Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Lack of Announcements Thread

The issue is not their problem though, it's the fans. As far as they are concerned, the business model has worked; and there is no evidence, from a business standpoint, that it's going to fail at this moment. No one has to like it, but at the end of the day - numbers don't lie.
The issue is not their problem though, it's the fans. As far as they are concerned, the business model has worked; and there is no evidence, from a business standpoint, that it's going to fail at this moment. No one has to like it, but at the end of the day - numbers don't lie.

This is why I constantly repeat that the fanboys aren't as important as they think they are. There is no incentive on Universal's end to play to a very small piece of the fan base in the way that fan base seems to want.

Problem with issuing a C&D is, it proves the content in question is legitimate, which in itself adds credibility to the leak. By ignoring it, there’s always doubt in people’s minds of a leak’s legitimacy.
yes...but they're done after the fact so they're usually sent to scare off future disclosures, too late for the present.......It's kind of a game of sorts.:)...Is it 'controlled leak' or is it an 'unauthorized leak'. Often, even the leaker doesn't know for sure. And, none of us common folks, will ever know for sure. Bottom line, it's not really worth it for us to get our dander up over Universal releasing or not releasing info. Sooner or later, the attraction will open. And then we'll know what the final product is. All in due time. Patience is a virtue. :)

Last edited:
Problem with issuing a C&D is, it proves the content in question is legitimate, which in itself adds credibility to the leak. By ignoring it, there’s always doubt in people’s minds of a leak’s legitimacy.

It might have been a viable tactic in the past but with internet age, something can be posted and replicated within minutes and by then the damage is done.

It might have been relevant in the day of industrial espionage but I don’t doubt for a second that Disney, Universal and SeaWorld don’t know exactly what the others are doing.

Leaks wouldn’t necessarily bother me as a company, it’s frustrating sure but fake rumours would annoy me more as it can create wildly impossible expectations.

Harry Potter has been pretty much spot on the money and the experience won’t be truly known until you ride but looking back at Kong with all the rumours about the driver getting ripped out the car and when Universal don’t deliver that, people could be disappointed through no fault of Universal.

I think universal should engage the fan base, like they do with social media and such.

To a point I agree, and they already do up to that point. Their twitter handle plays with us, as does Horror Nights'. My issue comes when some random fan rants for five forum pages about what a bad business decision it is not to release the name of a coaster, like they know anything from anything. It's that sense of entitlement/unearned knowledge that creases my collar.

It might have been a viable tactic in the past but with internet age, something can be posted and replicated within minutes and by then the damage is done.

It might have been relevant in the day of industrial espionage but I don’t doubt for a second that Disney, Universal and SeaWorld don’t know exactly what the others are doing.

Leaks wouldn’t necessarily bother me as a company, it’s frustrating sure but fake rumours would annoy me more as it can create wildly impossible expectations.

Harry Potter has been pretty much spot on the money and the experience won’t be truly known until you ride but looking back at Kong with all the rumours about the driver getting ripped out the car and when Universal don’t deliver that, people could be disappointed through no fault of Universal.
The funny thing about the Kong bad info is that Niles was saying that driver ripped out and live drivers part up until the ride actually opened, but then he acted like he never did say it. :lol: Why Light Bulb was the other that stuck to that story....Disneyhead back then said that was a real early concept idea only that was never ever greenlit, so Niles must have had some old leaked unapproved rumor but never got the newer greenlit stuff, which almost everyone on IU in the know (OU then) knew about.

Once it’s out it’s out, but they’ll strong arm people with trespassing at the parks. I’ve seen it before.

The funny thing about the Kong bad info is that Niles was saying that driver ripped out and live drivers part up until the ride actually opened, but then he acted like he never did say it. :lol: Why Light Bulb was the other that stuck to that story....Disneyhead back then said that was a real early concept idea only that was never ever greenlit, so Niles must have had some old leaked unapproved rumor but never got the newer greenlit stuff, which almost everyone on IU in the know (OU then) knew about.

Kong changed scope when the ride vehicles went from two attached trams to one large trackless vehicle.

Didn't Niles also say that there was nothing inside the showbuilding except load/unload and the 360 tunnel?

Didn't Niles also say that there was nothing inside the showbuilding except load/unload and the 360 tunnel?
Exactly.You have a great memory ...but then he continually denied saying that the next year....yes, I remember that all very well since I continually argued the points with him before the ride ever opened, since I had all that info that we had here on this site, and the real plans were easily available on the net...and that whole escapade of his being obstinate and acting superior even though he was wrong is the reason I quit posting on his site.

Did anyone not named Hill or Niles ever confirm that this was an actual plan?
Why Light Bulb over on Magic....but he is a strange one...that may be who Niles got it off of since it was so similar....Dave (Disneyhead) has discussed the background of it in depth on a few occasions on various IU threads. He said it was just one of a number of concepts before the final budget for the attraction and was never greenlit . Disneyhead's early attraction development info is generally very accurate

That door swings both way. If you know the coaster opens in June and you've already planned a visit for May, you might not bother visiting. Plus if they announce a June opening and it gets delayed (It's Intamin which is more than likely) and you've booked your vacation because of the HP coaster and it's not open, you're going to be pissed off.

Then that could be said about any attraction opening anywhere. But that's not how this works and that's why there are entire marketing departments, public relations departments, and social media teams dedicated to these resorts in an effort to drum up interest for expansions of this magnitude for which currently there is none.

Not talking about the fanbase... but those who would actually plan to visit this Summer or late Summer, especially when last year's was pretty soft in attendance by previous standards. And that was with a new nighttime show and Fast & Furious (and F&F got its first look back in Q4 2017 and ride teasers and ads starting around the same time). But instead more people are talking about HHN already because, as you well know, they already announced the full calendar of dates and flex ticket promotion and before that announced it would be starting earlier than ever.

Then that could be said about any attraction opening anywhere. But that's not how this works and that's why there are entire marketing departments, public relations departments, and social media teams dedicated to these resorts in an effort to drum up interest for expansions of this magnitude for which currently there is none.

Not talking about the fanbase... but those who would actually plan to visit this Summer or late Summer, especially when last year's was pretty soft in attendance by previous standards. And that was with a new nighttime show and Fast & Furious (and F&F got its first look back in Q4 2017 and ride teasers and ads starting around the same time). But instead more people are talking about HHN already because, as you well know, they already announced the full calendar of dates and flex ticket promotion and before that announced it would be starting earlier than ever.
That's because HHN is more of a profit driver than the coaster will be.

Things are leaked in literally every line of business. Comcast may not like it, but really it’s just a part of being a successful enterprise. When your business is successful and people are excited about it, leaks become inevitable.

Things are leaked in literally every line of business. Comcast may not like it, but really it’s just a part of being a successful enterprise. When your business is successful and people are excited about it, leaks become inevitable.

Well... yea, but that doesn’t mean the companies are cool with it. :lol:

Well... yea, but that doesn’t mean the companies are cool with it. :lol:
Well of course not, but there’s virtually no preventing it. Doesn’t mean they have to like it obviously, but I don’t think there’s a enough duck tape in the world to cover up leakage on this scale.

Well of course not, but there’s virtually no preventing it. Doesn’t mean they have to like it obviously, but I don’t think there’s a enough duck tape in the world to cover up leakage on this scale.

Well... yes and no. They probably won't be able to ever really stop the cycle, but whoever's leaking is definitely able to be taped up.