The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My only slight “complaint” is that a boat ride doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for BOTW/TOTK. You don’t generally traverse those games by water. You do a little, but 90% is in the air or on the ground.

They should add a flying theater where Sindbad is like Link’s parachute, put the boat ride where Poseidon is

My only slight “complaint” is that a boat ride doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for BOTW/TOTK. You don’t generally traverse those games by water. You do a little, but 90% is in the air or on the ground.

They should add a flying theater where Sindbad is like Link’s parachute, put the boat ride where Poseidon is
A boat ride could work if it’s through the underground dungeon beneath Hyrule castle where they find the Ganondorf mummy and it could take you ‘outside’ into Hyrule field for a battle at the end or something.

I think the reason they’re going in this direction is to give IOA an indoor mega E-Ticket that anyone can ride. IOA is short on family attractions to begin with, and when it rains, nearly every attraction besides Cat in the Hat can be vomit-inducing to certain people, so I can certainly see why they’re doing this.

A boat ride could work if it’s through the underground dungeon beneath Hyrule castle where they find the Ganondorf mummy and it could take you ‘outside’ into Hyrule field for a battle at the end or something.

I think the reason they’re going in this direction is to give IOA an indoor mega E-Ticket that anyone can ride. IOA is short on family attractions to begin with, and when it rains, nearly every attraction besides Cat in the Hat can be vomit-inducing to certain people, so I can certainly see why they’re doing this.
Oh, I also want to make it clear I don’t actually think it’s a bad thing. It’s just surprisingly not really representative of the game. Adding Soarin Over Hyrule (which I know will not happen, to be clear) to represent the hang gliding would be cool

A metro bus doesn't make sense for F&F either, but here we are.

I am unbelievably excited for this. Only thing that would be better is if it was Wind Waker themed but that’s just my age showing lol

Reactions: biggerboat16
This is obviously incredibly exciting but I'm amused the one theme park with multiple water/boat rides (Jurassic, Dudley, Popeye) is getting a fourth E-ticket boat ride while USF is still mostly seats that shake you around in perpetuity with ZERO water rides.
Does getting spritzed in the face with water count as a water ride? Because USF has a couple of those.

This is obviously incredibly exciting but I'm amused the one theme park with multiple water/boat rides (Jurassic, Dudley, Popeye) is getting a fourth E-ticket boat ride while USF is still mostly seats that shake you around in perpetuity with ZERO water rides.

Hope we get a boat ride eventually in USF or at least something that gets you wet. Come to think of it.... Waterworld would be great at USF but I'm not sure where it would go.
“You couldn’t live with your own failure, where did that bring you? Back to me.”
1690382607532.jpeg

While IOA does have several water rides already, there's a big difference between a slow-moving indoor dark boat ride and a you're-going-to-get-soaked outdoor raft ride.

For all intents and purposes, Navi River Journey, is a dark ride. Kali River Rapids is very different.
I would hope there’s a drop or two in there tho ala pirates

This sounds similiar to River Adventure as a basic comparison, but I hope the main difference is, as discussed, is I don’t get soaked here. That being said, Zelda games have a great mix of chill, relaxing, and exciting/thrilling vibes. Maybe this ride is more chill with action around you, and any interactivity in the land is more “thrilling”?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
While IOA does have several water rides already, there's a big difference between a slow-moving indoor dark boat ride and a you're-going-to-get-soaked outdoor raft ride.
The former of which sounds perfect for what all of the current Nintendo attractions seem to be aiming towards, experiences that families can all enjoy.

Adding a slow-moving boat ride would only benefit Islands and honestly fills a gap in their water ride collection.

Hoping they go with something along the lines of Shanghai pirates rather than FEA or Navi River Journey (Or maybe they can do their own version of it where little glowing balls scream “HEY LISTEN” for 6 minutes)

Just because a ride is family friendly doesn’t mean it can’t have tension or a story. Shanghai pirates does this perfectly with a family friendly layout that still uses epic sets and scenes to convey conflict and excitement. Just hoping they don’t do a happy little boat ride through Hyrule where we pass a few Zoras and Gorons then disembark like we do on FEA