Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Pricing, AP, & More

I think the seasonal 3 park pass for 300 renewal rate is reasonable enough. It seems like they intentionally wanted to get the idea it might be even more expensive out there so that when it still is the most expensive water park, people are more ok with it. No way they will ever get rid of the 2 park pass as that would require similar capacity between all three parks which is impossible.

$17 more than Aquatica and $5 more than Disney's water parks. Huh. I really expected more.

Fun fact, but Discovery Cove is $249 for a day package and $429 for the all-inclusive dolphin package. That's what a boutique water park ticket costs. For the moment, Volcano Bay is clearly not trying to be that.

EDIT: Mentioned below, but it looks like $429/249 is near-peak pricing. 259/179 seems like non-peak pricing. 459/279 is peak pricing.

Last edited:
Didn't see it mentioned- but in terms and conditions of the express pass- it does not include Krakatau. It does mention "select attractions" also not being included- but thinking that's just legal for "we can add other stuff later".

The good news is though that if only Krakatau isn't offered- you could constantly put yourself in that queue for multiple rerides without a wait :D

I'm hoping the three big hotels include express. That would make me incredibly happy- we will see.

Last edited:
$17 more than Aquatica and $5 more than Disney's water parks. Huh. I really expected more.

Fun fact, but Discovery Cove is $249 for a day package and $429 for the all-inclusive dolphin package. That's what a boutique water park ticket costs. For the moment, Volcano Bay is clearly not trying to be that.
Holy crap DC is expensive. I only go during Florida Resident specials and do not do the dolphin swim (already done it so don't matter to me) and it's only like $149... and remember DC includes all you can eat free meals and more importantly, all you can drink free beer.

Holy crap DC is expensive. I only go during Florida Resident specials and do not do the dolphin swim (already done it so don't matter to me) and it's only like $149... and remember DC includes all you can eat free meals and more importantly, all you can drink free beer.
I might have to retract part of that. There's a lot more variability in DC prices than I thought. I think regular prices are $259/179.

I might have to retract part of that. There's a lot more variability in DC prices than I thought. I think regular prices are $259/179.

DC also includes SeaWorld and Aquatica incl. parking for a week (or is it 2 weeks?) - and BG Tampa for $20 more. Plus the food/drink for the day at D.C. Is actually a pretty solid deal Tbh

DC also includes SeaWorld and Aquatica incl. parking for a week (or is it 2 weeks?) - and BG Tampa for $20 more. Plus the food/drink for the day at D.C. Is actually a pretty solid deal Tbh
Oh yea, forgot about the extra park tix perks since I have APs for them already and never use them.

After reading the fine print, unless I missed something, it looks like they aren't extending the Express access after 4pm over to VB for Premier pass holders. Interesting...

If you go twice in a year its more expensive then upgrading if I understand correctly?

It's 99 to upgrade from 2 to 3 park AP. So if its $62 for a one day....doesn't it make sense to upgrade your AP?

Apologies if I missed something...
I have Premier and I doubt I'm going more than once per year. There's no incentive for me to spend $150.

I have Premier and I doubt I'm going more than once per year. There's no incentive for me to spend $150.
It is kind of like spending 50 extra bucks for 31 extra days, since the only real difference is no blackout days.

I'll probably upgrade my Preferred, but only after my next yearly renewal period.