Nintendo Switch | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Laura Kate Dale, we have some information that is good to know..

• NX will NOT use the marketing techniques of the Wii
  • Hardware details won't be in the video, but will be in a PR later in the month
  • Three Devs are waiting for the NX Reveal to showcase software coming to the console
  • Eurogamer and Emily Rodgers are dead on in information
  • Trailer will be focused on what it looks like, does and what it will be called
  • Big indie team has an Dev Kit for the NX
  • Rumors are circulating that Beyond Good and Evil will have be an NX exclusive title as a form of reboot

From Laura Kate Dale, we have some information that is good to know..

• NX will NOT use the marketing techniques of the Wii
  • Hardware details won't be in the video, but will be in a PR later in the month
  • Three Devs are waiting for the NX Reveal to showcase software coming to the console
  • Eurogamer and Emily Rodgers are dead on in information
  • Trailer will be focused on what it looks like, does and what it will be called
  • Big indie team has an Dev Kit for the NX
  • Rumors are circulating that Beyond Good and Evil will have be an NX exclusive title as a form of reboot
Hope the indie team is Playtonic even though they said otherwise. I'd rather play Yooka Laylee on NX and move on from Wii U. Yacht Club with Shovel Knight would be good too.

PR later in the month sounds like next weeks investors meeting.

Hope the indie team is Playtonic even though they said otherwise. I'd rather play Yooka Laylee on NX and move on from Wii U. Yacht Club with Shovel Knight would be good too.

PR later in the month sounds like next weeks investors meeting.

I'd wonder if it's Yacht Club or if it could be Way Forward but I guess we'll see at this point.

Looking forward to this reveal. Was always more of a Nintendo guy then anything else. Back when GameCube came out, I was the only one of my group of friends that got it for Christmas. Everyone else got PS2 and GTA3. I was more than content with GameCube and Luigis Mansion and Smash Bros.

The last 10 years have not been great so hopefully this is a worthy competition to the other consoles. Hopefully we get some game reveals too. I'd imagine there will be since I'm sure they want to show gameplay

Reactions: Mike S
Looking forward to this reveal. Was always more of a Nintendo guy then anything else. Back when GameCube came out, I was the only one of my group of friends that got it for Christmas. Everyone else got PS2 and GTA3. I was more than content with GameCube and Luigis Mansion and Smash Bros.

The last 10 years have not been great so hopefully this is a worthy competition to the other consoles. Hopefully we get some game reveals too. I'd imagine there will be since I'm sure they want to show gameplay
The trailer will apparently only be 3 minutes long with only Zelda and the console itself being shown. I'm guessing that means a real event will be later.

The trailer will apparently only be 3 minutes long with only Zelda and the console itself being shown. I'm guessing that means a real event will be later.
One hour to go ... heard a Super Mario game may be revealed as well. Hopefully later today we will hear more from third party developers too.

Reactions: Mike S
One rumor says we're getting Red Dead Redemption 2. Time will tell.

I have to believe that rumor is false, but that's my more..personal thoughts.

Considering that I mentioned from the source of Laura Kate Dale that hardware specs would be talked about in a PR later in the month, I don't see an "official" event happening for the console.

If I had to guess, I think in terms of software Pokémon Sun/Moon gets NX announcement (as a shortterm), Mario, Zelda, B-GE, Dragon Quest and potentially something else in initial software reveal. We would get the design, price, date, and title of the brand new console as the major things to talk about but that's all I'm thinking of.

I have to believe that rumor is false, but that's my more..personal thoughts.

Considering that I mentioned from the source of Laura Kate Dale that hardware specs would be talked about in a PR later in the month, I don't see an "official" event happening for the console.

If I had to guess, I think in terms of software Pokémon Sun/Moon gets NX announcement (as a shortterm), Mario, Zelda, B-GE, Dragon Quest and potentially something else in initial software reveal. We would get the design, price, date, and title of the brand new console as the major things to talk about but that's all I'm thinking of.
I doubt Pokémon is announced for it. They've never done a cross gen release before and it could cut a lot into sales. It also makes no sense with NX not coming out until March.

Wow.
Nintendo to Offer First Glimpse of New NX Gaming Platform - Bloomberg
750x-1.png

Nothing much was revealed really and the game footage did not seem that great, then, some of it might have been wii u footage. Ah well, hopefully we will get some specs soon.