Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is overhyping stuff way too much lol, cool it, the dream list is big but not everything on it will come, some will take more time with others and others are just wishful thinking since some are owned by the mouse.

Thank you. Since 25’s big leak everyone is expecting a full reveal ASAP and want to be the first to report it to their friends or followers.

It’s made these threads completely miserable EXCEPT the past few pages have gotten more fun, more “old school” than before. I like it and it’s FUN again.

Still 6/4?

Are you trying to will this split into existence? You’re the only one talking about it.

As excited as I am for the HOHH maze, I wonder how well they will translate the uneasiness of the show to the the house. One of the things that made the show so good we're the little things you didn't notice such as ghosts in the background, or the uneasiness of the funeral home scenes. I know there are a lot of good ghosts that will be incorporated into it regardless.

Whenever I see people post "TCM" I think of Turner Classic Movies house, like Robert Osborne jumping from behind curtains to tell you movie facts.

I picture a dilapidated Great Movie Ride house with a side of People Under the Stairs, where the tour guides never left and rabid fans rise out of every crevice, protesting its removal.

Reminder: When talking about "IPs" it's short hand for having to work with outside parties on the house. That means more work, more approvals, different communications, etc. While I'm not privy to that sort of stuff Universal Entertainment does in my own job there's a difference between working with other facilities versus working with other customers.
So Universal Monsters are "IP" because they need to work with, and get approval from, the film studio. Billie is IP in all capacities because she/her lable/etc has to approve.

This gives me hope that they will just throw their hands up in the air and make it mostly an OG event, due to the travel restrictions for the IP owners to make sure their product is tip/top, etc. I know it won't happen, but a guy can dream.

* To add to this, with social distancing, etc. they may have to limit attendance numbers anyway, so if they're only going to get certain numbers thru the doors, might as well go original. It would also make people less frustrated when they hit capacity if they have some crazy IP, rather than the regular crowds that may show for a less "popular" event.

I’d argue the last year was worse. The Game of Thrones/Pumpkinhead fiascos were hell, and damn near pushed me to retire from this stuff.

I feel like it might get worse as time goes on, strictly because people are stuck at home and waiting for the information bone like rabid dogs. Until it comes, the barking will get louder and louder.

Thank you. Since 25’s big leak everyone is expecting a full reveal ASAP and want to be the first to report it to their friends or followers.

It’s made these threads completely miserable EXCEPT the past few pages have gotten more fun, more “old school” than before. I like it and it’s FUN again.

Are you trying to will this split into existence? You’re the only one talking about it.

That’s what the spec map says. It’s mainly me hoping that we do get that many originals/trying not to get my hopes up for more.

I'll say as this is my first year being on these forums and following along with everybody in this thread, it's crazy entertaining just watching everybody 'think' they know information. We're over five months away from the event itself, the world is nearly on lock down and we're at a point where people 'know' something was axed and they also already 'know' what's replacing it. Seems nuts.

A month ago the consensus 'knew' Haunting of Hill House, Candyman and Creepshow were coming. A week ago the consensus 'knew' Beetlejuice, Gremlins and Sabrina were coming. Now the consensus 'knows' Texas Chainsaw Massacre is coming.

It's just wacky and fun as hell to watch given what, there's probably about, what, maybe fifty people in the entire world who actually know what the current line up for HHN30 is?

The speculation lists somewhat do kill it for me, I try not to pay attention to the lists but they already always mentioned to me, I just try and wait and stay in the speculation as much as I can because it's fun to lead up to the build ups and sometimes people just want it to be slam dunk out of the way, I know people wanna know everything before they pay for their ticket and that's understandable but some people don't understand there is a certain way Universal puts out things, it's not that easy to make the event, there is a lot of time and energy and money that goes into these events, and a lot of last minute changes in general and yes some maybe eh others are good but there is a lot that goes into it. Announcement season is here but with this thing going on, a lot of stuff is being halted, I know the anticipation is killing everyone but take it easy, its fun to speculate but don't go full expecting an event that will not truly go the way you expect.

I speculate that it's less than fifty
I speculate it’s closer to 100.

A&D is about 15 people by itself. Let’s say 5 people each know in Make-up, Costuming, and Tech know within Entertainment. That brings us to 30. Outside of Entertainment, Legal, elements of Marketing know (so another 10), and executive management knows/has access to the line up. So, there’s probably around 50 within Universal.

