Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 282 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly lurk here but this caught my interest. I didn't go to last year's event but I'm back this year. How did this work?? I was looking at grabbing Scream Early in order to do stay and scream but if the resort entrance gets you in at 5:30, maybe I'll do that? This is the first I've heard of this!
It was new last year. I never did it as I didn’t want to do the house it was letting out to Vs the other S&S houses. But what I heard was u got into the park and right as u did u were in line for hellblock and when it was ready they let you in it. Then after that you got let out into the park and could do what was open.

I don't think they even advertised it last year. Or if they did, it wasn't much. I missed getting into the park in time for S&S on one of my days. So, I figured I'd go line up in the hotel entrance line. To my surprise, I walked right into Hellblock and then was able to go anywhere I wanted after getting out. It was definitely nice. And I hope they continue it. I wouldn't utilize it every night. But I might use it on a day or two if I find S&S is too crowded and hot

We have about 3 weeks until rehearsals begin, so I can see this:

This week - Exorcist (SDCC which likely means trailer, perfect timing to announce house)
Next week - Monsters!
First week of August - Oddfellow + everything else

Considering insiders have alluded to there being just two announcements this month (at least for Orlando), I don't think that's gonna' be the case.

Am I the only one getting a bit of After Life: Death's Vengeance vibes from Crossroads? Protagonist that commits heinous acts and (I'm guessing) pays for it in the end, with a twangy, southern vibe?

Even if they end up being vastly different, I'm still a bit happy to see After Life get a little bit of redemption

With what insiders have hinted at with this house, I don't think After Life: Death's Vengeance fits. That one was more of victim's revenge after a serial killer's execution, done in a very cerebral/abstract way.

As for this house, @Legacy has mentioned some good supplemental material being the 1986 movie Crossroads, and the Legend of Robert Johnson. (Something which Crossroads does delve into.) Robert Johnson was a very talented blues musician; in ways he really was the first rock star. However, not much else was known about him besides his music. Cept' for the Legend that he got his talent by selling his soul to the Devil/Mr. Scratch, or in some tellings, Papa Legba.

This is a "Deal with the Devil" kind of tale, so I can see this turning downright Faustian with a musician making a deal to be talented/famous, and then the Devil coming to collect where things literally go to Hell.

A deal with the Devil in Louisiana sounds a lot like Angel Heart to me.

Either that, or maybe an Inferno type house with a honky tonk styling to our journey through hell

only thing would say is that because the hollywood announcement is the 30th that it would be less likely for orlando to have a announcement next week vs this week in comparison. Especially when within days of the 30th a week later would technically be the second week of august when the rest are usually dropped

Hmmmm...This ends on 8/31. I wonder if they could flip this to a Halloween themed show?

Combine that with a new Dead Coconut Club, and that could potentially spread crowds out a little.

Reactions: PumpkinHead66
Hmmmm...This ends on 8/31. I wonder if they could flip this to a Halloween themed show?

Combine that with a new Dead Coconut Club, and that could potentially spread crowds out a little.

Is this also in Orlando?

My big hope is that we get some actual Robert Johnson tunes playing through this house. His music has such an eerie and unsettling tone to it.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
I don't think they even advertised it last year. Or if they did, it wasn't much. I missed getting into the park in time for S&S on one of my days. So, I figured I'd go line up in the hotel entrance line. To my surprise, I walked right into Hellblock and then was able to go anywhere I wanted after getting out. It was definitely nice. And I hope they continue it. I wouldn't utilize it every night. But I might use it on a day or two if I find S&S is too crowded and hot
First I heard about this (granted I'm spoiled with Express lately), but a great idea to lessen that throng of people at the gates by 5:30, at least get them through the ticket scanners early. I do wonder if this came about after they realized not a single soul was heading to Hellgate at Stay & Scream rope drop. Its return might hinge on that remaining an unpopular house.
My big hope is that we get some actual Robert Johnson tunes playing through this house. His music has such an eerie and unsettling tone to it.
I agree, also because he's so intrinsically tied to this legend, it would feel like appropriation to use some generic blues music in the house. It's his story, not some anonymous urban legend.

I agree, also because he's so intrinsically tied to this legend, it would feel like appropriation to use some generic blues music in the house. It's his story, not some anonymous urban legend.

But if this takes place in Louisiana as opposed to Georgia it's not his story (unless Louisiana has something to do with his story...I'm not too familiar with it)

And if it is his story, and using his music, then is not an IP house? Hmmmmm.

View attachment 19252
I’ve no idea how to link things so sorry abt formatting, but this just got up in New York. It’s a weird angle so I can’t tell if the truss to the right is tribute store construction or if it’s blocking the entrance. Link to the tweet is on the construction thread
I might be crazy, but that looks like tribute store construction to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.