Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 283 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, also because he's so intrinsically tied to this legend, it would feel like appropriation to use some generic blues music in the house. It's his story, not some anonymous urban legend.
Eeeeh… “appropriation” might be a little excessive. The legend of meeting the Devil at a crossroads goes back to (at least) Faust in 1876, and that story is based on a legend from the 1400s. The “crossroads” aspect of the legend is not specific to Robert Johnson. It’s a fairly standard legend. It’s the blues music aspect that is “unique” to him. It’s also not exactly a favorable legend (I can’t imagine his estate threatening legal proceedings because Robert Johnson sold his soul). While it may be a touch uncouth to retell the legend without, you know, the legend, it’s no worse than what they’ve done with Roanoke or the lost Columbus ship.

Again, I don’t follow this thread much to save myself headache, but what are we expecting for this year’s classic monsters house? I know Paris is the popular rumor, so do we think just Phantom or are there gonna be others?

Reactions: Ahmanet
Krampus always seemed to come out of nowhere based on pretty flimsy evidence.

The element I’m now most curious about is Exorcist - any insiders wanna tease us with a hint on details? In or out? Original or Blumhouse or HHN-specific sequel or mashup?

Again, I don’t follow this thread much to save myself headache, but what are we expecting for this year’s classic monsters house? I know Paris is the popular rumor, so do we think just Phantom or are there gonna be others?
This is what I've been wondering. I'm assuming Phantom/Dracula, with maybe Hunchback?

Reactions: Ahmanet
This is what I've been wondering. I'm assuming Phantom/Dracula, with maybe Hunchback?
My ideal is Phantom/Hunchback with them fighting over the same girl as both stories involve a monster in love with a girl.

Edit: also, in my version the Phantom is the villain as he is seen as a more villainous character in the novel original movies. He kidnaps the girl (possibly Esmeralda and probably from Notre Dame) after hearing her voice and brings her to his lair beneath the Opera House.

The Hunchback pursues.

Last edited:
Hey, I don’t generally post but I’m rewatching ST4 and there’s a scene where Jason is being interrogated about Patrick’s death and he is asked where Eddie was. He then states that Eddie is just a vessel for satan. He’s made a pact with the devil and now he has his powers. Links in nicely with the Robert Johnson rumours even if there’s no intention….
Or are the Robert Johnson rumblings just a vessel too? Just kidding, but it just pricked my ears

I just wonder when the next announcement will be... :lol:
From a logical standpoint, announce next week before Midsummer, then they have something to talk about at the event as well as being able to announce a Hollywood original.

Extend that hype train from the end of the week right into the weekend.

My question as far as announcements go is which will be the last IP announcement?

Murdy seemed to indicate that he believed Chucky was being re-announced, so do they save that for last?

Were it me, that’s what I would do as that little doll sells tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.