The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why would some universal creative guys measure the existing walkway... I noticed three guys yesterday with measuring tape along the walkway. and measuring tape... stretched across.

First guess that came to my mind is that it is part of whatever process they do to determine how far out or in they need to move the construction walls? Or perhaps just general measuring for planning purposes? The new parade?

I love the new location but there's not a lot of room in that particular area. I wonder if it is going to be difficult to get all of Bruce in the frame if you want a front-on shot of him without turning your camera sideways?

AmusementPics posted some photos of Jaws' new location from across the lagoon, and in this first picture it appears that there is still a fair amount of room between sharky and the side of that light blue building.

20120328-081.jpg

20120328-085.jpg

20120328-086.jpg

20120328-052.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
why would some universal creative guys measure the existing walkway... I noticed three guys yesterday with measuring tape along the walkway. and measuring tape... stretched across.

Good question. They have measurements of the walkways with their park blueprints and records, so this must have something to do with the walls. I don't think the parade would go through here, though.

And thanks for the pics BJCool! Looks good in that location from these angles! iLike!

So, we see all the new decking, shark moving, three non labor guys in hard hats (video on another site) walking the cleaned up shore front amity, pointing, panning etc. To me, it suggests next phase of shore front construction. That said, will they use temporary measures to wood deck and turn it into a show viewing area? Will what comes next be fast and temporary... costing $75-$175K, or be a full monte London waterfront??? What do you people think?

So, we see all the new decking, shark moving, three non labor guys in hard hats (video on another site) walking the cleaned up shore front amity, pointing, panning etc. To me, it suggests next phase of shore front construction. That said, will they use temporary measures to wood deck and turn it into a show viewing area? Will what comes next be fast and temporary... costing $75-$175K, or be a full monte London waterfront??? What do you people think?

I feel like we see a temporary viewing area for this summer and next. That will also be used as a main bypass while vertical construction is in full swing. I think after next Summer we see it transform into the London waterfront.

Since so many people are focused on "viewing" from the former amity, might I point out the barge positioned there never got most of the equipment the other barges got (except for speakers) installed on the side facing amity... though they might just save money and install it later when construction is done.

Since so many people are focused on "viewing" from the former amity, might I point out the barge positioned there never got most of the equipment the other barges got (except for speakers) installed on the side facing amity... though they might just save money and install it later when construction is done.

I noticed that the other day. The side of the barge facing the old Amity waterfront doesn't have any of the domed verilights.

Maybe they are spy catching again.

But if your good they never even knew you were there. :lol: It doesn't really bother me. I will just put the zoom lens on and grab everything I needs from across the lagoon.

wednesday and thursday.

Ah, alright. See, I was there Saturday and Sunday, and there were two women in Amity just standing around and watching. They were wearing the most ridiculous garb, and I thought maybe they might just be foreign, but I know, it seemed too obvious. After all of the over-wall pictures we've been getting on the differenet blogs around here, I wouldn't be surprised if Uni wanted to catch what people were doing to get these pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.