Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it sucks that we'll have to wait longer for another HHN announcement, I'm excited to see what Universal has up its sleeves for EU announcements. Been waiting for them to say something about EU. They've been quiet for far too long lol.

I'm guessing we'll get our second house announcement in between whatever this EU announcement/news is and the Villain-Con opening date announcement.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Kind of crazy to think about someone going to the 90s HHNs still active. My first HNN was HHN 28 and I was 34. Just imagine if I started going to HHN 1 at 34 and still active here in approaching 60! :eek:
Um, excuse me.. My first HHN was in 2005, and that's only because I don't live in Florida and had no idea this event was even a thing until my son happened to turn on Travel channel and started screaming for me when he caught "Art of the Scare". Anyway, I'm going to be 56 in a couple of months, and I bet I could still walk circles around you. :) Yes, some of us old farts still not only go every year (multiple times) but we also contribute here. HHN is an event for all ages (excluding little ones).

Um, excuse me.. My first HHN was in 2005, and that's only because I don't live in Florida and had no idea this event was even a thing until my son happened to turn on Travel channel and started screaming for me when he caught "Art of the Scare". Anyway, I'm going to be 56 in a couple of months, and I bet I could still walk circles around you. :) Yes, some of us old farts still not only go every year (multiple times) but we also contribute here. HHN is an event for all ages (excluding little ones).

53 years old here, and we do 3 nights of HHN (until about 1 am), early entry for hagrids each morning, and parks all day, every day, for 5 days, even on HHN days. The Fitbit a couple years ago said we did 17-18 miles on days including HHN. 11-12 miles on days just doing the parks. The flight home is pretty rough.

Old people unite! Unless there are sketchy young people outside, then lock the doors and close the blinds.

I'm in my twenties. I go 4-5 nights in a row from the opening of the park to the closing of the event each night.

Let's just say that my feet aren't big fans of me lmao. I think it's the adrenaline that keeps me going. I ran off of 4-5 hours of sleep each night last year :skull:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmanet
Those years definitely fealt like HHN. Did you go in 2006? 4 scare zones and absolutely was HHN. You would have hated the 90s. They had one scare zone. For several years in a row mind you. And that’s not counting how there was a time in this events history where there were no scare zones.

Anyway this conversation is getting off topic. You can have your opinion obviously. But honestly it’s still not a great take. You way over exaggerate how much one extra scare zone adds to the event.

I'll reply because you asked a few things lol.
I was there one night in 2006. I'm sure I wouldn't have like the 90s lol :lol:
As for the bottlenecks, for example, last year I only had to deal with bottlenecks in zones a couple of times. It doesn't happen every second of the night, but an empty street is an empty street.
most people won't even remember dealing with the bottlenecks in zones but they will remember the actors and props they saw. You ultimately will remember the stuff inside the zone I think. I certainly remember that more than dealing with the crowd.
and then, look at the chainsaws in Simpsons area, they are definitely missed dearly. Their absence is very noticeable. Simpsons area doesn't even get hhn props yet the actors turn that area into an awesome area.
killer clowns area and trick or treat had some pretty bad crowds but I mostly remember the actors and props very fondly.
but an empty street, it's just an empty street. The exit of fast and furious feels pretty bad without a zone. I rather deal with a bottleneck than no zone. Rob zombie had a big crowd but it's one of my all time favorite zones.
if you asked me " well we can bring Rob zombie zone again but there will be crowd problems or no zone at all" I would probably rather have it back. Empty streets are depressing.

Everyone hates the walking Dead street zones but I Loved them so much. There were zombies Everywhere. I loved it. Loved it so much. I hope this year has a lot of stuff in the streets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.