Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been hearing hotel ops condensed to Hard Rock, Royal, and Cabana, with Sapphire on stand-by. This is from a newer source with a decent record, but still checking if anyone has heard similar.
I supposed the Overall size of cabana bay plus the Bayliner diner makes it a good choice in this current climate. They can space rooms easily If required and the quick service dining means people can eat in their rooms if they don’t feel safe.

I supposed the Overall size of cabana bay plus the Bayliner diner makes it a good choice in this current climate. They can space rooms easily If required and the quick service dining means people can eat in their rooms if they don’t feel safe.
Yes, the Diner is essentially like a mall food court in scope...So it's the most roomy option

Although it does get pretty full

I assume room service only may be applicable for a while

I've been hearing hotel ops condensed to Hard Rock, Royal, and Cabana, with Sapphire on stand-by. This is from a newer source with a decent record, but still checking if anyone has heard similar.
the survey I received today from Loews was mostly specific to CBBR. So that part seems almost verification of that resort

The Facebook comments on the reopening post are glorious. If you don’t want to wear a mask, don’t go. Anyone stupid enough to go to a theme park and not properly protect yourself or others shouldn’t be there in the first place. Not looking for your opinion on this truth by the way.

the survey I received today from Loews was mostly specific to CBBR. So that part seems almost verification of that resort
I’ve seen surveys for pretty much all the resorts now (not Endless Summer). It could based on places you’ve previously stayed, or just random.

IDK about Universal, but Disney is giving back every day that your ticket was valid during the closure, so I assume Universal is doing something similar.
Disappointed about no reservations. If you are sticking to such a strict capacity limit, you're pretty much screwed if you aren't a local.
Six Flags....SIX FLAGS is going to have a Reservation system

So this is kinda insane that Universal wont

I’ve seen surveys for pretty much all the resorts now (not Endless Summer). It could based on places you’ve previously stayed, or just random.

I get the impression with Endless Summer that they will want to get the resort finished and have a grand opening. The resort isn't needed right now and for lack of a better description, I don't think it would be particularly nice to open the resort in the current climate.

I get the impression with Endless Summer that they will want to get the resort finished and have a grand opening. The resort isn't needed right now and for lack of a better description, I don't think it would be particularly nice to open the resort in the current climate.
Yeah, when you think about it, Dockside was going to do a Phased opening. Now it just makes sense to do a full opening all at once whenever the hotel is fully done and the Endless Summer inventory is needed.

Yeah, when you think about it, Dockside was going to do a Phased opening. Now it just makes sense to do a full opening all at once whenever the hotel is fully done and the Endless Summer inventory is needed.

Upon saying that is work still ongoing to finish the resort?

The Facebook comments on the reopening post are glorious. If you don’t want to wear a mask, don’t go. Anyone stupid enough to go to a theme park and not properly protect yourself or others shouldn’t be there in the first place. Not looking for your opinion on this truth by the way.

I saw some of those posts. Jeez... If you can’t wear a mask for “health reasons,” why on earth would you go to a theme park with a respiratory pandemic happening? It boggles my mind.

And masks not required. Not surprised after it was discovered their owner is a crazy person.

I might have missed something, but what exactly happened with Fun Spot’s owner? I know he let Fun Spot open more than it should have, but is there something else out there?

And yes, I do think it’s crazy that he’s “encouraging” but not requiring masks.

I saw some of those posts. Jeez... If you can’t wear a mask for “health reasons,” why on earth would you go to a theme park with a respiratory pandemic happening? It boggles my mind.

I might have missed something, but what exactly happened with Fun Spot’s owner? I know he let Fun Spot open more than it should have, but is there something else out there?

And yes, I do think it’s crazy that he’s “encouraging” but not requiring masks.

Where to start? His math is bad. First, it’s 99.4% chance of survival, not 96%. And even those numbers are stupid because if you’re 20 and healthy , it’s way higher than 99.4 and if your 80 or obese or another high risk person, it’s way lower than 99.4%.
The “God made us this way” argument disregards those with an autoimmune disorder who are at high risk. If you believe in God, then you’d know that God also gave you a brain to use. Walking into traffic because “God has a time and a place when he’ll take me” is as idiotic as thinking God will protect you if you are high risk so go ahead and get it.

I understand his first two paragraphs, and as a small business owner seeing his livelihood destroyed, I can see why he would look for numbers that support his bias. But that fourth one... woof.

Status
Not open for further replies.