The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, that is probably ModelWerks doing the install? I wondered what it would have involved moving him so I searched pics in his old location. There were a bunch of pics that had tons of blood streaming down his tongue and then there were others with no blood at all. The installed shark above has no signs of streaking blood. Anyone one know the progression of this?

Example:
100_3078.jpg

Not sure of any particular progression but I do know it was one of those things that would vary over the years and visits. Just one of those things that wears off and they get around to touching up when they can. Never seemed to be the same exact detail twice.

I don't recall ever seeing bruce with blood. I think I'd remember because that is pretty cool.

I'm surprised they kept him near the water. I thought for sure he'd wind up next to the BTTF train

Orlando Attractions Magazine Posted this picture on their Twitter:

ApHHadDCIAAC8hv.jpg

If you look at the lower center of the picture, you can see the "Jaws" sign that goes on the Photo-Op.

Just one of those things that wears off and they get around to touching up when they can. Never seemed to be the same exact detail twice.

I think it is a combo of wear but mostly of fading. Red is the most unstable color in the color tint business. It fades from UV in days. Look at poor Cat in the Hat. I too love it all gory looking... looks more immediate.

Really? To me it's the contrary. I'd be surprised if it wasn't by the water. Thematically it fits in much better here than by the dead zone that is SS44.

I agree... and they really did think it over... not only did they need a dock scene, but they needed a dock background in the best case scenario. They got both here... far better than where it has been all these years.

I do hope they put the JAWS name sign up when it reopens. It would suck to have it as a nondescript shark photo-op.

ha ha ..of course they will. Would be kinda funny to be walking and then see a giant shark just hanging out for no reason. Not to mention the sign is right in the photo.

I agree that the dock/water back drop will make for a better photo then a square full of fanny pack tourists.

I still find those photo ops. extremely cheesy. At least it's free.

I love the new location but there's not a lot of room in that particular area. I wonder if it is going to be difficult to get all of Bruce in the frame if you want a front-on shot of him without turning your camera sideways?

why would some universal creative guys measure the existing walkway... I noticed three guys yesterday with measuring tape along the walkway. and measuring tape... stretched across.

Status
Not open for further replies.