But... Universal only works with 2-3 companies for builds, and those organizations chat. So, the foremen likely know the lineup, and some of their workers will know. So, let’s say, 60 from there.

Then, there’s chatter. A&D and Creative will chat, so people in Creative will know. Family members will know.

I’m expecting closer to 100.

I'm really sad I hopped in right after Legacy stopped doing the clue riddles. It really sucks that a spec map (and to some extent the article thing) killed it all :(

@Legacy have you considered doing clues for the new things you've heard? I'm assuming you're done done but I can't help but ask

Oh also - I can't help but feel somewhat responsible for the couple pages of chaos since I brought up The Thing and stuff. So, apologies.

OK Y'all - since the question keeps being brought up each week; make sure you bookmark, favorite, or save this post for later whenever someone else decides to ask so you can refer them to it.

Will HHN 30 be canceled by COVID? It's too early to tell, but probably not. Information is changing daily, and we're seemingly on a downward trend than what was expected. I know there is a contingency plan in place in case we get to that point, as any smart business should have set for the rest of the year - but it is not expected. We're a little over 5 months out and a lot can change. Hell, things have changed from last week so...

Bottom line: I would anticipate HHN happening. Will there be impacts? Probably, yes. You'll probably see pulsing done. Less SIF (stuff in face). It's also possible you could see fewer actors in the streets.

This is an unprecedented time for all, especially the parks. They are taking it one day at a time, just like us. While it's scary to have so much up in the air, we shouldn't let the default response become the most severe.

Last edited:
Bottom line: I would anticipate HHN happening. Will there be impacts? Probably, yes. You'll probably see pulsing done. Less SIF (stuff in face). It's also possible you could see fewer actors in the streets.

Something I’ve wondered to myself is, depending on the state of everything September, for the safety of the actors & employees, would it even be possible to provide PPE to guests entering? Like you said, they have their plans in place so I’m sure they’ve gone over this scenario already, it was just something I’ve been thinking of with the proximity of guests to actors.

Something I’ve wondered to myself is, depending on the state of everything September, for the safety of the actors & employees, would it even be possible to provide PPE to guests entering? Like you said, they have their plans in place so I’m sure they’ve gone over this scenario already, it was just something I’ve been thinking of with the proximity of guests to actors.

I guess it depends on where we are in September.

and, FWIW, you're more likely to see the event pushed back if need be before they outright cancel it - unless there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

OK Y'all - since the question keeps being brought up each week; make sure you bookmark, favorite, or save this post for later whenever someone else decides to ask so you can refer them to it.

Will HHN 30 be canceled by COVID? It's too early to tell, but probably not. Information is changing daily, and we're seemingly on a downward trend than what was expected. I know there is a contingency plan in place in case we get to that point, as any smart business should have set for the rest of the year - but it is not expected. We're a little over 5 months out and a lot can change. Hell, things have changed from last week so...

This is an unprecedented time for all, especially the parks. They are taking it one day at a time, just like us. While it's scary to have so much up in the air, we shouldn't let the default response become the most severe.
Everyone talks about 2001 as the year HHN got drastically toned down and changed. People refer to it as a year a tragedy turned the event into something different.
Having gone that so-called toned down year, I can tell you that simply just wasn't the case.

We were all at 22 when a house got cut....And 2008/09 when the parks weren't doing so well. Yet, the core of HHN wasn't really affected

I say that to hopefully encourage some folks who are genuinely concerned. HHN has gone through budget restraints, changes, and toning down before. And honestly, I didn't even notice.

The event will be fine.

Everyone talks about 2001 as the year HHN got drastically toned down and changed. People refer to it as a year a tragedy turned the event into something different.
Having gone that so-called toned down year, I can tell you that simply just wasn't the case.

We were all at 22 when a house got cut....And 2008/09 when the parks weren't doing so well. Yet, the core of HHN wasn't really affected

I say that to hopefully encourage some folks who are genuinely concerned. HHN has gone through budget restraints, changes, and toning down before. And honestly, I didn't even notice.

The event will be fine.

To add to 2001, even with the changes the event had (Eddie replaced by Jack, blood turned to green ooze, any reference of "Terror" removed so "TerrorLand" became "Scary Tales"), I also recall hearing from multiple people that 2001 was very successful for HHN, so much so that it's one of the reasons the parks were making a profit while others took a loss.

Never underestimate the need for a escape when people can get it. HHN is a escape for a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.