Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Project 727

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Comcast logo has the NBC peacock on it (it's not a turkey, people, it's a peacock :D) so it should be included either way.

comcast_logo_detail.png

D'oh! I knew that! Brain fart. And yes, that's a very nice logo that I wouldn't mind seeing in the parks.

(Kinda) Related: Last night while interviewing Bryce Dallas Howard for Jurassic World, Fallon exclaimed, "I love theme parks and all that stuff."

I would say that was evident by his UO shows and his presence at USH.

I would say that was evident by his UO shows and his presence at USH.
Not that i'm going to dismiss Jimmy's comment, but he hardly has a choice when the upper brass tell's him "you're going to Orlando for a week of shows" or "we need you to record some stuff for the tram ride in Hollywood". And why would he not want to do any of that? It's great promotion for him, especially the tram and a potential ride a USF.

Challenge Task: Design a D Ticket attraction based on "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon". Use a "Flying Theater" ride system. Make it funny. Make it happen. Go!
Jimmy's ratings are good, but could be better. We're all in a new fandangled theater machine, that moves us about, Jimmy is giving us a tour of the Tonight Show set....Guests for his show tonight, and the Roots even stop by to say hello.

Jimmy leads us to his dressing room, however on the way we pass the "science experiment" guy that is going on last tonight
474430598-episode-0269-pictured-scientist-kevin-gettyimages.jpg

He has laid out a bunch of his experiments, Jimmy introduces us, the guy is super excited and wants to show us this awesome new technology that adds the ability to fly to anything it touches, and can be controlled via remote control.

"But before I can bring it on the Tonight Show I need to test it to see if it works......." **he and Jimmy turn heads slowly to look at audience, the scientist raises his eyebrows** Jimmy disapproves! "NO NO NO, these are my guests, I am responsible here!!"

"Then you take the remote!" Science guy says, tosses Jimmy the controller, and he throws this DUST in 3-D all over the theater.......all of a sudden we feel the sense of flight, Jimmy is going crazy -- 2 minutes of Jimmy flying us throughout 30 Rock, cameos of Tina Fay doing something funny in a dressing room "OMG GET OUT!!!".....We fly by the Roots rehersal, hit a cymbal.....Chris Pratt is one of the guests that night, hes walking through the hallway with Lorne Michaels:

**Doesnt notice us yet** Lorne: "Yeah so, how much we talking for you to replace Jimmy ASAP?"

Jimmy: "hey what?!!?!"

Chris: "Oh hey buddy! Whoa whats this thing? Are those real people?!?!?! **close up of Chris Pratt's mouth as he goes back and forth**

Somehow we fly outside the studio, Jimmy takes us around NY, we end up back at the Tonight Show JUST IN TIME for filming, Jimmy comes out, mentions us in his monologue! Cut to commercial lights up, ride over, everyone claps.

Probably because the NBC News facade is a lot more recognizable.

True...but its famous for the TODAY show and such filming there, correct? If they are building the facade to look like the Comcast Building, the NBC Experience Store is located right next to the marquee Teebin also posted. The store is located on the ground floor of the Comcast Building. The facade is not iconic, as it looks like all the store fronts in the Rockefeller Plaza area, but at least it's accurate. :tongue:

This link will take you right to the Google street view of the street, showing the store and the marquee.

^ ^ Yep, every day from 7-11. Only 10-11 do we get to see the NBC Store and Wizarding World promo graphic in the windows. (and yes, I glance at the TV far too much... always have... it keeps me calm and designing)

I've seen it, I've been there, albeit just for a quick day in Manhattan. The facades on Hollywood Blvd. are, while closer to pure copies than DHS' facades, also approximations/combinations. That's just the nature of theme park facades for things like this. Rarely will you get a "true to life" copy unless we're talking historically/culturally important things like a very few things in World Showcase.

The whole of the Rock Center was built with similar styling, but the NBC News facade is much more visually appealing then the Experience Store. This area should have a "best-of" the selection at the real site, and I would say a Rainbow Room marquee is required.

42625_l.jpg

Brand new demolition permit filed yesterday for Project 727. I would ride Twister soon if I were you...

Screenshot%202015-06-23%20at%208.13.49%20AM_zpsvvoofyia.png

Maybe we can get this thread moved to the USF forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.