The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really curious about what the main attraction/e-ticket would be here, nobody really has a solid idea right now correct? Just some old concepts floating around.

I wonder if the boat ride will be based purely on BOTW/TOTK or on more of the classic OoT or even TP style. The former would be the best to style the land and architecture after but I feel the latter would make for a smoother transition into a ride!

Just hear me out: I think they should demolish the Sinbad and Poseidon buildings, and finally bring WaterWorld to Universal Orlando as a new attraction for Islands of Adventure! (Unless there is a bit of a problem with that, not just because of Florida's climate, but because the Hollywood version of the WaterWorld show features actors that have also been in films and shows.)
No, the LC at IOA really needs something fresh like the rumored Legend of Zelda area for instance. Waterworld has been running at Universal Parks since 1995. The LC desperately needs something fresh and new than a popular, but old show.

It's going to be BOTW/TOTK style. Those games have sold more than any other game in the series by a very large margin.
Sales aside I do think that those character designs would be best in a theme park.

I also wonder if they could do an up-charge where guests get a Sheikah Slate or even a gauntlet that looks like Link’s missing arm from TOTK that allows them to interact with the land and get collect rupees for a reward

Call me old school but I was just hoping for the ride to be a trip through a dungeon which we don’t really see in either BOTW or TOTK as much

Reactions: Sunshine8899
God, Islands is about to become the craziest crossover park in existence:

Jurassic Park/World
Harry Potter
Legend of Zelda
King Kong
Dr Seuss
Marvel
Popeye
Dudley Do-Right

Let’s be real a park like Islands would never be built today, not even Epic stands up to the insanity of reading that lineup. I love this park so much.

It's going to be BOTW/TOTK style. Those games have sold more than any other game in the series by a very large margin.
The ancient technology stuff that's prevalent in those games would also help it stand out more from other fantasy themed areas within the resort. I feel like they could incorporate the guardians and shrines in interesting ways.

Probably. Which is a shame because Wind Waker has a much more interesting aesthetic.
The Wind Waker is probably my favorite Zelda game visually, but I don't know if it would be easily adaptable into a theme park. All the locations in the game are isolated islands in the middle of the ocean, and all the characters and areas have a very stylized cartoon look that might stand out a bit too much.

Probably. Which is a shame because Wind Waker has a much more interesting aesthetic.
I don’t mind the BOTW aesthetic/art style. I think it strikes a good balance between the realism of TP and the cartooniness of WW.

My issue is with the story. I think the villains are very hollow. Especially in BOTW. I think ganondorf turning into a giant boar-monster and being an active antagonist is something integral to any classic zelda story and is what makes it feel ‘Zelda.’ Even in WW he still turns into puppet Ganon and it makes the story more exciting. Calamity Ganon and even Dragon Ganondorf just don’t do it for me. They feel more like Godzilla rather than an active antagonist. TOTK fixes this decently by having human Ganondorf for most of the game, but the dragon he turns into doesn’t feel as personal or recognizable as the boar.

There’s just something so classic about him using the triforce of power to turn into a pig-monster. Without it it feels like Thanos without the infinity gauntlet. Hoping that they still include it in the ride even if they use the newer aesthetic.

I don’t mind the BOTW aesthetic/art style. I think it strikes a good balance between the realism of TP and the cartooniness of WW.

My issue is with the story. I think the villains are very hollow. Especially in BOTW. I think ganondorf turning into a giant boar-monster and being an active antagonist is something integral to any classic zelda story and is what makes it feel ‘Zelda.’ Even in WW he still turns into puppet Ganon and it makes the story more exciting. Calamity Ganon and even Dragon Ganondorf just don’t do it for me. They feel more like Godzilla rather than an active antagonist. TOTK fixes this decently by having human Ganondorf for most of the game, but the dragon he turns into doesn’t feel as personal or recognizable as the boar.

There’s just something so classic about him using the triforce of power to turn into a pig-monster. Without it it feels like Thanos without the infinity gauntlet. Hoping that they still include it in the ride even if they use the newer aesthetic.
None of this story stuff really matters when it comes to a theme park, which will live and die on the aesthetics and attraction design

This is obviously incredibly exciting but I'm amused the one theme park with multiple water/boat rides (Jurassic, Dudley, Popeye) is getting a fourth E-ticket boat ride while USF is still mostly seats that shake you around in perpetuity with ZERO water rides.

Hope we get a boat ride eventually in USF or at least something that gets you wet. Come to think of it.... Waterworld would be great at USF but I'm not sure where it would go.