Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 401 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, then do not walk into the Circle of Life show in The Land at Epcot. Whoa boy, you think this is some hypocritical b.s., let us not forget Simba lecturing Timon and Pumbaa on the dangers of building a resort in a show at a park in the busiest resort in the world!

Hey, at least you can donate a dollar and get a conservation pin from any vendor in DAK and they match it towards conservation efforts (as well as conservation education, like this!)

that's hilarious....Is that what replaced Kitchen Cabaret?

I pretty much stay away from the Land building when I visit. Went in once for Soarin, but that was it.

^ Mercy... I can see where that might be a bit much for the average Disney-phite. Rather, if you find Small World thrilling... you might want to steer clear of this one. :saywhat:

I find that 90% of the restaurant server population still have no idea what an IPA even is. I think the word "hoppy" is even used in the menu description of the green beer.

I used to "inform" servers about the difference between beer styles, but the misses told me it embarrasses her, so I hold my tongue.

Interesting that it's Terrapin brewed. I was expecting something brewed in Florida.

To add more complaining...

It drives me kind of crazy that restaurant managers spend so much time training their staff about the food and their wine list, but for some reason the beers are never properly explained to most servers. I've seen this mistake at all sorts of restaurants, even so called "gastropubs". If I ask for a something hoppy and you recommend a blue moon, we are gonna have problems.
What establishments do you dine in?

Do I remember right that there are "mountain trails" like at Typhoon Lagoon, for lack of a better term? That was one of the things I was most interested in.

More like a series of concentric semi circles - you can walk in and then - next to the mountain!

Then further away from the mountain!

Then even further away and with some stair and a little hill to get your photo taken!

And then even further away and right on over to Africa if you got lost on the way to Kilimanjaro or something.

What establishments do you dine in?

All sorts. This happens in lot of places, even restaurants that "specialize" in craft beer selections. Yardhouse, duffy's, Brus room, to name a few. I've even gotten bad beer info at a world of beer! It's amazing to me how little servers know about beer.

Sorry to go off topic.

Anybody seen any differences to the land (major or not) since previews started?
There's short construction walls over to the right of the entrance of Flight of Passage, so that may be where test seats will be installed. They are showing laminated photos of the seats to guests before entering the queue in the meantime.

Tim Tracker says background sound effects near the entrance are louder than they were the first time they went.

There's short construction walls over to the right of the entrance of Flight of Passage, so that may be where test seats will be installed. They are showing laminated photos of the seats to guests before entering the queue in the meantime.

Tim Tracker says background sound effects near the entrance are louder than they were the first time they went.
Cast Members are saying that they've been told not to expect the projections onto the floating mountains till mid to late summer, in case anyone was wondering.

Anybody seen any differences to the land (major or not) since previews started?
Posted upstream a few photos but the lab in the FOP has new props and had some restaging. Audio was changed in some parts, and lighting in the exit hallways now cycles to imply the direction to walk down the stairs.

More audio overall, but no sign of area music yet.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Status
Not open for further replies.