designing attractions. And yes throughput is relative. Yes Epcot takes in more guests but half of their park is a world showcase. All of those pavillions are attractions and give guests something to do for a majority of their day. Universal depends on their rides and shows to give guests something to do. Soarin doesn't have good throughput but that doesn't make it okay. Despicable Me doesn't have good throughput but again that's not ideal. When they built Despicable me in California they doubled the amount of ride vehicles because any good theme park knows that long lines are the biggest dissatisfier for guests and they keep people from spending money around the park.

And so I say again... It is a "big deal."

Last edited:
I can tell you with confidence that capacity is literally one of the biggest factors considered in designing attractions. And yes throughput is relative. Yes Epcot takes in more guests but half of their park is a world showcase. All of those pavillions are attractions and give guests something to do for a majority of their day. Universal depends on their rides and shows to give guests something to do. Soarin doesn't have good throughput but that doesn't make it okay. Despicable Me doesn't have good throughput but again that's not ideal. When they built Despicable me in California they doubled the amount of ride vehicles because any good theme park knows that long lines are the biggest dissatisfier for guests and they keep people from spending money around the park.

And so I say again... It is a "big deal."

And the fact that your username is 'capacity' hahaha...I think this is a new lesson for the parks...guests spend when they are on the streets...I don't know if anyone has waited in the Despicable line, but it is quite a drag...I always know how the peeps in Roller Coaster Tycoon feel when they say "I've been waiting in this line for ages"...

And the fact that your username is 'capacity' hahaha...I think this is a new lesson for the parks...guests spend when they are on the streets...I don't know if anyone has waited in the Despicable line, but it is quite a drag...I always know how the peeps in Roller Coaster Tycoon feel when they say "I've been waiting in this line for ages"...

I only do Despicable Me if I end up buying an express pass for a day, and even then I skip it sometimes since the express pass line can be long as well. It seems like a popular ride that kids love, first thing you see when you get in the park, limited number of ride vehicles, and short queue all adding up to always having an 80+ minute wait when I've been there.